Monsterboard

How did you discover Lordi?

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

How did you discover Lordi?

Postby spazworrier » Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:07 pm

I discovered them after seeing their Blood Red Sandman video. I went straight out and got The Monster Show and they rock my world so much!

What about you?
╔╗╔═╦╗
║╚╣║║╚╗
╚═╩═╩═╝
spazworrier

Postby retitled » Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:12 am

i downloaded a music video of something or other, not quite sure.. but the perosn who ripped it put a very small click of would you love a monster man at the end of it and it said LORDI in the back and i searched google and the rest is history
retitled

Postby zombie_204 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:27 am

It was a random buy and well worth it, gutted I didn't get to download this year to see them! :(
zombie_204

Postby LoKKie » Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:27 am

I was reading a magazine about 80's music,and there was an article about the actual followers of that music.There was a pic of Lordi with Santa Claus and it was written "Lordi scaring Santa Claus" but in a more rude way that I don't know how to translate :P They all looked sooo happy in the picture,Santa Claus too,and I laughed a lot.Some weeks later,I read an interview with Lordi in another magazine,and it definitely made me feel curiosity about their music.I went to their web to know more about them and I fell in love with their music :lol:
LoKKie

Postby Fallen Angel » Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:11 pm

I discovered Lordi through BotB. I had never heard of them before and then when I got with BotB he told me about them and I got listening to them and I fell in love with them... especially Mr. Kita :P... I have been obsessed with them ever since and I think they are amazing. I have told many people about them and one of my mates, from the skate park where I normally hang out with my mates, went to the Download festival and saw them, he said that they where amazing at the gig and he loves them now. I think that Lordi has produced the type of music that will never grow old and will always be the type of music, which people will always listen to, no matter what age they are. I think that if they carry on the way they have been going then they are bound to go far and influence many people in there Music career…

..::Fallen Angel::..
Life is unpredictable, just go along with it
Fallen Angel

Postby Anthalerero » Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:19 pm

I think that Lordi has produced the type of music that will never grow old and will always be the type of music, which people will always listen to, no matter what age they are. I think that if they carry on the way they have been going then they are bound to go far and influence many people in there Music career…

Amen to that.

I discovered Lordi through an article in the german EMP-Magazine about the Monsterman-Single. I saw the pics of that costumes, and loved them immediately. First, I thinked that this isn't music for me (because I'm actually a Trance-DJ... *hides itself*) But out of Curiosity, I bought the Single. And it was well worth it! After I had seen that great Video, I also bought the Get Heavy!-Album, and finally fell in love with the Monstersound...
And now I hope for more luck than in Filderstadt, so that I can finally experience the monsters live!
~ Proud member of the Kalmageddon Order ~

Never let them see behind the mask at all
The icon must never ever fall

*** ALL HAIL THE FREAKS!!! ***
Anthalerero

Postby CylonKing » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:59 pm

I heard an interview on TotalRock with Mr Lordi, and he came across as a really nice bloke. Seemed to love the music he was playing and his English was perfect. He spoke with extreme eloquence and sounded very intelligent. As part of the interview they played Blood Red and Monsterman, and that was that. Went out and bought both albums straight away and they are my new fav band (along with Nightwish). It came at the right time as well as the last 2 GWAR albums have been very poor and I needed a monster fix.

Roll on the new album and hopefully a hatfull of U.K gigs.
CylonKing

Postby Beauty of the beast » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:04 pm

Mine is the same as Retitled's but Lordi and Would You Love A Monsterman was shown at the begining... Thank Lordi I saw that video.

Stay Heavy Monstermaniacs :twisted: .
Getting Heavy Since : 18,09,03
Hell-o I am me, who the Hell are you?
Proud Brother of the Unholy Ghost
Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby Kita's_Desciple » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:24 pm

i discovered them whil watchin the Download Festival 2005
Kita's_Desciple

Postby killthesnowmen » Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:11 pm

Spazzy up there should know. He played a few tracks for me: Blood Red Sandman, Shotgun Divorce and Dynamite Tonight I believe? After this I borrowed his Monster Show album, which I thought was really good, so I allowed my fixation with ebay to take over and bought The Monsterican Dream and Get Heavy which are not available over here.

I have not looked back since.
killthesnowmen

Postby evilkris » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:40 pm

End of last year, the video for Blood Red Sandman was on a dvd free with metal hammer magazine, I watched the video and loved the image and the music :twisted: . I then brought tickets for the Scala show, which was amazing, then managed to get hold of the all the albums. Now I am scarily addicted to Lordi :P
evilkris

Postby Beauty of the beast » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:26 pm

evilkris wrote:Now I am scarily addicted to Lordi :P

Hellcome to my world :twisted: .

Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby Fallen Angel » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:46 pm

Beauty of the beast wrote:
evilkris wrote:Now I am scarily addicted to Lordi :P

Hellcome to my world :twisted: .

And that is the honest truth :lol:... But I think that BotB might be slightly worse because it is all he talks, thinks, dreams and sings about :S quite scary I know. Special :D...

Fallen Angel

Postby Nindalf » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:15 pm

I discovered Lordi thanks to Lokkie. She recommended it in another forum and when I saw a photo of them, I felt curiosity. I watched the videos of the web and heard the albums. And then I thought "They are God" :P
And someday we will find the way...
Nindalf

Postby Lempo » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:31 pm

I discovered Lordi on a Finnish site, um i forget what it was called, but Blood Red Sandman was a nomination for video of the year along with Nemo - Nightwish and some others, as soon as i saw it i was hooked :twisted:
A man dies like a butterfly,
Life burns from the touch of the reaper, all things must pass

...LIFE BUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRNNNNNS
Lempo

Postby SSBarbie » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:45 am

evilkris wrote:End of last year, the video for Blood Red Sandman was on a dvd free with metal hammer magazine

same, metal hammer, sadly. Metal Hammers going downhill but I got the magazine then because of In Flames *I think they were in it somewhere* **I'm am THEE biggest In Flames fan, lol** but my mate text me to tell me to watch the Lordi bit and I fell in love. not with her, but Lordi :P
i'm actually going to make an effort with my sig soon!! :D
SSBarbie

Postby Leopard » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:41 pm

I heard that they will support HammerFall on one show where I was going to go and I don't like when I am on the show and don't know Lyrics so I downloaded their songs and realized that they rock!
Leopard

Postby xZombieDollyx » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:10 am

I can't remember how I heard of lordi. But I'm glad I did. :)
*~:xZo^^Bi3Dol|Yx:~* [[Zo^^bi£Dol|Y=5y^+aX 3RR0R]]
+//51% Artificial\\+
****Haunt Me****
xZombieDollyx

Postby navigatorsghost » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:47 pm

I heard Blood Red Sandman and Devil Is a Loser at a local rock night and found out the name of the band from the DJ. Then I made the mental connection to an interview I'd seen in Terrorizer a while ago, and thought "OMG, they look that cool and they sound THIS good? I need the album!"

Actually, I love finding new music in clubs because you hear it at its best that way: LOUD! :D

Laters,
Rath
navigatorsghost

Postby bad'rain » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:48 pm

my friend sent me weblink with "blood red sandman" video....He said something like "Look ,what a bloody idiots!!!" ...So,ive dowloaded the video....preparing myself for a "LOL of a year" like he said....;)
Offcourse ,my feelings about Lordi were quite different..;) Now i know,that this guy was a bloody idiot...;)
Greets to all Lordi fans!!!
Sorry,for my english.....:)

//Drummin' to the break of dawn....\\
bad'rain

Postby TheHatred » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:58 am

I've just remembered how I found out about Lordi!

I was surfing on Kerrazy Torrents and saw a thread that said something like "Lordi - Monsterican Dream. Monster Metal.", and I thought "Hey, Monster Metal, I bet that's some Godzilla shit", so I downloaded it and had the most pleasant suprise of my life. :D
I love a Monster Man.
TheHatred

Postby Kremsman » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:29 am

I saw them as a pre-Band of Hammefall on the Icebreaker Tour in Oberhausen. Since i stood in the second line (with two small persons in front of me :wink: ) i was hit by the water from Lordi's saw.
Proof:

I am the guy in the second line directly above the left HF Flag ( The photo was taken by Oscar :wink: )
Kremsman

Postby Fallen Angel » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:12 pm

Nice spot at the concert :P , when me and BotB went to see them in concert we got attacked by the water.

I think I have already told you guys how I discovered Lordi.

Fallen Angel

Postby Beauty of the beast » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:46 pm

I'll bet that Hammerfall and Lordi gig was great Kremsman, I would not mind going to see Hammerfall, prety good band.

Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby Kremsman » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:07 pm

Yup it was overwhelming :)
The only thing that could have been better is that Lordi was playing first....
After their performance the other 2 pre-bands (Firewind and Thunderstone) were more or less boring :wink:
I would have preferred hearing 1hour Lordi and then directly Hammerfall instead of half an hour Lordi ( :cry: ) an hour of the other two bands (ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz.......) And then HF ( :shock: )

If you're able to understand german i've got a nice review for you:
http://www.myrevelations.de/cgi-bin/rev ... l_live&143
Kremsman

Next

Return to General discussion