Monsterboard

How did you discover Lordi?

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby MBL » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:09 pm

well i saw lordi on ESC but on that time i didnt like metal rock and all that i was a hiphop fan and i was laughing abaut lordi but after the finall i liked the song and i was browsing and browsing on google but i just found the HRH clip then after a short time i found lordi.org thats when i discoverd the name :P and after that i was browsing again and again and i found more informtion fanpages and so i became a lordifan and i found the best place ever the monsterboard...and i became a hardrockfan and now i hate hiphop (and im glad abaut this)
"GET INTO THE CAR AND DRIVE"
MBL

Postby Alvina » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:05 pm

ESC 2006. My mum shouted that I've got to see that. So I came into the room and there was some monsters on TV. I thought they were cool, and voted for them...
♥ Lordifan since: 20.05.06. ♥
Alvina

Postby judge death » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:17 pm

I heard them before but then i read a newspaper that lordi should be at eurovision i wathced it and when lordi came i turned up the volume on the tv to max and what a show :P since then iám a fan to death!
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby †.Vicky.† » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:33 pm

yea, ESC 2006...
I never heard about Lordi before...
terrible... but anyway, I'm happy I'm a fan now :D
#.I can't live with or without you,,.*
†.Vicky.†

Postby The Thorn » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:25 am

AM I wrong or there used to be another thread dealing with this question? :shock: *tries to remember* cuz I remember telling my great story :wink: lol
By a chance I was looking for some details about In-extermo and found that girl's blog telling her fave bands. I noticed that we had a lot in common, and that I like her taste in music and I have decided to check upon some of them. obviously one of the bands on the list was Lordi. :twisted:
The Thorn

Postby mikroprose » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:59 pm

it must have been during 2004 or '05 i am not sure, accidentally in an online store. (one of the few times i was lucky.) :D
mikroprose

Postby supermonstar13 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:30 pm

I told you that you're not always lucky :wink: :D
T+A
supermonstar13

Postby Ayra-Raven » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:37 pm

My story is quiet funny :wink:

First time I saw Lordi on ESC. I thought "Cool Band!" and I went ahead. Half a year later my friend from school asked me:
- Do you like Horror movies?
- Yeah!
- And do you know Lordi?
- Yes, I heard about them. What`s going on?
- See their videos. They are so scared! I was afraid of coming back alone after thtat!
- Ok.

And later that same evening I sat in front of my PC and i have been watching BRS by 2 hours like... zombie :P And after that you know...
Last edited by Ayra-Raven on Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The biggest treasure is to love and to be loved...
Ayra-Raven

Location: In the melody of shout and silence... / Poland, F16

Postby NiGhtB » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:40 pm

Hello ;)

I discovered Lordi at the ESC, in 2006, and I love them :D
NiGhtB

Postby psyanide » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:44 pm

Ayra-Raven, your post is fine as it is, DO NOT USE COLOURS. Read the rules and guidelines before posting anything here: http://www.bmgfinland.com/lordiforum/vi ... php?t=1600

And also edit your signature to match the rules.
psyanide
Site Admin

Postby Narif » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:47 pm

My friend gave me his mp3 to listen his songs and I heard the Devil is a loser song. At home im looked after Lordi than I discovered it and I sad its great.
Now i love em! :D
Thanks to Halfmetal Alchemist for my avatar and sig
Narif

Postby Electrical » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:37 pm

I read an article about Lordi at the local newspaper and they said that Lordi will try to get to the ESC.
It was end of the 2005 when I read the article and searched some more information about Lordi and now since that, I´m Lordi fan :D
Lordiholic since 10.11.2005 :twisted:
Electrical

Postby comite1040 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:25 pm

:D one web page introduced Lordi in its diary using "You Tube" and it said they did tour in Japan.
first, i didn't have any interest that article because that introduction image was not clear and i haven't seen such a band before. but one day, i tried to click the introduction image and heard "Hard Rock Hallelujah".
first impression about them was "ow, what a funny band. but i like this song." then, i searched their works in "You Tube" and bought their 3rd album "Arockalypse".

so, now...yeah, i'm addicted to them(OwO*
バカで実にサーセンww
comite1040

Postby supermonstar13 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:23 pm

Nice story, comite :D
the best way to get addicted to them: start searching 'bout them 8)
T+A
supermonstar13

Postby MarshaW » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:03 pm

Haha...well, to be honest, a friend from work got me hooked on the band. I owe it to her for introducing them to me.
I wasn't into metal or anything until she was playing their cd one morning. xD

...kinda funny, actually. The first song I heard that captured me was "Devil Is A Loser".
MarshaW

Postby Cheavy » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:30 pm

One early sunday morning or maybe saturday, I don't remember clearly, I ate breakfast with my family. The tv was on, and they showed a program about ESC and which songs it should be in it. It was two weeks before ESC year 2006. I never watched the ESC before, but my mom is a big fan of it so she started to watch it. And I had not a nother choice 'couse I ate with them. But suddenly they showed HRH and Lordi and that song just maked me happy. I can't describe that feeling. But anyway, I'm lazy, so I didn't cared to search about them on Youtube. But thanks god that we should on a study trip with my class and the bus travel was very long and my friend had her freestyle with her. And I asked what she listened to, and she said Lordi. So she let me listen to Supermonstars and devil is a loser. I didn't heard something 'cause we were in the bus, But I got curious. And when I came home I found Lordi's website and was hooked xp. A year later I found MB ( So damn hard to find MB, I found it by accident..) and now I'm here and I'm a big Lordi fan.
Cheavy

how i discovered Lordi

Postby chinchaysuyo » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:10 pm

I was in my computer and i saw a clip of the movie see no evil with kane and i took a look at it and it had the song Blood Red Sandman and i was like this song rocks i loved it then i started to hear all of thier songs and now i love then best band ever :D
chinchaysuyo

Postby Dungeon Keeper » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:00 pm

I have Kefka from Final Fantasy 6 to thank for introducing me to Lordi. Someone had made an FMV dedicated to the character and used Hard Rock Hallelujah for the music. Its a weird combination but if it helped me find Lordi, I'm happy.
Dungeon Keeper

Postby S92 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:29 pm

A couple of days before Eurovision my Dad told me about a band from Finland who were entering Eurovision, and some people had tried to ban them because they dressed as monsters. So, I watched Eurovision a couple of days later on the 20th of May and I waited for Finland. I told some of my friends to watch the Finnish entry because I loved Finland even before I heard of Lordi. Then when they came on they absolutely blew me away and I was hooked straight away (like alot of people here). I came straight on my computer and downloaded Hard Rock Hallelujah and learnt the chorus in time to jump around and sing along when they won.

I can remember watching the results and we (The UK) actually gave them 12 points, which I never thought would happen!

Then the next day in school, me and my friend snuck out of class just to listen to HRH.. :P

Ahh, good memories..

S92
"Is that you, Roberto?"
S92

Postby rockwoman » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:47 pm

The first time I saw them was on Eurovision 2006.
rockwoman

Postby Prudance » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:08 pm

S92 wrote:A couple of days before Eurovision my Dad told me about a band from Finland who were entering Eurovision, and some people had tried to ban them because they dressed as monsters.

Well it's was nearly the same here.
I heard about a finish group that many had discussion or debate on (days before ESC) one the net, newspaper and tv
I like Lordi just looking at a photo. And when you listened to their songs I were simply charmed and have been for a time now.
Prudance

Postby _eesti999_ » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:59 am

I am Lordi fan since when they won Eurovision 2006 :P Before that (even 2 minutes before) I didn't care them at all.
Strange or what...
_eesti999_

Discovering Lordi

Postby Rnbdesigners » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:28 am

I was in my computer when i was seeing a tribute of see no evil and i heard the song Blood red sandman and i was like this is a great song i love it so i saw the original video with Lordi and it became my favorite song then i was listeening other songs of Lordi and by then Lordi became my favorite
Rnbdesigners

Postby Loggotha » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:39 pm

A friend of mine brought me the 'Would you love a monsterman?' single way back in 2002 because she knew I was a huge fan of show rock.

The moment she pushed the play -button on the Windows media player, I was sold; EVERYTHING about Lordi hit me like a ravenous pack of wolves. The songs quite literally rock the hell out of you and the visual side of the band is like KISS in the haunting world of H.P. Lovecraft.

I didn't see the band live until 2004 on their first show in Rovaniemi, but at least I got one of the limited print t-shirts they gave out there.
Loggotha

Postby jest_the_tainted » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:41 pm

ah.. i think it was at my friends birthday party.. it was full of all these preppy kids and they were blaring rap and one of my friends went up to the dj and .. i think asked them to play Get Heavy.. then i saw and met them at ozzfest o7' and got hooked sunk and realed in. i still cant get over how amazing they are =]
True Gods Wear Masks
jos näet sen mielesi sinun pidä sitä kädessäsi
"raise hell in heaven"-L
jest_the_tainted

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion