Monsterboard

How did you discover Lordi?

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Re: How did you discover Lordi?

Postby LuciadeSiracusa » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:46 am

I heard them the first time in 2003 :D .
I was much younger. I came home from swimming lessons and is the father of a friend that brought me back. In the car, he had a song that had marked me: it was ''Devil Is A Loser''.
This isn't my favorite song but I still have a little something with it : never forget first time !
For cons, I was MILES away from thinking that the band members were really monsters. I listened to that music, I wasn't invested more than that.
Imagine my head the first time I saw them :shock: (SURPRISE) :lol: .
In short, fan since 2003 :wink:
LuciadeSiracusa

Postby Monsterlady38 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:28 pm

Actually I did not discover Lordi until the beginning of this year! One of my friends who was a total horror fan showed me the "Would you Love a Monsterman" music video from 2006 and I loved the song and the video! The monsters the most! So I bought the song off iTunes and then later on I discovered the song Hard Rock Hallelujah (which is now btw my favourite Lordi song) and bought that off iTunes too. Then I fell head over heels for the band so quickly and then Mr. Lordi became my favourite monster! :oops:

Now I have five Lordi albums and I'm pretty happy about it :mrgreen:
Last edited by Monsterlady38 on Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Honey honey lemme hug you like a spider, honey honey lemme give you evil love
Honey honey lemme kiss you like a viper, open up your heart, receive my evil love"

Blog | Instagram | FB | Lordi Army NA
Monsterlady38

Postby Missing Miss Cali » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:03 pm

I knew about Lordi from the 2006 Eurovision. I only became a fan since the 2012 Eurovision where Mr. Lordi appeared...I remember watching the 2006 Euro and how Rosalie (a user on this. She was six or seven then) was getting overexcited about Lordi and wouldn't stop going on about the 'Big Monsters' :roll:
Now six years later I can't stop going on about the 'Big Monsters' :mrgreen: :lol:
And I wish you well in hell
Missing Miss Cali

Postby MonsterMonster21 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:40 pm

I discovered lordi about when i was 11 accidentally :oops: I was watching a music channel after everyone had gone to bed and they played blood red sandman and at first i didn't listen :lol: but then i started to pay attention and found myself really enjoying the song so the next day i went on you tube and that's how my love for them began.now 3 years later my love for them has grown and now i get to see them :D

I regret nothing :mrgreen:
It was hate at first sight for us darling,The lady and the tramp rabid and snarling,
Awkward lovers and charmers worth mauling,It's a match made in hell, cupid's squalling
MonsterMonster21

Postby Police Line Do Not Cross » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:00 am

I saw Would You Love a Monsterman? music video in TV back in 2002. Then dad bought me Get Heavy :) The rest is history :lol:
Police Line Do Not Cross

Postby Ghostrider93 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:43 pm

I discovered Lordi in 2009, not with one of their videos, but with the movie Dark Floors.
I zapped on television, and on a chain, the film was about to start and I had never heard about, and being very curious, I watched, and finally, I loved it, especially the monsters. I also loved the song for the end credits: Beast Loose in Paradise.
After, I had been researching the film, on the internet and I've found out that monsters were a metal band called Lordi. Even more intrigued, I looked for Lordi on youtube, and this is how I hear the music video "Hard Rock Hallelujah", and at this moment, it was the turning point for me. I started to listen to many songs, looking for pictures and information about them and their career, and I became a fan. It was shortly after I had my crush on Awa, and has she is become my favorite.

And yes, if I discovered Lordi, it's by chance and thanks to my curiosity.
Be yourself! Do not be ashamed to show what you like, and do not be ashamed to admit that you are different.
Ghostrider93

Postby korovnikovd » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:48 pm

In the beginning of 2012 when I read that a former drummer of To/Die/For passed away. That's how it was.
korovnikovd

Postby Jere S » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:10 am

-
Last edited by Jere S on Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jere S

Postby Maddy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:39 pm

Oh dear, I can't believe that I haven't posted anything in this topic by now.. :lol:

But anyway, I also got into them in 2006, because of the ESC.
That day really changed my entire life and I'm still so thankful for this moment! <3
And I'm also one of those persons who started to listen to Metal because of them. :)
Sacred and Wild.

Postby Kitawa » Fri May 22, 2015 6:58 pm

I first saw them on a magazine and Finnish tv when I was a teenager and they had just published the WYLAM video. Back then I didn't understand the band at all. As for how did I discover they are nice fellas and a seriously good band was when I was watching the Eurovision finals back in 2006 and I saw Kita showing little paper signs to camera he had written every time Finland got 12 points. I somehow connected with the band at that moment and started to like them.
I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13
Kitawa

Postby MarianneAgrat » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:23 pm

It was in 2006, I was 6... My brother had found, on Youtube, a video of the Eurovision. And I was totally scared but a few days after, I've began to love them really much and this love is more powerful now :lol:

It was the cute story of the day !
MarianneAgrat

Previous

Return to General discussion