Monsterboard

What do your parents think about Lordi?

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Re: What do your parents think about Lordi?

Postby Fatal Error » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:46 am

Since the start they've thought I over-fangirl. They don't really like Lordi's music.

//Although they don't hate it either and they usually buy me Lordi stuff (for example) for my birthday if I ask them.
Eerie, empty stares in dead eyes
Fatal Error

Postby Monsterlady38 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:22 pm

No one in my family likes Lordi (and hard rock and heavy metal in general) except me. Every time I start liking a new band (and I mean like it a LOT) my parents think it's taking over my life like they think that with Lordi. I don't care what they think. I just listen to Lordi anyway, I'm so withdrawn that whenever we listen to music on the road I have my headphones in with Lordi blasting because I don't like the music that's playing on the car's radio.

Surprisingly my aunt doesn't mind that I'm in to Lordi. My parents don't like them though, they think Lordi is just a freak band in costumes with distorted music (my dad said the same thing about KISS when I became a fan of them and my brother even said that he would only go to a KISS concert for the show itself and not the music, all I can say to that is "Uh that's ridiculous! You gotta love the music too, otherwise don't go to the show at all!") I don't care what my parents think, but I still hate hearing their opinions. :x
Last edited by Monsterlady38 on Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:18 am, edited 6 times in total.
"Honey honey lemme hug you like a spider, honey honey lemme give you evil love
Honey honey lemme kiss you like a viper, open up your heart, receive my evil love"

Blog | Instagram | FB | Lordi Army NA
Monsterlady38

Postby Missing Miss Cali » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:59 pm

Every last one of my relatives can't stand Lordi. Like my parents (Not that I give a stuff as they couldn't care less about me), siblings, cousins and even distant relatives. Honestly, I'm quite happy being the only one in my family who likes Lordi :)
And I wish you well in hell
Missing Miss Cali

Postby Joni Master » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:40 pm

I allways remebers when I was allowed only use Lordi shirts as pyjama. :lol: And one other memory is that when I had to remove all Lordi stickers off my motorcycle helmet. :cry:

Here is one memory:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c206/ ... Helmet.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c206/ ... elmet4.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c206/ ... elmet3.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c206/ ... elmet2.jpg

The Lordi rider will be back someday, I got still few left those stickers!! :twisted:
Joni Master

Postby Rosalie » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:29 pm

They don't really like them that much, but they tend to roll their eyes whenever I bring the subject up ._.
Last edited by Rosalie on Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey YOU
Yeah, you reading this.
If you ever feel sad then remember you are a fabulous and majestic unicorn-cabbage.
And your face is nice.
And you should smile more because you look amazing when you smile.
Rosalie

Postby MonsterMonster21 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:59 pm

My family hate's them really bad
My mum get's freaked out by amen and all and my dad doesn't like their music
I'm still surprised that my mum agreed to buy tickets and go with me to see them in Manchester next year
Though i do believe that she's gonna get hammered to forget the night
It was hate at first sight for us darling,The lady and the tramp rabid and snarling,
Awkward lovers and charmers worth mauling,It's a match made in hell, cupid's squalling
MonsterMonster21

Postby Miss cherry » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:56 pm

i think i am sure 100 % that they hate them but i don't know whyy :lol: :!:
Miss cherry

Postby pessimistic » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:19 am

With the last album coming out, my parents gave it to me and sat down and told me to listen to it together... I guess I do have a harmful influence on them :twisted:
Don't ask me if I'm crazy - the answer is: yes...
pessimistic

Postby Melting Darkness » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:32 pm

they think they are a joke but then people do that when they don't understand things :roll:
Melting Darkness

Postby ksco » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:33 pm

They like them :)
My mom really like the songs: Babez For Breakfast, This Is Heavy Metal and Hard Rock Hallelujah :D and my dad really like This Is Heavy Metal too :P
ksco

Postby Ghostrider93 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:39 pm

My Parents are not fans of Lordi (besides, I'm the only fan in the family), but it does not bother them that I listen and I am a fan. They never reproach me because I'm a fan. Lordi is not the kind of music that my father listens (he prefers blues and old Rock N Roll), and my mother prefers pop music.
But my parents have been to a concert of Lordi with me, for my birthday. They were curious and wanted to see the band in live, just to see. At the end of the concert, I asked them what they thought of Lordi. My mother told me that they are impressive and their costumes are very realistic, but she would not go see them live, because it is not the kind of music she likes. My father rather enjoyed the music, but no more.
At least I'm glad my parents did not judge me on my tastes. They are not a fan of Lordi, but they are happy that I am, and they leave me alone. :)
Be yourself! Do not be ashamed to show what you like, and do not be ashamed to admit that you are different.
Ghostrider93

Postby HedgeWitch » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:39 am

I Lordi to my mum a couple of years ago (she's a Beatles/Queen/Pink Floyd fan so I based my introduction on the fact that her parents didn't understand her music either) and, surprisingly, she's ok with the music (too loud but she really likes It Snows In Hell) as long as I .... don't show her clips ;D Too faint of heart.
My dad played to me Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath (and my mum's music) when kids my age listened to recorded fairy tales or kids' music before going to sleep and he really got into SOAD and Rammstein - when I turned the channel to Eurovision he was sold.

Dunno how it's now with him since we haven't been in contact for years but after Sunday mum now shares my love for OX's bass solo :3 I'll make a fan out of her one day!
HedgeWitch

Postby Micasa » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:29 pm

I introduced my parents to Lordi sometime ago (probably in 2013), they didn't really seem bothered about it, but when they first listened to one Lordi song, they thought I was going to turn into an goth.
Micasa

Postby MarianneAgrat » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:26 pm

For my mother It's okay :D She's happy for me :P
MarianneAgrat

Postby Kitawa » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:18 am

Propably much of nothing. :lol:
I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13
Kitawa

Previous

Return to General discussion