Monsterboard

What do your parents think about Lordi?

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby HELLga » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:59 pm

The Terror of death wrote:Both of my parents really like Lordi. :)
My dad wants to go see them live and his favourite song is "Shotgun Divorce"
My mum also likes them and asks me if they are performig live soon :)
So it's all cool cus both of my parents like Lordi and hard rock.:)
We even went together on the Iron Maiden concert in Sofia on 4th of june :)

I'm getting jealous- you have superparents :D My parents always hated Lordi, but now they're trying to show me "how do they love me". Mum said "I like this song" when she heard "It snows in hell" and dad said "Mr.Lordi is really talented person"... Anyway, they always say that Awa's stupid or something, when talk anything Lordi-related. I say "I'm going to the shop, I need to buy Lordi CD". Mum answers: "Your Awa is stupid". :twisted: :lol:
HELLga

Postby Zadek » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:24 pm

My dad likes their music, but doesn't like them, mum doesn't like both - image and music. Well... at least I like both.
Be a Hater, be a Joni Hater!

Magnum Fan.
Image - Rock 'N' Troll!
Image - Beer! Beer!
Zadek

Postby SMF » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:27 pm

Cold Iron wrote:I am 53 yrs old and as a parent, I just have one thing to say. LORDI ROCKS!!! I met them in Auburn, Washington. U.S.A. During Ozzfest. I think they have great harmonies, plus great musical abilities. Also the members of Lordi all seem to be great people. I wish I could have spent more time with them. Gentlemonsters and Lady, I hope to see you again. Perhaps Ozzfest 2008! Hey Ozzy And Sharon Osbourne, hint, hint. Thank you for a great show!

Cool man! It's always good to see that Lordi has a more mature crowd too!
RIP Jayjay. I love you
SMF

Postby Cold Iron » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:37 am

MATURE AUDIENCE!!!!! Who the heck said I was mature,just ask my wife.
Cold Iron

Postby mikroprose » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:44 pm

well.....they don't love them but they don't hate them either... i don't know they just complain because i hear them all the time :twisted: my brother really hates them and my friends too.they all say that lordi isn't the best band for a 15 years old girl :cry: i don't have anyone to talk about lordi and this is really infuriating :x but i love lordi and i don't care what other people say :wink:
mikroprose

Postby Greg84 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:47 pm

They just hear it pumping from my room, Lord knows what they think!! :P
Greg84

Postby FromDuskToDawn » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:19 am

Heh... my parents don't know any word in English so they know only the music I listen :roll: They both listen for f***ing russian music :x
My Mum likes beginning of Blood Red Sandman where it's bells and Hard Rock Hallelujah cause it was on Eurovision :D She likes Mr.Lordi's voice :wink:
My Dad often seems indifferent to whatI do at all but if he has a bad mood he shouts: "What a music you listen?! Who teachs you with this shit?!" and so on, you know :wink: But I don't care. Just make a volume higher :twisted:
Honey, honey, let me hug you like a spider, Let me give you evilove.
Honey, honey, let me kiss you like a viper, Open up your heart, receive my evilove!
FromDuskToDawn

Postby Eve » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:40 am

mikroprose wrote:well.....they don't love them but they don't hate them either... i don't know they just complain because i hear them all the time :twisted: my brother really hates them and my friends too.they all say that lordi isn't the best band for a 15 years old girl :cry: i don't have anyone to talk about lordi and this is really infuriating :x but i love lordi and i don't care what other people say :wink:

Any of my friends likes Lordi either (there's only one girl that I think I'm turning into a kind of Lordi fan...lol) and, as I said before, my parents don't like them too! :roll: And some people, when they find I like Lordi, just look at me for a while and say something like "Do you really like them? They look like monsters..." (really, I never noticed that... :lol: ) or "Wow...you're crazy" ....but I don't really mind about what they say, sometimes it's even fun! :lol: :lol:
Eve

Postby Kada2110 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:29 pm

My parents have nothing against them... Some of my friends like them...
Kada2110

Re: ...

Postby grims » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:32 pm

Kada2110 wrote:My parents have nothing against them... Some of my friends like them...

None of my friends like Lordi!
Not even rock or metal!
Jebote jesu glupi!
grims

Re: ...

Postby Unstoppable avanger » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:34 pm

grims wrote:
Kada2110 wrote:My parents have nothing against them... Some of my friends like them...

None of my friends like Lordi!
Not even rock or metal!

but why is that?...cause you're the only rocker in your country!

*just teasing xD*

We're rascals, scoundrels villains and knaves
Drink up me hearties, yo ho
We're devils and black sheep - really bad eggs
Drink up me hearties, yo ho
Unstoppable avanger

Postby grims » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:38 pm

In my city!
It's pretty little city!And I am only rocker in the whole city!
grims

Postby Jenette » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:31 pm

My parents don't know anything 'bout Lordi - fortunately. Just once my mum asked "what's the terrible music that's radiating from your PC?" :twisted:
Oh Lord, what fools these mortals be...
Jenette

Postby mikroprose » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:52 pm

Eve wrote:
mikroprose wrote:well.....they don't love them but they don't hate them either... i don't know they just complain because i hear them all the time :twisted: my brother really hates them and my friends too.they all say that lordi isn't the best band for a 15 years old girl :cry: i don't have anyone to talk about lordi and this is really infuriating :x but i love lordi and i don't care what other people say :wink:

Any of my friends likes Lordi either (there's only one girl that I think I'm turning into a kind of Lordi fan...lol) and, as I said before, my parents don't like them too! :roll: And some people, when they find I like Lordi, just look at me for a while and say something like "Do you really like them? They look like monsters..." (really, I never noticed that... :lol: ) or "Wow...you're crazy" ....but I don't really mind about what they say, sometimes it's even fun! :lol: :lol:

yeah...the first thing i hear when i talk about lordi is: what? the eurovision monsters?come on! and then what can i answer? that they have cool image and they don't play stupid pop music but in my country rock music isn't that popular as in other countries.. :x lordi have a big fan club but i don't know.... :? you have to search a lot if you want to find a lordi fan...the media make it worse. the freaky monsters,or the satanists or other million things.. :evil:
Last edited by mikroprose on Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikroprose

Postby Spasmodic'90 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:55 pm

My mother thinks that wearing a Lordi shirt is childish. :lol:
The Deadache epidemic started in 29th October in 2008. I caught it in 6th November.

It's obvious that the Devil is hiding behind my smile...
Spasmodic'90

Postby Eve » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:57 pm

mikroprose wrote:
Eve wrote:

yeah...the first thing i hear when i talk about lordi is: what? the eurovision monsters?come on! and then what can i answer? that they have cool image and they don't play stupid pop music but in my country rock music isn't that popular as in other countries.. :x lordi have a big fan club but i don't know.... :? you have to search a lot if you want to find a lordi fan...the media make it worse. the freaky monsters,or the satanists or other million things.. :evil:

Yeah, some people just know Lordi as the "Eurovision monsters" :roll: And yes, sometimes it's not easy to find other Lordi fans...but I guess MB is a great help! :lol:
Eve

Postby Hirmu » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:36 am

I don't know my dad's oppinion, but my mum likes a few songs, especially Would You Love a Monsterman? and Hard Rock Hallelujah. She thinks that all the monsters are quite cute, especially Kita. :)
Last edited by Hirmu on Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Elä huoli. Mie oon huumormiehii, meil on yhes nii lustii, jot hitot." -Alikersantti Antero Rokka
Hirmu

Postby mikroprose » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:30 am

Eve wrote:
mikroprose wrote:
Eve wrote:

Yeah, some people just know Lordi as the "Eurovision monsters" :roll: And yes, sometimes it's not easy to find other Lordi fans...but I guess MB is a great help! :lol:

yeah it helps sometimes.
:roll: but you know...it's difficult.it is easier to say in finland or in sweden or in germany that you are a lordi fan than in greece. or in portugal i suppose. only boys between 14 and 18 listen to rock. :roll:
but people don't open their eyes :shock: and they can't see that maybe lordi or other rock bands are better.we have in greece too 2 or 3 rock bands but ...only few people listen to them.
Last edited by mikroprose on Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mikroprose

Postby grims » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:52 am

MY dad listens to metal an has nothing aginst them!
And my mum is going to write lordi on my wall!
grims

Postby Eve » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:59 pm

mikroprose wrote:yeah it helps sometimes.
:roll: but you know...it's difficult.it is easier to say in finland or in sweden or in germany that you are a lordi fan than in greece. or in portugal i suppose. only boys between 14 and 18 listen to rock. :roll:
but people don't open their eyes :shock: and they can't see that maybe lordi or other rock bands are better.we have in greece too 2 or 3 rock bands but ...only few people listen to them.

Hhhmmm...this afternoon I went shopping with my brother and while he was driving we put Lordi...some people looked at us as if we were some kind of freaks! :roll:
Eve

Postby mikroprose » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:19 am

Eve wrote:
mikroprose wrote:yeah it helps sometimes.

Hhhmmm...this afternoon I went shopping with my brother and while he was driving we put Lordi...some people looked at us as if we were some kind of freaks! :roll:

it was last year in the first day of school. all the students are in a line and the professors too.the headmaster came out and he started talking to us. suddenly my mobile phone started ringing. and i had hard rock hallelujah as ringtone! :? all the school was looking at me.... :roll: fortunately i wasn't punished.
mikroprose

Postby atrak » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:57 am

Well,my parents are not very interesting but OK something they know about lordi.
And lordi is not they're favorite band.
atrak

Postby Jake » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:23 am

My dad doesn't like Lordi,and my mom only likes a couple songs.
Jake

Postby Goatman » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:18 am

My mum thinks there devil worshippers and my dad thinks there kick-ass KISS s (Which they are).
IA! IA! CTHULHU FTAGHN!
Goatman

Postby night elf » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:27 am

My parents think that I´m going crazy...
(They like to listen old rock,like Beatles,Rolling Stones,a bit of Guns and Roses etc.)They´re 57,and I´m 13 years old...Horror.

"Turn down that noise".....blah blah blah. :roll:
Whatever.I like to listen Lordi. :P
In the sheltering shade of the forest
Calling calming silence
Accompanied only by the full moon
The howling of a night wolf
And the path under my bare feet...
The Elvenpath
night elf

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion