Monsterboard

What do your parents think about Lordi?

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Lisa » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:20 pm

My Dad hates them and hates all the bands I listen to... he thinks I should be out of my "band tshirt wearing" phase... ha, he said that almost 20 years ago that "someday you'll stop wearing all those black shirts! When you start high school you'll grow out of it..." then when I got into HS he said, "when you get to college you will stop!" and I didn't... when I graduated college he said I'd stop when I got a real, professional job and entered the adult world... ha, when I got a professional job and entered the real world I only stopped wearing them AT work but when I'm home or going out I pull them back on again... when I go to Dad's place he shakes his head and asks me when I'm going to grow up... ha!

Ma always loved hard rock/classic rock... when my sis and I were going to a ton of GWAR shows, we eventually bought her to some shows and introduced her to the guys and she just loves them... so naturally, upon seeing pics of Lordi she similates them to GWAR-type stuff and likes them the same... I've informed her though that Lordi doesn't have any songs about dismembering people, kidnapping/raping children & animals or things of the sort so I THINK she likes Lordi a little better but she just adores the actual members of GWAR, they were very cool to her when she broke her nose at one of their side project shows... I pulled Ma into the pit (bad idea) and she got her nose broken within minutes... I felt real bad about that... Ma is a trooper and she even went to see GWAR again after that happened but she stood in the back...
Lisa

Postby Beauty of the beast » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:31 pm

Parents are great supporters of Lordi, My dad is oddly keen on them.

Stay Heavy Monstermaniacs :twisted: .
Getting Heavy Since : 18,09,03
Hell-o I am me, who the Hell are you?
Proud Brother of the Unholy Ghost
Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby GothikaFairy » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:51 pm

My dad and my stepmum are great. Many a plate has been broken while my stepmum and I have been dancing around the kitchen during the washing up to 'Devil is a Loser'. My dad also insists on turning up the volume every time there's a key change. which is good with me XD
Lots of marshmallows to NiKiTa for the signature. ^^
GothikaFairy

Postby HalfmetalAlchemist » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:58 pm

I really don't know if my mom likes Lordi or not... :roll:

She has always liked the old school metal bands.. (KISS, AC/DC, etc.)

One time when I was listening to Devil is a Loser, she just looked at me and went "The devil is a loser and he's my bitch??" and I'm like. "..Yup."

But she did say she liked It Snows In Hell! :D She said "I kinda like that song, even though I don't know what they're saying..." :roll:

So, in short, I suppose that she doesn't hate them, but doesn't really like them either..
:.I love Kita.:
~On October 23, 2007, my Monsterican Dream came true~
HalfmetalAlchemist

Location: Pigeon Forge, TN, America Sex/Age - F/21 DOB - 9/30/92

Postby AJ73 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:45 am

I'm 34 years old. My parents probably haven't even heard of Lordi. :)
AJ73

Postby Reapah » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:37 am

My dad likes Lordi, but doesn't listen to them a lot. He's the one that's willing to take me to Ozzfest and stuff even though he doesn't like much metal music/bands. When we go to concerts he seems to block it all out after a while.

My mom thinks they look scary but their music's okay. She's the one who's taking me to see an Alice Cooper show this summer because I help out by tutoring. Pretty much whatever one of my parents doesn't like, the other one likes.

Now my sis, she like's them almost as much as I do. :twisted:
Reapah

Postby Lucinda » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:26 am

Uh...my parents don't know about Lordi, unfortunately... It sucks that I have to hide something I love so much from them, but I know they wouldn't accept it. :( They're both very, erm, conservative at times, my Dad even more so. They even dislike it when I wear black nail polish! They wouldn't even give me a chance to explain...

But, oh well. :D I love LORDI and that's that!!
Am I a demon with a heart, or an angel with no soul?
Lucinda

Postby Patty » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:20 am

He He :lol: My parents don't really like them very much :roll:
Like the other day my dad goes "Have you learnt any new songs on that guitar of yours?" and i go "Ah you know bit of this a bit of that a couple of Lordi songs. the good thing is they 're really easy!" then he goes "They're probably easy because lordi are not very good." :? ......:evil:

But if lordi ever came to Australia he would definitely take me to see them. He he My bribes always work. :p
Patty

Postby Orbett » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:43 am

My parents don't really care, as long as I aint doing drugs or anything. Lordi has kept me away from all that (Long story) so I guess you could say that they love Lordi :P
I see the world but as the world -
A stage, where every many must play a part...
And mine a sad one.
Orbett

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:07 pm

like i said before, they treated lordi like they treated my being wiccan "as long as you dont get into any cults or go sacrificing goats or something".

My parents are so ordinary they're extra-ordinary!
}=~M~I~M~M~={
Ade Due Demballa.
Because you can't spell Necromancer without Romance
Mad Madam Mimm

Postby Thomas » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:27 pm

Lucinda wrote:Uh...my parents don't know about Lordi, unfortunately... It sucks that I have to hide something I love so much from them, but I know they wouldn't accept it. :( They're both very, erm, conservative at times, my Dad even more so. They even dislike it when I wear black nail polish! They wouldn't even give me a chance to explain...

But, oh well. :D I love LORDI and that's that!!

Your parents wouldn't accept that you like Lordi?! :shock: Uhm.. :?
Thomas

Postby Spasmodic'90 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:56 pm

My parents accept Lordi although they are not keen on them.
The Deadache epidemic started in 29th October in 2008. I caught it in 6th November.

It's obvious that the Devil is hiding behind my smile...
Spasmodic'90

Postby NightChild » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:58 pm

My Mom likes Lordi very much!
She wanted to go on the concert with me so i took her with me x)
Dad doesn't like em so much...
Idon't worship Satan, Satan worship me.
NightChild

Postby Joni Master » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:59 pm

Another good topic. My parents is allways hated "demon" band Lordi. Specially Kalma. You know what "kalma" mean so. You know. :lol:
Joni Master

Postby The 13th Nightmare » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:33 pm

My parents are fine with the fact I like Lordi. I remember that I had Blood Red Sandman playing away one day, and my dad asked what I was listening to. So I told him and he was fine with it.
Heaven Doesn't Want Me Because I'm Too Evil. And Hell Doesn't Want Me Because They Are Afraid I'll Take Over
My Twitter
The 13th Nightmare

Postby KittyCat » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:56 pm

My mum likes Lordi alot! She blasts their music on the stereo alot xD, she's been with me to 2 of their concerts and she has kissed Amen 2 times xD mahahah!

My dad thinks they are alright :) their not his favorite band though, but i haven't played them for him alot either so :).
Watch my lordi videos: http://www.youtube.com/kissemiss
KittyCat

Postby supermonstar13 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:51 pm

Mum started to hate them recently because I talk to her about them all the time. But she likes the forum since Amen replied my message and said: "They must be good guys indeed. If that one replied the stupid him you wrote...lol"
Dad thinks that they're Satanists and I still try to convince him they're not. He hates the forum, also.
T+A
supermonstar13

Postby Dark Thorn » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:26 pm

My mom kinda likes Lordi, but when I'm freaking out of something she blames Lordi of it :?
(brainwashing :roll:)
And some days later if I say something about them she saying that she would like it to see them once on a gig or something
Dark Thorn

Postby Dezalene » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:51 pm

Well, I have no opinion on my father. He's supposed to take me to the concerts and all (which is weird, because I'm 18, but I think he's just worried about me driving.), but I have no idea how he honestly feels about the band. Then again, we really don't talk as much as argue, so I don't want to know. :lol:

Mum, on the other hand, likes them, and even prefers them over some of the "screamers" I listen to sometimes. It sounds like some of the music her brother used to blast all the time, so she's used to it.
~In November I lost my family. They took away all my friends and blamed insanity!~
New DA / Old DA
Dezalene

Postby IA » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:02 pm

I´m a mother and i love Lordi and so does my man too :wink:
Trust can´t live in the same space as secrets and lies. Mietippä sitä.
IA

Postby danielmodern » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:39 pm

My parents don't like the music hard rock :D
danielmodern

Postby Terror-Inferno » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:20 am

My parents don't mind Lordi,

My dad's always telling me, to turn the music up, when I listen to them

The only person in my family who hates Lordi, is my little 10 year old sister

Terror-Inferno,
Terror-Inferno

Postby AJ73 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:07 am

Is the majority of this forum under 18 and still living with their parents?
AJ73

Postby Isa » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 am

AJ73 wrote:Is the majority of this forum under 18 and still living with their parents?

Why this question ?

Some of us reply on this post but are more than 18 and some don't living with their parent some others living by their parent even they are more than 18
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby HELLga » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:26 pm

My parents hate Lordi. Especially Awa :( :evil: But I don't care, even if it causes lots of problems :P
HELLga

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion