Monsterboard

How did you discover Lordi?

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

How I discovered Lordi?

Postby myblueworks » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:14 pm

I was in my computer in youtube and there was A tribute for the movie See No Evil. So I took a look and there were giving the song Blood Red Sandman. I loved it so I saw the video for it and that's how I discovered Lordi.
myblueworks

Postby MrsSmith » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:02 pm

:D Glad to say I found Lordi through Youtube, To paint a picture; Youtube lots of beer & lookig for 80's metal bands. we were on the net for about 6 hrs & had a great time/laugh, when we found lordi we were hooked went out next day a brought "the arckalypse specials edidtion", I now have the family loving them.....all I say is spread the word!!!
MrsSmith

Postby Metal Reaper » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:36 am

i forget how exactly i heard about them, but i decided to look up a video of their's on youtube one day. first one i saw was Would You Love A Monsterman? and after that i had to check out more of their stuff. been a fan ever since.
-would you love a monsterman
could you understand beauty of the beast?
-proud member of the Lordi Cult
Metal Reaper

Postby Doomality » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:49 am

I discovered them on my friend's iPod. I didn't tell her but I fell deep in love with their song "Hard Rock Hallelujah", and so I looked them up more and that's how it all started.
Doomality

Postby LostInTheStable » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:56 pm

I saw the "blood red sandman" vid. about 1 year before esc and thaugt they were great, but I didn't found out more about them.
Then, after esc, my sister got "arockalypse" and a consert DVD.
She didn't Like it ( ??????? o.O ) that much so i stole them from her :twisted: and got like... CRAZY about them! That's my cute little story... ;p
The World Is A Joke! Me, I'm Just Having Fun!
LostInTheStable

Postby Music4life » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:33 pm

I first heard of lordi when i was in holiday in Turkey, they came on in a music channel singing "Hard rock hallellujah" from then on i liked them
Music4life

Postby snowinhell » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:40 pm

When my mum heard them the first time (Eurovision), she came to me and said I would like them. So I started to listen their music on the internet. The first CD I bought was The Arockalypse, a few weeks later I ordered Get Heavy & The Monstershow. And a few months after those two CD's I bought The Monsterican Dream.
snowinhell

Postby Deadly Kid » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:38 am

I discovered Lordi from Eurovision...

I was scarried and I hated from Lordi :oops:

But next times I liked Lordi and I'm a big Lordi fan right now :D
Deadly Kid

Postby sakura88 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:16 am

I actually found Lordi through a friend of mine. He was on youtube and had been looking up the screamo version of solja boy and found that some one had put the solja boy music to a strange looking music video. Well, he ended up looking up the video and it just so happened to be Lordi's "Would You Love A Monsterman?" video!! He posted the real video and song on his blog along with the lyrics that same day. I went to his blog and saw the post but didn't listen to the music or anything! Finally, one day when I was bored I listened to it and realized that I actually liked it! From then on out I haven't been able to stop listening to Lordi! :D
~
It's time to Get Heavy in this Monsterican Dream, because the Arockalypse is coming and you don't have time to get a Deadache!!
~
sakura88

Postby MonstersOfRock4Ever » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:38 pm

I discovered Lordi when I was watching Eurovision. I adored them immediately! After that, my friend (supermonstar13) gave me a CD with the songs of the Arockalypse and I really loved the wonderful music of monsters of rock! From this day, Lordi is my favourite music group and I am a monstermaniac now :twisted:
Hell's already here if we are living to die!
MonstersOfRock4Ever

Postby Royboy94 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:39 pm

I saw them first at Eurovision songfestival 2006 and in no time i watched some clips bought a shirt and a cd (The arockalypse) and downloaded all their other albums :D
Royboy94

Postby Kzark » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:39 pm

Shortly after the release of Monsterican Dream, a friend in High School introduced me to them. I was (and still am) a huge fan of both classic Heavy Metal and Power Metal. Plus, my love affair with B-movies and costumed bands seemed to add to his reasons for introducing me to them. (it was kind of a reward for me showing him ManOwaR)

I listened to "Devil is a Loser" and fell in love instantly. I went on to listen to the entire "Get Heavy" album and decided that it was the best album of the decade at that point. It kind of went from there.

Now I'm addicted, to the point that I listen to Lordi's music more than any other band's, save for Iron Maiden. And Maiden only gets more time because they've released significantly more albums.

I can't wait for Deadache's release, and after the godliness of "The Arockalypse" (my favorite album released in the past two decades) my hopes are very high. Plus, this will be the second album that I didn't have to pay ridiculous amounts of money to import.

Here's to hoping that Lordi comes to my area again, as I missed them last time.
Currently Listening to: Deadache
Currently Reading: The Divine Comedy
Currently Playing: Fable 2
Kzark

Postby jest_the_tainted » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:54 pm

at a party. there was 4 other metalheads and myself at this wiked prep/jock/ annoying fukers party..... so one of them, Buzzi, went up to the dj and gave him a cd. they put it in, and it was Get Heavy - at the time i had no idea what it was, but we started a moshpit and all hell broke loose. Soon later they told me about the band and I was so fuckin on to them like a fat kid on a chocolate filled and frosted cupcake. :D
about a year or so later i was at ozzfest and was buying the cd, when the FYE guy told me that if i bough the Aroc. cd i'd get to meet them! So ov course i did, i met them 4 hours later, although i missed most of their set so i could get inline to meet them.
me and mr.lordi:
http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g309/ ... ordime.jpg
True Gods Wear Masks
jos näet sen mielesi sinun pidä sitä kädessäsi
"raise hell in heaven"-L
jest_the_tainted

Postby Ramm91 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:30 pm

switched on scuzz tv and caught the end of BRS

thought it looked cool and sounded heavy, but then i forgot the name of the band lol...............................

then as luck would have it, a free dvd with metal hammer or something like that had the BRS video and there began the adventure!

:D

P.S. Before Eurovision!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ramm91

Postby anushka » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:40 pm

I was watching music channel Viva TV and there were playing video "Devil is a loser". I don´t when was it but before ESC :wink:
"Hella's Forsaken Dolls Team"
anushka

Location: In Monsterland with my only one egyptian god ^^// Czech rep., F28

how I discovered Lordi?

Postby thephenom » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:36 am

One day I was just searching stuff and I saw a see no evil tribute video. See no evil is a horror film, so I whatched the tribute video in youtube and in the backround it was blood red sandman playing. I was listining to it and I loved it. I started hearing more songs of Lordi WYLAM and It snows in hell. After that Lordi was my favorite.
thephenom

Postby Demonster » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:42 pm

It was when I saw them on eurovision song contest.
But I had theirs earlier albums given by my cousin in 2003.
But how I was and still am very religious and cause I was terrible bad with english cause of terir look made me taught they are damn satanists and I didn't want to listen them, but how years passed by my english improved I saw them on eurovision with HRH I voted several hundred times my father were going insane I remembered I got their albums, somewhere...and there was among all others the most anti-satanic song devil Is A Loser so then it all begun, my monster-life...
Breathing fire, spitting blood
Biting off the heads of bats and doves
Dragon boot and guillotines
That´s what I want to see....
Demonster

Postby sven » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:08 am

i discovered them on ESC. god thak you :!: :!: :!: :!:
sven

Postby Gohu » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:09 am

Like me ! :D
Gohu

Postby Berghani » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:38 pm

I started to hear them in 2005.I saw them on the net and thought to myself:"What the hell is this!?" But when i began to listen to them i realized that they truly rocked.I've always liked the style of 1980 and 90 rock so i started to love lordi.I thought i heard Blood red sandman first and decided i should buy The monsterican dream and Get heavy and those records blew me away.It sounded familiar but in some way totally different.I loved it,still do!!
Sigh... only if I had anything of importance to write here.
Berghani

Postby Nilian » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:46 pm

My sister watched eurovision in 2006 and few months later she played me hardrock halellujah. I realized taht I liked it and I heard rest of the album. :-D I also saw viedoclip for hardrock halellujah. And that's all. :) They are the first heavy metal band that i really enjoyed and since that I have been listening metal :)

And I finally will see them live!

But I think taht new album sounds a bit differently that other.
Nilian

Postby guitarguy40 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:48 am

typed in Finnish hard rock when i found out that night wish was Finnish and found lordi first song i heard was hard rock hallelujah and i fell into the monsterican dream
when life hands u a lemon, make rockandroll
guitarguy40

Postby ginacartoon » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:20 am

Lordi caught my attention on Eurovision (about the news saying that they were evil and such) so i waited for them to come on and I liked them (and it was the first time i watched Eurovision thanks to them) then remembered them a few months ago and then i was in love with their muisc XD
ginacartoon

Postby children of the night » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:40 am

Im half greek so one day me and my friend are sitting down watching greek tv at my grandmothers house, and a show about eurovision comes on with lordi playing Hard Rock Hallelujah, so we go to a computer and download Blood Red Sandman and the Chainsaw Buffet and realized that lordi is the best band EVER!!
THE MAD BUTCHER GOES BUMP IN THE NIGHT
AND LONELINESS
IT MAKES NIGHTS ENDLESS
children of the night

Postby Black Lady » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:15 pm

I think it was shortly after Awa joined i became a fan.I was looking up random things on the internet and came across this headline:
"Vampire Countess joins horror Finnish Rock Band"
So i clicked on the page and Lordi came up and i listened to a few of their songs and that was it really.
The hardest decisions in life reap the biggest benefits. :) -Nikki Sixx
Black Lady

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion