Monsterboard

How did you discover Lordi?

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Milred Sandman » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:36 pm

Rubenlink wrote:
Electrical wrote:
Dr. Sin wrote:
AAore wrote:
Mooneyman wrote:
Venom-Crawler wrote:
miss_brutality wrote:
PEML94 wrote:
Surma wrote:BTW Lordi made me start to listen to Metal, so they are kinda my heroes :D

Same here! :D

That makes 3 of us :D

Nope, that makes 4 of us! :P

Nope, five. :wink:

NO WAY FOLKS! :evil: It's six of us :wink: :D

Should I now say seven? :twisted:

Make it 8 :wink:

Wrong: 9!
I should say this too: Lordi made me start listen to music. Previously i listened to the radio. That's it :lol: And some stupid bands that where popular for 3 months... :oops:
Last edited by Milred Sandman on Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Milred Sandman

Postby Hellbull_Clan » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:51 am

On tv watching some video game award they were the last performer and they had my attention from then after that I wanted to hear more so my first album Was Get Heavy and I kept wondering where's the cool looking deadbull and the black haired woman but I liked the monster's Kalma outfit I thought he was the axe murderer from Night of the creeps.
Hellbull_Clan

Postby Jullie » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:10 pm

Well, my dad was the one who discovered and then showed me them. I was only 7 years old, so I guess I sad sth like "Monsters! Cool!" :wink: Then I heard WYLAM and I fell in love with a monsterman <3
Jullie

Postby Michalzag1 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:28 am

Well, I found out about lordi from a good friend of mine. His name is Michael you may know him as nightmare hell wings a moderator. :twisted:
Michalzag1

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:33 am

Michalzag1 wrote:Well, I found out about lordi from a good friend of mine. His name is Michael you may know him as nightmare hell wings a moderator. :twisted:

I take all credit for this, I do :lol:
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby tokorev » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:52 am

Threw Gwar Actually, i use to Hate Lordi with a passion, Because i judged them before i even listened to them. Then i listened to Blood Red Sandman and fell inlove, Now their my favorite band, i have Every album, 4 tshirts and hope to see them this year if they come to America
“Create the band that you would like to see on stage. Write the songs you’d love to sing along to. That’s pretty much all that we love to do.”

Mr Lordi
tokorev

Postby Good To Be Bad Girl » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:34 pm

tokorev wrote:Threw Gwar Actually, i use to Hate Lordi with a passion, Because i judged them before i even listened to them. Then i listened to Blood Red Sandman and fell inlove, Now their my favorite band, i have Every album, 4 tshirts and hope to see them this year if they come to America

Right now you represent every Gwar and Lordi fan out there! ;)
I wish more Gwar fans were like you! Stay Heavy!
|Otus Vampire Trio| and |The Awesome Threesome| <3
Miss Banana Norway 2010 <3 || Trapped Bird, my monster-padawan! \,,/
Good To Be Bad Girl

Postby Jinna » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:50 pm

I found Lordi after eurovision 2006, when they were playing at market square, Helsinki. I was watching it from tv and actually hated Bringing Back The Balls To Rock.. but when Blood Red Sandman started, I was like "wow this song is awesome". I wanted to know more about Lordi, heard other songs and fell in love, totally. :D
There's no escape because the haunt is on
Jinna

Postby Milred Sandman » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:56 pm

Well , the first time i ever saw Lordi was in the Eurovision 2006. And when i saw them play i .... well there is no word to describe it:D...since then i have listened to Lordi almost every day :)

''My Monsters Keep Me Company''
Milred Sandman

Postby King » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:58 pm

I found out about Lordi in 2003 and liked them all the way through 2005, but in the autumn 2005 I became a real monstermaniac.
I'm the carnivore Rex sinking fangs in your flesh!
King

Postby Blitz » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:11 pm

I was actually listening to a Hammerfall song on Youtube and Hard Rock Hallelujah was a related video. I saw the thumbnail and was like, "Oh, this band looks pretty awesome -clicky- THIS IS SO MUCH WIN!!!!"
Blitz

Postby -HellSha- » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:41 am

I discovered Lordi when I was searching for good music :)
It's a friend who told me about this group. Since that, I mutated in a naughty Lordi girl :lol:
Red drops stain satin so white, the way I sign my name...
HellSha
-HellSha-

Postby tokorev » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:41 am

Good To Be Bad Girl wrote:
tokorev wrote:Threw Gwar Actually, i use to Hate Lordi with a passion, Because i judged them before i even listened to them. Then i listened to Blood Red Sandman and fell inlove, Now their my favorite band, i have Every album, 4 tshirts and hope to see them this year if they come to America

Right now you represent every Gwar and Lordi fan out there! ;)
I wish more Gwar fans were like you! Stay Heavy!

Thanks man! Unlike most people. i like both bands! I have every Lordi album. But i plan to see Gwar live on their next tour!
“Create the band that you would like to see on stage. Write the songs you’d love to sing along to. That’s pretty much all that we love to do.”

Mr Lordi
tokorev

Postby erin80 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:15 pm

I found them out thru dark floors lol. at walmart of all places lol. i buy horror movies all the time without knowing anything about them. i"ll read the back of the movie case and if it sounds good i buy it that's how my horror movie collection keeps growing. anyway i started watching and i noticed all these Finnish names didn't think much of it. when i checked thru the special features the 1st song/video i saw/heard was wylamm from there i was hooked. i checked every music store in town with no luck so i had to go online to get most of the albums. i did find 2 at a book store in the next county but yea that's my story lol they took some getting used to when i 1st saw them lol. just want to say kiitos finland for another kick ass band \mm/.
erin80

Postby Erina » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:28 pm

ESC2006 (first year I watched the whole thing). At first I didn't even wanna know about Lordi, I was so sure they would lose (like all Finns had) and my little sister said she had seen the video of HRH and when she started to tell what happened in it I was screaming "I don't wanna know, I don't wanna know!" Then I anyway watched the final with her, my mom and our friends (Dad was asleep). What can I say? It was love at first sight (especially with Amen - love that's lasted soon for five years).

It was really kind of fun. At some point I, my sister and our friends went to our room since we were tired and were off to sleep. At some point I shouted, "Oh gods, I can't just stay not knowing! We're gonna watch them giving points." We switched on the TV in our room and started to watch. At some point Jaana Pelkonen shouted, "Get up and shout 'We did it'!" We had to do it twice since the brother of my BFF didn't get up. Oh, it was one of the most wonderful nights in my life (other being my first Lordi gig).

And, well, my love for Lordi has lasted soon for five years. Gods, it feels like it's been a lot longer time.

And when I saw HRH music video for the first time I stared at it in awe - and then I said to my sister, "What the hell were you talking about? It wasn't scary at all!"
latua oon lesbo
Erina

Postby Crazeegamer » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:08 am

The 2008 episode of Conan o Brien where he had lordi on and they played Bite it like a Bulldog. I was saying "wow this is pretty freaking good"..

:D
Crazeegamer

Postby judge death » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:43 am

Crazeegamer wrote:The 2008 episode of Conan o Brien where he had lordi on and they played Bite it like a Bulldog. I was saying "wow this is pretty freaking good"..

:D

Nice to see it made some fans to discover Lordi there. :D
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby Mr__Killjoy » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:11 pm

Well I was watching a video then I heard their song "Biomechanic Man". Searched it then found it and I liked it. Then saw "Fire in the hole" and then listened to more and more until I'm a fan.
Mr__Killjoy

Postby Candy_Bra_Canadian » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:47 am

Accidentally.

I was at my friend Lauren's b/c she had made cinnamon buns, and she's no metalhead or rocker by any means, but she had a friend from England over. We were talking about Eurovision (I had not known what it was before 2009 to be honest) when Lauren said, "Hey Carmen, you might like this band."

Lauren played the opening video for Eurovision 2007:
"Hard Rock Hallejuah" - Lordi

Dead on. From the first chord, I was addicted.

I've quit certain artists and drugs before, but with Lordi, not a day goes by where I don't hear them. I'm not exaggerating either. My morning alarm is, "It Snows In Hell."
Less isn't more; less is less. The more the better; the most the BEST!
Candy_Bra_Canadian

Re:

Postby Milred Sandman » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:45 pm

to make my other post better..

My dad actually ''discovered'' them for me in February 2006 and he told that this year there would be a rock band called LORDI in ESC, and that they wear masks.. And ofcourse I had to see them on tv , and then it was ''Hate'' At first sight! 8)

what masks??

''My Monsters Keep Me Company''
Milred Sandman

Re: How did you discover Lordi?

Postby Megrimmtroll » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:22 pm

I discovered Lordi from an interview in Terrorizer Magazine from February 2005, and I became interested in them from that point onwards. And from live reviews as well. :)
"Or it might be the wrong squirrel"
Megrimmtroll

Postby tsark » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:04 pm

I first heard of them through an alternative magazine called Bizarre, then of course Eurovision popped up and I thought 'cool...moving on' Then this year I spotted them on Youtube and thought 'You know what? I should really listen to some of these songs' Ten hours of continuous listening later = "Must...have...more....so amazing! ..can't..form..coherent...sentences!!!"
tsark

Postby AnZa The Great » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:53 pm

Okay, I saw Eurovisions 2006. I asked to my mom that are they real monster. My mom said that no. They are people and they have monster mask and costume.
I thought that it is interesting. One day monsters are the best thing in the world.
I scared Lordi's musicvideos because they "killed" people.
One year I ended to listen it. I think that I am living Dead Lordi fan :-)

Lordi is the best band forever! :twisted:
Rest In Peace Otus and Rest In Peace The Rev
This is Heavy Metal !!!
Elämä ei ole mitään ilman hevi metallia \,,/
AnZa The Great

Postby SUMA » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:42 pm

Eurovision.
I said, they will see my family first. :mrgreen:
LOVE ME BACK
SUMA

Postby kruegerguy » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:16 pm

I discovered them shortly after Deadaches release in 2008, one of my friends came up to me and asked me if I liked "shock rock", he gave me a list of bands I haven't heard of (I didn't listen to much music, especially anything after the 80's) on that list were a few Lordi songs, I listened to Bloodred Sandman, and then just kept listening to more Lordi songs and doing some research on the band finding out all the things I missed. I have been a fan ever since.
A lot of people claim that stupid people annoy them, not me. I find them amusing.Image
kruegerguy

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion