Monsterboard

How did you discover Lordi?

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Mooneyman » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:21 pm

Ginacartoon. :lol: That's it really. :P
Mooneyman

Postby The_Ghost » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:41 am

Hell-o! :) I discovered Lordi at Eurovision 2006 when they won!They made me listen to rock,hard-rock music!for the first time i found Hard rock Hallelujah song so weird and i didn't really like them,but 1 day after that show i took Hard Rock Hallelujah song,i listened to it and LOVED IT!..I found for another Lordi songs like WYLAM and Blood red Sandman..I LIKED THEM!!And slow,slow i became a big fan as i'm right now.
Honey,honey
Let me hug you like a spider!
Honey,honey,
Let me be the Evilove!
Honey,honey,
Let me kiss you like a viper,
Open up your heart,
Take my EVILOVE!
The_Ghost

Postby michaelE52002 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:18 pm

I already posted about this in my intro so...long story short....Hard Rock Hallelujah on Youtube.
michaelE52002

Postby monster girl » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:24 pm

:) youtube

was searching random horror things (I was a strange 12 year old :lol: ) and accidentally found a lordi video! I cant remember which one it was, but instantly fell in love with them! I kinda forgot about them for a while, but the obsession was still rooted in there (I did a project in school a few months later, and named it after them) and this was just before eurovision! Admittedly, I didnt become as obsessed as i am until after the eurovision though....that kinda reminded me of them :lol:
Last edited by monster girl on Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks Gohu!
monster girl

Postby gamerguyz28 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:15 am

I discovered Lordi at 3 in the morning I was playing World of Warcraft when my friend told me to listen to Blood Red Sandman and it's been nothing but Lordi ever since.
gamerguyz28

Postby Joana » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:14 pm

I saw the "Devil is a loser"-clip on a German music channel on TV, some years ago and liked their music ever since. But I didn't get really fanatic about them before fall 2006.
"Please tell me I'm not dreaming!"- "Yes, you are dreaming!"
My dream came true on January 30th 2009
Joana

Postby miss_brutality » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:43 pm

I saw the Hard Rock Hallelujah video ot Mtv and I downloaded the song. It was actually the first metal song i liked :D but definitely not the last 8)
miss_brutality

How I discovered Lordi.....

Postby akuma_shin » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:52 pm

My friend from finland sent me Would You Love a Monsterman song as birthday present . I loved it so much and wanted to find out more about this band . I went straight to wikipedia and when I saw the photo I said : OMG how come these satanists can sing such a beautiful song ?
Then I've seen the Hard Rock Hallelujah video and got convinced that Lordi are on our side . I was happy cos of this and kept searching trough Lordi songs untill I became the Lordi fan I'm now :)
All that hate , I should've hated more .
Yes , I am the Black Death !
A Death dosen't die !
akuma_shin

Postby Evylin » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:58 pm

The first time I heard about Lordi was during Eurovision...when I saw them I was like "What's that?" but a second later I was already in love, though I actually only became a huge Lordi fan like a year and a half ago when I decided to go look for some more information about them :roll:
Evylin

Postby Miss Charlene » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:32 pm

the first time i heard about them was when they won the eurovision contest. i don't watch it, but a friend told me about 'that song' and that it's so cool. she showed me on her mobile - i found the song just horrible. i didn't think that it was maybe because of the poor quality of mobilephone-songs. :oops:

after a while i heard the song again, can't remember anymore where that was. i thought that it was acutally pretty good and instantly liked it then, i just hadn't got the time to read up on the band back then.

after some months again, another friend asked me if i knew a band called lordi, because they were incredibly good. i finally learned about them, fell in love with their music and now i'm one big fan. always liked monsters, since i was little. ^^v
Miss Charlene

Postby Illidan » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:47 pm

I have discoverd from my best friend. In 2007 I quess ... Yeah and he puted to me the video Blood Red Sandman on Youtube. And I have listened more Lordi songs and etc.
please read the rules about image sizes.
Illidan

Postby ComeUntoSweetDeath » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:12 pm

I saw the movie Dark Floors and the end credits came on and i was listening for like maybe 3 seconds and i loved it! They grew on me VERY fast
ComeUntoSweetDeath

Postby Nevershowtherealface » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:42 pm

Eurovision 2006...
I loved them, especially Awa :)

-Nevershowyourrealfaces :twisted: -
Awaaaa! You're my IDOL!
Nevershowtherealface

Postby Squilly » Wed May 20, 2009 1:41 pm

Mooneyman got me into lordi around 7 months ago now and in that 7 months we went to the Sheffield Gig which was awesome!!!! :D

Thats it, Mooneyman :lol:
Squilly

Postby judge death » Wed May 20, 2009 2:47 pm

Squilly wrote:Mooneyman got me into lordi around 7 months ago now and in that 7 months we went to the Sheffield Gig which was awesome!!!! :D

Great to see that older Lordi fans finds some new ones. :D
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby Something Bad Is Coming.. » Tue May 26, 2009 1:38 am

In all honesty it was Eurovision. I am a massive ice hockey fan and it was on our countries forum about Finland's entry and the stir it had caused. The first song I heard was Blood Red Sandman and I was hooked!
Something Bad Is Coming..

Postby backstabmyass » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:55 pm

I was searching for "balanar music videos" on youtube and stumbled upon the ownage vid of balanar with blood red sandman as background music.
Balanar is a favorite hero of mine in DotA :P
backstabmyass

Postby Mooneyman » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:25 pm

judge death wrote:
Squilly wrote:Mooneyman got me into lordi around 7 months ago now and in that 7 months we went to the Sheffield Gig which was awesome!!!! :D

Great to see that older Lordi fans finds some new ones. :D

Hehe, I've got a little league of about 5 people who I got into them. I'm just too persuasive. :wink: :lol:
Mooneyman

Postby Vilce » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:22 pm

Guys from my class gave me one of their albums with a quote: ''If you like Rammstein and Kiss, listen to these guys!'' to listen to and that was in, I belive, the 5th or the 6th grade, about 5 years before the ESC 2006, I still have no idea, how had they got their hands on that CD, because at that time almost noone in Latvia had heard about Lordi...
Vilce

Postby _SYNDICATE_ » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:12 am

5 years before ESC 2006, so it was 2001 and Get Heavy came out in 2002.Am I counting badly or are you lying?
_SYNDICATE_

Postby Vilce » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:04 am

Actually, it's me, who is a bad counter then. Then it was on 2002 (I don't even remember my own birthday's date :lol: ). I only remember it was some years before the ESC 2006 :P Besides - CAN'T YOU READ?! I said ''about five years before'' and not exactly on that time. Any more questions, huh?! ( Edited: ... I'm sorry for that ''yelling'' :oops: I can sometimes be easily brought to boiling by small and insignificant phrases...)
Vilce

Postby Sooophie » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:11 pm

Around december 2008 randomly on youtube because I was looking for some metal bands to recommend to my little brother :D
Last edited by Sooophie on Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sooophie

Postby Prince_Nuada » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:15 am

I remeber it was some kind of (I think) video game award because teniouse D was performing a this big monster liking guy just told their and I kept my eye on him as soon as they were done out comes this monster like group and I don't know what they were singing b/c My mouth dropped on their outfit. Forgot them and on tv they had Hard rock Hallelujah Live in finland and I said "Yes theirs my monstergroup"this guys can make a horror video game of themselves and I would so buy it
I have returned from exile to wage war and reclaim our land, our birthright! And for that I will call upon the help of all my people and they will answer. The good, the bad... ... and the worst
Prince_Nuada

Postby lovely_bella » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:55 am

I saw would you love a monsterman on youtube, and i loved them and it after i saw it.
am haunting you
lovely_bella

Postby Dark Night » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:05 pm

My friend was talking about Lordi and someday I watched the video "Blood Red Sadman" . I thought " Wow, these costumes are amazing ! This music is great ! " :)
Dark Night

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion