Monsterboard

Lordi Rocks

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Lordi Rocks

Postby Nightcrawler » Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:08 pm

I haven't heard Heavy Metal of this calibre in ages! I came across Lordi while watching MTV and I watched the video of "Blood Red Sandman". And now I'm hooked!

I'd like to see Lordi around for a long time to come because the impression I get is that they are getting better. Monsterican Dream is an incredible work....just who was it who said Heavy Metal's dead?!...They musn't have heard Lordi!

Still I think they should stylize their face masks, something cyber-horror with a futuristic look yet still with monster bearings.

Let it be said no matter what they've got on their face...Lordi will remain Lordi...and that's hard hitting, ass-kicking, wall shattering, mind numbing, powerful Heavy Metal!

Lordi Rocks!!!
--
Nightcrawler
"Beware the beast in black"
Nightcrawler

Postby Fallen One » Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:14 pm

Hey Nightcrawler!

Welcome to the Lordi forums ;)

Thank you for your superb opinion about Lordi, but I don't agree as to where they should stylise their masks. Their masks should stay the way they are, they rock!

See you around ;)
Fallen One.
Mr. Killjoy
And I don't care if you don't like me...
Fallen One
Ex-Admin

Postby SMF » Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:21 pm

Nightcrawler -
You didn't see them on MTV in the USA, did you? If so.. That would be awesome!
RIP Jayjay. I love you
SMF

Postby Fallen Angel » Sun May 01, 2005 3:16 am

It must have been in the U.S.A because they never show anything good on M.T.V in the U.K. It's crap because it is mainly f**king Britney and s**t like that. I wish they would show Lordi more often than what they do because they only show it now and again over here and that is only on Kerrang and they have been on Scuzz too, the only two decent music channels that we have in the U.K.

Lordi are a band that would not probably be shown on M.T.V over here because they don't believe in any other music apart from Pop :evil: .

..::Fallen Angel::..
Life is unpredictable, just go along with it
Fallen Angel

Postby Beauty of the beast » Sun May 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Fallen One wrote:Thank you for your superb opinion about Lordi, but I don't agree as to where they should stylise their masks. Their masks should stay the way they are, they rock!
Fallen One.

Amen to that Fallen One :twisted: .

But yes, Hellcome to Monsterboard Nightcrawler, I hope you have a Hell of a time here.

Stay Heavy Monstermaniacs :twisted: .
Getting Heavy Since : 18,09,03
Hell-o I am me, who the Hell are you?
Proud Brother of the Unholy Ghost
Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby Ragnar » Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:43 pm

I agree with the Fallen Angel! MTV are just a bunch of WHIMPS :twisted:
"We fight to protect our kinfolk, we fight to defend our clans, but more importantly we fight to uphold our honour. For we are sons of Grungni; alone we are rocks, united we stand with the strength of a mountain."
Ragnar

Postby Fallen Angel » Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:22 pm

Ragnar wrote:I agree with the Fallen Angel! MTV are just a bunch of WHIMPS :twisted:

Yay! :twisted: Finally, their are only two decent Music channels over here and that's Kerrang and Scuzz, and Lordi has been shown on both of them \../...

Fallen Angel

Postby Ragnar » Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:42 pm

Good!! But...here in Serbia...Lordi has been shown on a most gay-like chanell (PINK :( ).They are shown only because they wear make-up etc.
But they can just watch :twisted: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"We fight to protect our kinfolk, we fight to defend our clans, but more importantly we fight to uphold our honour. For we are sons of Grungni; alone we are rocks, united we stand with the strength of a mountain."
Ragnar

Postby SMF » Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:28 pm

Fallen Angel wrote:It must have been in the U.S.A because they never show anything good on M.T.V in the U.K. It's crap because it is mainly f**king Britney and s**t like that. I wish they would show Lordi more often than what they do because they only show it now and again over here and that is only on Kerrang and they have been on Scuzz too, the only two decent music channels that we have in the U.K.

Lordi are a band that would not probably be shown on M.T.V over here because they don't believe in any other music apart from Pop :evil: .

Well MTV here in the USA isn't anybetter... Our country is the one who produces half that pop shit out there. I guarentee America has the WORST music scene.
RIP Jayjay. I love you
SMF

Postby Beauty of the beast » Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:43 pm

Hell SMF, It wasn't that way a few years ago e.g. KISS :P

But then again the UK did kick ass back then aswell, but I guess the majority of the world did back then, when ROCK ruled the roost.

Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby TheHatred » Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:28 am

Fallen Angel wrote:
Ragnar wrote:I agree with the Fallen Angel! MTV are just a bunch of WHIMPS :twisted:

Yay! :twisted: Finally, their are only two decent Music channels over here and that's Kerrang and Scuzz, and Lordi has been shown on both of them \../...

Really? Damn. :O

I really dont want Lordi to achieve commercial success over here, for the simple fact that people wont take them seriously. They'll just be seen as another gimmick and the music wont be appreciated. :?
I love a Monster Man.
TheHatred

Postby Fallen Angel » Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:27 pm

TheHatred wrote:Really? Damn. :O

I really dont want Lordi to achieve commercial success over here, for the simple fact that people wont take them seriously. They'll just be seen as another gimmick and the music wont be appreciated.

I know how you feel but Kerrang gave Lordi a really good review about the gig they did at La Scala in London and they were not seen as a gimmick act at all. The crowd loved them and so did the magazine. Some of the people who have seen them on Kerrang and Scuzz have actually come on here and become active members of the board, so I don't think them showing Lordi on Kerrang and Scuzz isn't a bad idea. It is better that they get well known because that means if they do another tour then they are going to get more people to come and see them, whether they think it a gimmick act or not. It means that Lordi will actually get to really high places and become the greatest rock band ever \../ and I think this will make them happy.

Fallen Angel

Postby SMF » Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:59 pm

Beauty of the beast wrote:Hell SMF, It wasn't that way a few years ago e.g. KISS :P

But then again the UK did kick ass back then aswell, but I guess the majority of the world did back then, when ROCK ruled the roost.

So true BoTB,
Kiss came out in 72-73 and changed Rock n Roll forever. They are one of the best things to come out of America, But Alice Cooper will always be THE best :) He came out in 1969 I believe.. But the 80's had some amazing music as well from the USA... Twisted Sister, Wasp, Motley Crue, Guns N Roses... The list is endless. But let's just say the music scene in the USA in the last 15 years have been awful. Be glad you are in the U.K. You guys get The Download Festival... There are some great bands playing there: Lordi, Crashdiet...ETC. All America get is Ozzfest... wich has to be the most awful collection of music thrown on a stage.

Lordi, Hanoi Rocks, and Alexi Laiho (of Children of Bodom and Sinergy, EXCELLENT guitarist.) are my Finnish favorites.
RIP Jayjay. I love you
SMF

Postby Beauty of the beast » Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:30 am

Hell yeah SMF I guess I should be gratefull... and you said Sinergy as a Finnish favorite, aparrently Marco from Tarot/Nightwish playted for them... I'm not sure though.

Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby atrak » Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:59 pm

Yeah!

LORDI ROCKS
atrak

Postby grims » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:29 pm

YAY!
grims

Lordi rocks

Postby Rnbdesigners » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:37 am

hey nightcrawler Lordi is the best Blood Red Sandman is also my favorite song and no never Heavy metal music will live forever but Lordi also has other great songs like Kalmageddon, It snows in hell, HRH, Would you love a monsterman, Devil is a loser and etc their an amazing band i would love to see them live
Rnbdesigners

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:27 am

Fallen Angel wrote:

yes! And Kerrang tries my patience lately, they're so faddy. You know "Oh we'll play this band cos we like them, we think they're brilliant- oh, no, dont like them any more, never play them again!"

Scuzz rocks though.
}=~M~I~M~M~={
Ade Due Demballa.
Because you can't spell Necromancer without Romance
Mad Madam Mimm

Re: Lordi rocks

Postby Hemitys » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:39 am

Rnbdesigners wrote:hey nightcrawler Lordi is the best Blood Red Sandman is also my favorite song and no never Heavy metal music will live forever but Lordi also has other great songs like Kalmageddon, It snows in hell, HRH, Would you love a monsterman, Devil is a loser and etc their an amazing band i would love to see them live

You really had to bring this topic up for a message like that? Oh lord...
A Monster Heart Is A Hell To Tear Apart
Hemitys
Site Admin

Return to General discussion