Monsterboard

What do your parents think about Lordi?

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby akuma_shin » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:15 pm

kami-l wrote:umm, I'm a parent and I love Lordi LOL I would be very proud if my son was into Lordi's music, however, he does not, he's into that rap, hip hop, whatever bullshit :oops:

i feel sorry for your son sir/miss
kids these days just love their techno hip-hop sh*ts and can't see what REAL music is about
i wish that more kids were openminded :)
All that hate , I should've hated more .
Yes , I am the Black Death !
A Death dosen't die !
akuma_shin

Postby akuma_shin » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:21 pm

Nightmare Wings Hell wrote:This was my dad's reaction when I let him lsiten to Lordi.
"These are a bunch of crazy, whacked out, zombie demoic horde of vampires playing instruments. It's loud it's catchy, and the voice is like Freddy Krueger.........can I listen to more?" Dad likes them!

Mom really likes their songs too, especially WYLAM, but doesn't like their look.

cool that your parents are openminded
when i started being a lordi fan i was the same.....loved the songs but didnt like the costumes
but eventually the songs helped me get over the bad opinion about their costumes and eventually i started loving their UBER HEAVY sound from monsterican dream thus this album becoming my favo ^^
All that hate , I should've hated more .
Yes , I am the Black Death !
A Death dosen't die !
akuma_shin

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:28 pm

akuma_shin wrote:
Nightmare Wings Hell wrote:This was my dad's reaction when I let him lsiten to Lordi.
"These are a bunch of crazy, whacked out, zombie demoic horde of vampires playing instruments. It's loud it's catchy, and the voice is like Freddy Krueger.........can I listen to more?" Dad likes them!

Mom really likes their songs too, especially WYLAM, but doesn't like their look.

when i started being a lordi fan i was the same.....loved the songs but didnt like the costumes
but eventually the songs helped me get over the bad opinion about their costumes and eventually i started loving their UBER HEAVY sound from monsterican dream thus this album becoming my favo ^^

Yup, I was lucky to be born to a crazy Polish family
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Miss Charlene » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:59 pm

akuma_shin wrote:
Nightmare Wings Hell wrote:

weird, because to me it actually were the costumes that attracted me in the first place. :lol:
i saw them and thought: "wow, they dare to do the things they like, even if it's uncommon." i instantly was impressed how comfortable they seem(ed) to feel with their image, i really felt that this wasn't one of those every-day bands. lordi was new, original, creative and brave - things, that record labels try to beat out of people these days. i'm very happy that lordi kept their chosen path even if it took time to get a record deal.

@topic
my mother doesn't understand why 'such young, beautiful girls like such old, ugly fogeys!" :lol:
there's no way i'd get her to listen to lordi, since she rather likes soft-rock, but i'll maybe show here an interview with them. i still hope she gets that they aren't THAT old. :lol:
Miss Charlene

Postby pessimistic » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:40 pm

:lol: ...a little funny...
I've recieved a few new posters of LORDI and KISS a few days ago (hm, my parents didn't know about it) - I put them immediately on the wall - my good parents were a little bit... hm, let'S say, surprised, when they returned home
(I've not my own room - so today THEY're above my table in the living room - what a nice view!!!) :twisted:
Don't ask me if I'm crazy - the answer is: yes...
pessimistic

Postby Mooneyman » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:53 pm

My mum hates Lordi but saw a photo of Mr. Lordi without the mask, and now thinks he's fit.
:lol:
Mooneyman

Postby pessimistic » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:49 pm

Mooneyman wrote:My mum hates Lordi but saw a photo of Mr. Lordi without the mask, and now thinks he's fit.

Yeah, my ma' saw him too, nevertheless she doesn't understand... according to her I'm a bit toooo much obsessed with them :roll:
She doesn't understand beauty of the beast... :?
She thinks I'm going mad... but no, I'm not going mad, I HAVE GONE mad! :twisted:
pessimistic

Postby Mooneyman » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:50 pm

pessimistic wrote:
Mooneyman wrote:My mum hates Lordi but saw a photo of Mr. Lordi without the mask, and now thinks he's fit.

Yeah, my ma' saw him too, nevertheless she doesn't understand... according to her I'm a bit toooo much obsessed with them :roll:
She thinks I'm going mad... but no, I'm not going mad, I HAVE GONE mad! :twisted:

NOBODY seems to really understand the concept for some reason, it's really annoying! :lol:
Mooneyman

Postby pessimistic » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:22 pm

Mooneyman wrote:
NOBODY seems to really understand the concept for some reason, it's really annoying! :lol:

Oh, well... let me think... why, maybe because of their look... or for what their lyrics are like... :roll:
No, now I've got it!!! Isn't it because whenever we say "they" or "he", it means we're gonna say sth. about THEM??? I bet they feel a bit confused... :lol:
pessimistic

Postby Miss Charlene » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:32 pm

Mooneyman wrote:
pessimistic wrote:

well, what do you think is the concept of their costumes?
lordi always said that they just want to be different, like kiss were back then and since they like monsters they chose that style, so there isn't quite a concept behind it. :?
it's just about loving to be different and doing what one likes. (at least that's what i think, mr. lordi may grace us with his presence and prove me wrong ^^).

the problem with people is, that they often jump to the wrong conclusions when they see the costumes. monsters are still something that's generally viewed as a bad thing, so they assume that their songs and beliefs are just like that. the old game of prejudices...

i think it's best not to care about them, to me their 'bloodmusic' as a friend of mine calls it, is utterly enjoyable! am i satanic now? i don't think so. i guess i'm just lordi's bitch. like. everybody. else. :twisted:

<3 monsters. if i'm a singer one day i'm gonna ask lordi if i can tour with them. >_>"
Miss Charlene

Postby pessimistic » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:31 pm

Miss Charlene wrote:well, what do you think is the concept of their costumes?
lordi always said that they just want to be different, like kiss were back then and since they like monsters they chose that style, so there isn't quite a concept behind it. :?
it's just about loving to be different and doing what one likes. (at least that's what i think, mr. lordi may grace us with his presence and prove me wrong ^^).

the problem with people is, that they often jump to the wrong conclusions when they see the costumes. monsters are still something that's generally viewed as a bad thing, so they assume that their songs and beliefs are just like that. the old game of prejudices...

i think it's best not to care about them, to me their 'bloodmusic' as a friend of mine calls it, is utterly enjoyable! am i satanic now? i don't think so. i guess i'm just lordi's bitch. like. everybody. else. :twisted:

<3 monsters. if i'm a singer one day i'm gonna ask lordi if i can tour with them. >_>"

You're not the only one... The last ten years having the lessons of singing I hope someday to see some of these rock dudes (and I don't mean just Lordi...) and... hmmm, at least have a little chat and jam session with them...

I really undestand what you're talking about - at least ten times a day I have to try not to hurt people, who say sth. like that :wink:
It's about people cannot realize that it's an exaggeration, people who don't have enough sense of humour cannot understand...

"Their songs are scary, bloody and morbid - and so have to be them"... stupid idea - I've also written lyrics about murder, suicide and all that stuff, and am I going to do anything of that...??? (Well, sometimes I'd kill all the stupids, who say LORDI is a satanic band...) :evil:
pessimistic

Postby Korina » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:56 pm

My mom really doesn't like Lordi xD
[i] R.I.P. Michael Jackson[/]
Korina

Postby ComeUntoSweetDeath » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:10 pm

i play Lordi in my car and my mom said she couldnt get Would you love a monster man? out of her head. :twisted:
I wanna be your dream-date
Who takes away your breath
But I'm the man of your nightmares
The gentleman death
http://www.last.fm/user/BloodnRoses21
ComeUntoSweetDeath

Postby pessimistic » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:07 pm

ComeUntoSweetDeath wrote:i play Lordi in my car and my mom said she couldnt get Would you love a monster man? out of her head. :twisted:

That's great - yeah - I made my classmates (orthodox hip-hopers) sing Devil is a loser :twisted:
pessimistic

Postby Music_Ninja » Mon May 11, 2009 2:07 am

usually my mom loves the bands i like. like she loves Marilyn Manson, AFI, and a hole lot of other ones but when i turned on lordi the other day she freaked out and said that they where horrible :( and she saw my wallpaper on my computer (it Was OX) she said i should be committed to a frigging mental hospital. and she was serious about it.she thinks im a necrophiliac...lol its kinda funny.. grrrr
(thanks to ISA for my avatar and siggy :))
OX FAN SINCE MAY 2nd 2009 XD
(IS a baby fan haha)
Music_Ninja

Postby HalfmetalAlchemist » Mon May 11, 2009 4:56 am

Haha, that's hilarious! My mother adores LORDI.. She hasn't seen Mr. Lordi unmasked(I forbade her, lol), yet she thinks he is a fine lookin' monster. :twisted:

Who could blame her, though? <3
:.I love Kita.:
~On October 23, 2007, my Monsterican Dream came true~
HalfmetalAlchemist

Location: Pigeon Forge, TN, America Sex/Age - F/21 DOB - 9/30/92

Postby pLastiC_raiN » Mon May 11, 2009 4:29 pm

Ahaha now you really made me laugh. :lol:

Btw, my mum said she almost doesn´t dare to come into my room because of the posters and pics of Lordi.. (well mostly Mr. Lordi)
Why can't I breathe whenever I think about you?
Why can't I speak whenever I talk about you? ♥
pLastiC_raiN

Postby AAore » Mon May 11, 2009 4:32 pm

Actually, My mom is a Lord-fan too!

She got the CD Deadache and is listening to it all the time in the car :P
Feel Good.
"They always survive while I lose everything"
AAore

Postby judge death » Mon May 11, 2009 9:50 pm

My mom accepts it but for two days ago she said when she visited me: Isn´t Lordi out for a long time ago? They aren´t popular anymore.

It seems everyone in Sweden thinks so unless you aren´t a fan. :(
And my mum isn´t so much into music. xD
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby LostInTheStable » Tue May 12, 2009 9:24 am

my dad said that to a few months ago, it realy makes me sad in a way... :cry:
The World Is A Joke! Me, I'm Just Having Fun!
LostInTheStable

Postby judge death » Tue May 12, 2009 1:52 pm

LostInTheStable wrote:my dad said that to a few months ago, it realy makes me sad in a way... :cry:

Did he! :( But we will anyway be fans forever whatever they say so, nothing to worry about. :)
True believers stay whatever if Lordi is out or not. :)
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby Isa » Tue May 12, 2009 1:59 pm

I must say that here in Belgium it didn't change so much. They where mostly know like "the monsters who win ESC" and it's still so they are know.

And yeah for my parents, they aren't "Lordi" but "The monsters" but I don't care since they are :lol:
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby Good To Be Bad Girl » Tue May 12, 2009 2:00 pm

Mooneyman wrote:NOBODY seems to really understand the concept for some reason, it's really annoying! :lol:

YES! I know!! I've been trying to make my bf see that, since he thinks Lordi is so stupid and weird. If this had been two years ago, I would have broken up with him for that.... :lol:

There is something with Lordi that makes me smile and feel so happy.... This incredibly special feeling that warms me... It's so sad there are so few people who knows that feeling... :(
|Otus Vampire Trio| and |The Awesome Threesome| <3
Miss Banana Norway 2010 <3 || Trapped Bird, my monster-padawan! \,,/
Good To Be Bad Girl

Postby judge death » Tue May 12, 2009 2:05 pm

Good To Be Bad Girl wrote:
Mooneyman wrote:NOBODY seems to really understand the concept for some reason, it's really annoying! :lol:

YES! I know!! I've been trying to make my bf see that, since he thinks Lordi is so stupid and weird. If this had been two years ago, I would have broken up with him for that.... :lol:

There is something with Lordi that makes me smile and feel so happy.... This incredibly special feeling that warms me... It's so sad there are so few people who knows that feeling... :(

Hehhehe. xD I would do like that even today. Since my feelings for the band is as strong now as back then. (I don´t mean it isn´t the same for you now.)
I can hardly imagine no one who is not Lordi fan can stand me. xD
For me it is Lordi like 24/7. xD

But yeah not many people understand that feeling or why we like them. And how much they mean to us all. :(
judge death

Postby AAore » Tue May 12, 2009 5:44 pm

judge death wrote:
LostInTheStable wrote:my dad said that to a few months ago, it realy makes me sad in a way... :cry:

Did he! :( But we will anyway be fans forever whatever they say so, nothing to worry about. :)
True believers stay whatever if Lordi is out or not. :)

My gandma' askd me:

"ARE THEY STILL ALIVE??? :shock: :shock: )

When she saw my shirt :P
Feel Good.
"They always survive while I lose everything"
AAore

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion