Monsterboard

Girls singing Lordi songs

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Girls singing Lordi songs

Postby Monsterlady38 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:32 pm

Hey Monstermaniacs what do you think of girls singing Lordi songs? We may not sound as distorted when we do it but at least we try. What do you guys think of girls singing Lordi songs, do you think it's cute even if they do not sound exactly like Mr. Lordi?
Last edited by Monsterlady38 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Honey honey lemme hug you like a spider, honey honey lemme give you evil love
Honey honey lemme kiss you like a viper, open up your heart, receive my evil love"

Blog | Instagram | FB | Lordi Army NA
Monsterlady38

Re: Girls singing Lordi songs

Postby Missing Miss Cali » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:23 pm

If anyone's got a problem with my voice they can take a seat with the other bitches waiting for me to give a fuck. Excuse my language :roll: but I speak the truth. If any lad's got a problem with us girls singing Lordi songs we will kick their bloody ass to Finland and Mr. Lordi and the other monsters can do what they do best (kill 'em!) :twisted:
And I wish you well in hell
Missing Miss Cali

Postby Monsterlady38 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:34 pm

Missing Miss Cali wrote:If anyone's got a problem with my voice they can take a seat with the other bitches waiting for me to give a fuck. Excuse my language :roll: but I speak the truth. If any lad's got a problem with us girls singing Lordi songs we will kick their bloody ass to Finland and Mr. Lordi and the other monsters can do what they do best (kill 'em!) :twisted:

Haha be careful with the language. :P and I agree with you, I don't see why we girls can't sing Lordi songs. Some of us share that with the world in videos or in front of people in public. One thing I personally don't like is when people dislike a girl singing Lordi songs and then they share it with people trying to convince them how bad the girl sounds. Look at me; I've been singing since I was a kid and now Mr. Lordi has inspired me to sing more so I don't like haters. :roll:

Any other opinions?
Honey honey lemme kiss you like a viper, open up your heart, receive my evil love"

Monsterlady38

Postby miss_brutality » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:02 pm

I think a girl can totally slay a Lordi song :D Although imitating Mr L.'s singing will be a disaster if you can make it your own it can totally work.
Forever and Always!
miss_brutality

Postby Anthalerero » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:43 pm

miss_brutality wrote:Although imitating Mr L.'s singing will be a disaster if you can make it your own it can totally work.

uh... ever heard of Angela Gossow...? Comparing to her, L sounds like a good child... scnr
~ Proud member of the Kalmageddon Order ~

Never let them see behind the mask at all
The icon must never ever fall

*** ALL HAIL THE FREAKS!!! ***
Anthalerero

Postby miss_brutality » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:24 am

Anthalerero wrote:
miss_brutality wrote:Although imitating Mr L.'s singing will be a disaster if you can make it your own it can totally work.

uh... ever heard of Angela Gossow...? Comparing to her, L sounds like a good child... scnr

I hadn't amd DAMN! But not very girl can sing like that :lol: (thank God) I fail to appreciate women singing like that. :roll: #SorryNotSorry
Forever and Always!
miss_brutality

Postby Nadine » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:18 am

Girls can sing whatever the hell we want. Whether its One Direction, Lordi or Elvis Presley. It's like Beyonce says...
"Who run the world?" GIRLS!! :twisted: :lol: (this is going to turn into a huge feminist discussion pretty soon)
Nadine

Postby Monsterlady38 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:48 pm

Okay, now that I've got a few more opinions I will go a little deeper into what I think.

I think that a girl can sing any song she wants. Even a Lordi song, I wish people would quit convincing us girls to only sing songs that are sang by female singers because that's just not fair for us. We can sing whatever we want. I sing Lordi songs all the time and sometimes haters come along and say "This really isn't something for you to be singing because it doesn't match.....blah blah blah." You know what I say to those people? I say that it's not about matching Mr. Lordi's voice. It's about having fun and perfection there's no need for it. People don't get it and they don't understand. If a girl is singing a Lordi song and she enjoys doing it then that's all that matters. There's no need to put her down by telling her that she can't sing just because her voice is different from Mr. Lordi's.

That's what I have to say. Anyone else? :)

Monsterlady38

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:14 pm

Let us remember that female and male vocals have different textures, tones and pitches. Singing in a Lordi type voice for most girls would be generally unwise, as it is beyond their range. It's not spite, but simple music logistics. The same way a man will never hit the tones of a soprano, unless his falsetto is ridiculously high (sounding comical) or he is a castratto...which in these times is highly unlikely.

Essentially, ladies should modify the song to suit their needs. This means increasing the pitch of the song to a slightly higher vocal range, in order to achieve a proper vocal effect for it.
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby ginacartoon » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:25 am

Hey I sang Lordi songs from time to time, and Nightmare Wings Hell is a witness to that :lol: so yea girls can sing Lordi songs from ye hearts content!
ginacartoon

Postby Monsterlady38 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:31 pm

Your point is correct Nightmare Wings Hell in terms of singing a Lordi song for a more professional reason but as ginacartoon said: there is nothing wrong with singing a Lordi song to your heart's content no matter what you sound like. It all depends on what you're singing a Lordi song for. If you're singing it for maybe other people because you want attention then that's when your point is correct. But if you're just singing it for yourself then you don't have to sound perfect but that's just what I think. :) I would only prefer to adjust my voice or the pitch of the song more to sing a Lordi song if I was doing it to get a record deal. But since I'm not and am only doing it for fun then I don't really care if I don't sound perfect. Not saying I'm dismissing your facts or anything. :)

Moving on, anyone else? :)

Monsterlady38

Postby Rosalie » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:37 pm

I sing Lordi. Don't like it, jump of a cliff and break your neck.
That sounds a bit harsh :oops:
But everyone has the right to sing whatever they want. :D
Hey YOU
Yeah, you reading this.
If you ever feel sad then remember you are a fabulous and majestic unicorn-cabbage.
And your face is nice.
And you should smile more because you look amazing when you smile.
Rosalie

Postby Monsterlady38 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:47 pm

Maybe it's a little bit harsh Rosalie but maybe that's just the way we are sometimes. :P

Lately I've learned a little more about why some people do not approve of girls singing Lordi songs and just for fun I tweeted to Amen asking him what he thought of female fans and/or female vocalists singing the songs and he said "What?! That's rock n roll!!" I guess Amen approves! :lol: Thanks Amen!

Anyhoo, well according to some out there. If we were to improve we would need some coaching because it seems that the people who have done covers on places like YouTube have taken lessons, got their own band, etc.

So do most of you female Monstermaniacs sing a Lordi song in private or do you desire to share it with others and improve?

Monsterlady38

Postby Isa » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:41 pm

When I sing (rarely) it's in private, some time share with friends for them give me advice but it's rare.

You will never see me put it on youtube if i'm not ready to support dislike and bad comments, if I mind I will get some I keep it private
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby Monsterlady38 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:27 pm

Isa wrote:When I sing (rarely) it's in private, some time share with friends for them give me advice but it's rare.

You will never see me put it on youtube if i'm not ready to support dislike and bad comments, if I mind I will get some I keep it private

Good thinking. :) and you're right, it shouldn't go public on a website or whatever if you're not ready to deal with dislikes and negative comments. That's why I ended up closing my YouTube account so just like you I think I'll stick to singing Lordi privately and keep it with friends. :wink:

Monsterlady38

Postby Missing Miss Cali » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:21 pm

I don't normally sing Lordi songs in private. I'll sing them anywhere and at anytime. I won't upload anything to Youtube but not because I can't handle negative feedback. I'm just massively against social networking sites (like Facebook, twitter, ect) and I had a debate with myself joining this site :roll:
I know youtube isn't really a social networking thinggy but I also don't like uploading images or videos of myself on any website. :oops: personal reasons mostly. (but it's not because I'm deformed or missing half of my face or anything [which I am not])

If there's a karaoke night somewhere in town I'll go and see if there's Lordi songs. If there is I'll sing. Sometimes when I go and visit my family in Wales we'll have this big reunion (sometimes fellow monstermaniac, Rosalie, will tag along) and I will sing a couple of Lordi songs on karaoke (and I'm going to force you to sing along with me, Rosalie :P :lol: ). Next visit is in one week exactly. :D

So to answer your question, I share Lordi songs with the world (well, sort of :lol: )

Oh and if anyone's wondering how I'd deal with negative feedback then I don't go and feed the trolls. I'm the type of person who'd just shrug it off, ignore the haters and if I did feel sad I'd probably tell myself to get over it. I'm pretty hard on myself :(
And I wish you well in hell
Missing Miss Cali

Postby Rosalie » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:37 pm

Missing Miss Cali wrote:(and I'm going to force you to sing along with me, Rosalie :P :lol: )

Oh god, please no :oops: :roll: :lol:

I normally sing Lordi songs in private, I have no love for standing up and singing to the world. I'll sing if someone sings with me (I'm not implying I'll sing along with you Missing Miss Cali) and I don't really like uploading my voice to Youtube. I have attempted a couple of covers. I listen to my voice first and I sound god-awful :roll:
HOWEVER...
Missing Miss Cali, you do have a good voice so sing bitch sing! :roll: (sorry, I had to let that out :P )
Hey YOU
Yeah, you reading this.
If you ever feel sad then remember you are a fabulous and majestic unicorn-cabbage.
And your face is nice.
Rosalie

Postby Monsterlady38 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:16 pm

Hahaha if there was a karaoke night in my town there is no way there will be a Lordi song on the list. :( I've stopped uploading covers on YouTube so I've terminated my account cause the viewers were just plain rude so now I'm singing Lordi songs in private. Sometimes I sing them in a shower or when I'm doing chores around the house. A girl like me often will sing it softly while walking around the house hoping my parents don't hear it. :lol:

Monsterlady38

Postby Police Line Do Not Cross » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:40 pm

Girls and guys can sing whatever they like if they enjoy doing it. Just ignore the bastards. Period. :)
Police Line Do Not Cross

Postby Monsterlady38 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:46 pm

Police Line Do Not Cross wrote:Girls and guys can sing whatever they like if they enjoy doing it. Just ignore the bastards. Period. :)

THIS. ^^ of course, I sang the Lordi song Evilyn from the Deadache album in front of some people at school and they thought it was great. It's probably the best Lordi song I can sing. :wink:

Monsterlady38

Postby Rosalie » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:46 pm

Yeah I suck at singing Lordi songs. I was singing 'Hard Rock Hallelujah" because, well, I like that song and my friends politely said I'm a bad singer:

"You haven't got the voice to be singing stuff as brutal as that,"

And I smiled brightly and stuck my middle fingers in the air. 凸^-^凸
Hey YOU
Yeah, you reading this.
And your face is nice.
Rosalie

Postby Monsterlady38 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:08 am

I'm pretty solid at singing HRH but I only sing it better if the song is playing in the background. If it's not then it's not as good. :P

Monsterlady38

Postby ginacartoon » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:51 pm

Just a silly thought, imagine if there was an album of the fans singing the songs

If so dibs on WYLAMM
ginacartoon

Postby Miss-Elodia » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:09 pm

ginacartoon wrote:Just a silly thought, imagine if there was an album of the fans singing the songs

I'm so doing it! :wink:
Keeping Markus in my cellar since 2015.
Twitter Tumblr Facebook Lordi stories on FanFiction
Miss-Elodia

Postby Monsterlady38 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:58 pm

Miss-Elodia wrote:
ginacartoon wrote:Just a silly thought, imagine if there was an album of the fans singing the songs

I'm so doing it! :wink:

I second that. :lol:

Monsterlady38

Next

Return to General discussion