Monsterboard

How did you discover Lordi?

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Nonee » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:36 pm

Saw the Blood Red Sandman clip on VH1's Friday Rock or what... need I say more? :)
Fresh blood, a sanguinary feast is all I'm living for, and I crave it more and more...
Nonee

Postby Gildy Hofmann » Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:30 pm

In a friend´s bar, he had the clips on dvd, we automatically felt in love with those monsters. If they play a concert some day in my country I know what friend would be interested in coming with me
Last edited by Gildy Hofmann on Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gildy Hofmann

Location: MARGEN TÓXICA (PORTUGALETE - BISCAY -BASQUE COUNTRY)

Postby Kremsman » Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:36 pm

Yea the Lordi Videos raise a lot of interest - lets just hope they do a cool new one for the Arockalypse 8)
Kremsman

Postby EJ » Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:38 pm

I was on hammerfall when Lordi played.. I got pretty scared when he took up the chainsaw and stuff:P the sound was shit and u couldn't hear what Lordi was singing coz the bass and his voice had the same dark volume..

So it sucked... but after listining to them not live ,they were pretty good and I started to like them.. though I don't like the whole monster thingy
EJ

Postby Lucifer » Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:35 pm

I found an article in Sweden Rock Magazine and decided to give them a shot.

And I’m glad I did.
A resurrected forum pioneer emerging out of the abyss once again.

Or so I heard.
Lucifer

Rundgång!

Postby bmos » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:04 am

I saw them in a TV-show called Rundgång in Sweden...and what can I say...I'm waiting for them to tour Sweden so they can give us back some balls too... :P
bmos

Postby Midian » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:18 pm

I saw articlea about them in three magazines (Heavy, EMP, Blast) ^^
I just thougt "Hey this guys look cool" and i decided to look for songs of them :twisted:
Midian

Postby Lamlam » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:17 pm

I heard Devil is a Loser on a KERRANG! compilation CD, and around that time, I also saw Blood Red Sandman on a Classic Rock magazine DVD. For some bizzare and disurbing reson however, I did not get The Monster Show until christmas!.....Smite me if you must.....
Lamlam

Postby killthesnowmen » Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:53 am

I should smite you right now.
killthesnowmen

Postby Cannibal » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:01 pm

My boyfriend made me listen to them, as soon as I heard Blood Red Sandman I fell in love with the critters :mrgreen:
Cannibal

Postby pvckitten » Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:24 pm

a dj friend of mine got the promo of blood red sandman what seems like an age ago - he said "you like gwar & glam don;t you, these guys look like gwar and play glam you'll love em"

He was right about the me loving them bit. I have been addicted ever since - seeing them st download last year made me very happy.
She wears man skin boots & shes not gonna please you no she's not gonna tease you
pvckitten

Postby Dare Devil » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:41 pm

I've already replied to a similar thread in the German section, but okay... here we go again.

A Belgian friend had introduced me to Lordi about 1-2 years ago. I was a bit suspicious and expected a bloody Gwar ripoff but she assured me that Lordi don't sound like Gwar so I gave it a try. I must say that I was pleasently surprised since I had definetly not expected to hear such a great melodic hardrock sound! Image
Dare Devil

Postby spazworrier » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:03 pm

Not that GWAR are a bad thing. :P

But I much prefer Lordi to GWAR.
╔╗╔═╦╗
║╚╣║║╚╗
╚═╩═╩═╝
spazworrier

Postby Dare Devil » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:09 pm

spazworrier wrote:Not that GWAR are a bad thing. :P

But I much prefer Lordi to GWAR.

I can hear that Gwar are obviously highly talented songwriters and musicians but their music does still NOT give me anything. I know that sounds strange but that's how I feel about them. :?
Dare Devil

Postby spazworrier » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:10 pm

Hey, if that's how you feel about them, then fair enough.

I personally think they're awesome, but the whole "monster-in-a-thong" thing is a bit of a put-off.
╔╗╔═╦╗
║╚╣║║╚╗
╚═╩═╩═╝
spazworrier

Postby Silent » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:08 pm

spazworrier wrote:I personally think they're awesome, but the whole "monster-in-a-thong" thing is a bit of a put-off.

I totally agree with you but, if it was a ˝she-moster-in-a-thong˝,... now that's a totally diferent thong...um...thing :twisted:

Anyway, 2 years ago I was on some EU sponsored project in Budapest, Hungary. 8 countries participated in it, one of them was Finland. The chicks from there brought with them a Lordi CD which they lend me for a couple of days, then I became totally Lordi possesed.
Keep it scary monsters
Silent

Hello

Postby Shadow[GR] » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:39 pm

I discovered Lordi from my father actually..... :lol:
he downloaded the musci video of Hard Rock Hallelujah....
i loved their music ...(love at first sound :P)

Eurovision 2006=Lordi ^^
Shadow[GR]

Postby Mani » Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:46 am

Well one time I download some fans anime clips.On the one,there was some cool music clip in the end.I watch the few second forwards backwards all over again but I didn'y know who was it.Then i discoverd a sign LORDI in the sample clip.So I opened eMule write down "LORDI" and search for videos.The video was "Would You Love A Monsterman".Hell I was happy.
Mani

Postby acid rain » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:55 pm

my cousin said "hey these are the guys which will represent finland at the esc 2006!" and gave me the link to lordi.org, and i was like "wha- whoa!?" and then i saw the masks of the band and said "ahaha the jury is gonna go mad!"

rock on dudes, we need some headbangers on these crappy song contests to show the meaning of real music!
acid rain

Postby Romana » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:47 pm

was watching finnish tv when final 2006 came on! cant believe how much I have missed out on... anyway am sucker 4 Lordi :oops:
Tabitha. Μαιρημου. <333
Romana

Postby Romana » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:27 pm

Fallen Angel wrote: I have been obsessed with them ever since and I think they are amazing. I think that if they carry on the way they have been going then they are bound to go far and influence many people in there Music career…

..::Fallen Angel::..

Yeah I totally agree with you
Tabitha. Μαιρημου. <333
Romana

Postby Demonic » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:01 pm

I found out about Lordi from a friend and I downloaded Would you love a Monster man then downloaded much more songs and loved them..
Demonic

Postby Mist » Mon May 08, 2006 12:47 am

Hi everyone! :D
I descovered Lordi through a friend from another forum, the drop. But I didn't start to really like them after I saw them in esc, with HRH.
So, I got several more songs, and fell totally in love with the band! :mrgreen:
I bang my head to x-rated songs :evil:
Mist

Postby Eythor » Mon May 08, 2006 6:26 pm

hi im new to this and the boards i discoverd Lordi about a month ago when i heard the eurovision song Hard Rock Hallelujah then started listening to stuff like blood red sandman and would you love a monster man and many others
My heaven is your hell
Eythor

Postby spotter5 » Thu May 18, 2006 5:58 pm

i first discovered Lordi when my friend said that the finnish eurovision song was really good. then another friend gave me "hard rock halliujh" (excuse bad spelling) and it was awsome, i went on there website, and listened to there other songs straight away!

i hope they can win the eurovision!! :D
so come with me
don't ask me where
'cos i don't know
spotter5

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion