Monsterboard

What do your parents think about Lordi?

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Music4life » Tue May 12, 2009 6:20 pm

My Parents don't like them atol :shock:[, I can't understand why though?
Music4life

Postby Squilly » Wed May 20, 2009 1:23 pm

My parents think im crazy for listening to LORDI!!!! WTF :shock:
They are the crazy ones for not listening to them, dont you agree?? :?
I am going to bring them round to them though so it could be all good :lol:
Squilly

Postby judge death » Wed May 20, 2009 2:48 pm

Squilly wrote:My parents think im crazy for listening to LORDI!!!! WTF :shock:
They are the crazy ones for not listening to them, dont you agree?? :?
I am going to bring them round to them though so it could be all good :lol:

I agree with you. :wink:
But sadly it seems almost everyone or at least parents thinks we are crazy to listen to Lordi. :?
But they get used to it at least mine. XD
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby Thomas » Wed May 20, 2009 4:12 pm

My parents don't care :) My mum don't like them that much, but she does not hate them :)

My dad does not like them that much either, but there is some songs he really likes, like Raise Hell In Heaven.. He joined me at the Paris gig :)
Thomas

Postby LIVING DEAD DOLLIE » Thu May 21, 2009 11:03 pm

Well i can tell you guy,s that both of my parents changed the way how they where thinking about them completly. First they hated them , especially MR.Lordi for some stupid reason . But since they see how much i,m changed again after the last time i saw them and met them backstage they think there okay . My dad even met MR.Lordi himself and he is all like , yeah i can understand why you are so crazy about him :? Don,t know why but i guess the really seem to understand now what they really mean to me and they see that MR.Lordi is making me happy

I believe that angels come in every kind of forms and shapes
But the one disguised as a monsterman is the most beautiful angel i ever saw
LIVING DEAD DOLLIE

Location: THE NETHERLANDS .......but in my dreams it looks more like finland !!!! right in MR.Lordi,s arms...

Postby Mooneyman » Thu May 21, 2009 11:04 pm

My mum doesn't want to admit it, but she's nodded her head to a few tracks before. :lol:
And still thinks Mr. L is fit. :lol: :lol:
Mooneyman

Postby miss_brutality » Fri May 22, 2009 8:02 am

My folks also changed their opinion on Lordi :)
Now Mom is a fan :D She loves all their songs and thinks that this monster look is cute xD
Dad used to hate them but when I understood that they are coming to Bulgaria I decided not to tell him till one day I came home with 2 tickets, gave him one of them and told him “ you are going to see them (pointing at 1 of the posters) live :lol:
And now he’s like – “When are they coming again! I want to see them again!” :lol: So my mission is complete :) Now I have a family of Lordi fans :P
Forever and Always!
miss_brutality

Postby LostInTheStable » Fri May 22, 2009 10:05 am

Mu mum istn't bothered by them, she just don't like this kind of music anymore...
And dad sais he think's they're just a bunch of weirdos in halloweencostumes and that Mr.Lordi can't sing (like he knows how to sing... >_<) but one time at the stable when I came back to the car to dump some stuff in the backseat I caught him listening to "missing miss charlene" on my Mp3! I was like: BUSTEEEEED!!! :lol: :twisted:
I still don't know if he likes them but I guess he just can't confess it since he've copmlained so much about them so much earlier.
The World Is A Joke! Me, I'm Just Having Fun!
LostInTheStable

Postby pessimistic » Sun May 24, 2009 11:17 am

LostInTheStable wrote:Mu mum istn't bothered by them, she just don't like this kind of music anymore...

I still don't know if he likes them but I guess he just can't confess it since he've copmlained so much about them so much earlier.

Hey, that's no problem - parents often completely change their minds and - well, they won't 'confess' - they'll claime their brand new opinion like 'this is my opinion now, no matter what was before, I think so and so now it's the only right way'...
So just let them think it weren't you, who managed them to think it, don't take them their illusion that it's them who came to the conclusion... :wink:
Don't ask me if I'm crazy - the answer is: yes...
pessimistic

Postby LostInTheStable » Sun May 24, 2009 12:33 pm

:lol:

tnx for the tip!
LostInTheStable

Postby pessimistic » Sun May 24, 2009 1:46 pm

LostInTheStable wrote::lol:

tnx for the tip!

Not at all :wink:
I've tried it and it works!!! :twisted:
pessimistic

Postby judge death » Sun May 24, 2009 1:56 pm

LostInTheStable wrote:Mu mum istn't bothered by them, she just don't like this kind of music anymore...
And dad sais he think's they're just a bunch of weirdos in halloweencostumes and that Mr.Lordi can't sing (like he knows how to sing... >_<) but one time at the stable when I came back to the car to dump some stuff in the backseat I caught him listening to "missing miss charlene" on my Mp3! I was like: BUSTEEEEED!!! :lol: :twisted:

That is hillarious! Seems like he will be a fan as well soon, just play some more Lordi music and he will not be able to leave. :)
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby LostInTheStable » Sun May 24, 2009 2:35 pm

judge death wrote:

That is hillarious! Seems like he will be a fan as well soon, just play some more Lordi music and he will not be able to leave. :)

I will! :wink:
LostInTheStable

Postby judge death » Sun May 24, 2009 2:40 pm

Great! :D Update us how it goes then. :)
judge death

Postby Millennium » Sun May 24, 2009 3:24 pm

Mum enjoys musicals. Mum does not enjoy Lordi.
Lordi is musical. Mum enjoys Lordi.

/// Ida
Millennium

Postby pessimistic » Sun May 24, 2009 6:36 pm

My mom didn't wanna hear anything about THEM... so I had to go to their gig only with my daddy... while we were there, my dear mummy fell down the stairs and hurt her leg - as I found what had happened, I told her she'd be okay if she went with us...

Another one way to convince parents that YOU are right... :!:

(Oh, it sounds as if I were some barbarian... no, I love my parents and it was just a joke to her - she's all-right now and she started to accept them). :twisted:
pessimistic

Postby judge death » Sun May 24, 2009 11:56 pm

Sounds good and I don´t think you are barbaric. :)
Sounds pretty logical to me.
judge death

Postby pessimistic » Mon May 25, 2009 10:45 am

judge death wrote:Sounds good and I don´t think you are barbaric. :)
Sounds pretty logical to me.

Thank you very very very much...
It's so great to see the others are the same maniacs as you are...
So keep on rockin' and do your be(a)st!!! :!: :twisted:
pessimistic

Postby dean4xena » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:09 am

I think my mum and dad like them better than nightwish lol maybe because i go around yodeling like tarja :) at the top of my voice..now i just growl and occasionaly give an Kita/Awa yell :)
Nightwish and Lordi....Best bands ever on the face of the earth
" We're done Masquerading "
dean4xena

Postby Vilce » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:56 am

Mom doesn't mind... as long as she doesn't have to look at them :lol: She hates the masks. But my grandmother is angry whenever she hears something about them ( she's quite relligious and doesn't quite like the concept of the ''monsters'' at all )
Vilce

Postby pessimistic » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:26 pm

Vilce wrote:Mom doesn't mind... as long as she doesn't have to look at them :lol: She hates the masks. But my grandmother is angry whenever she hears something about them ( she's quite relligious and doesn't quite like the concept of the ''monsters'' at all )

Pretty weird... well, it's been written here (many times), but still - I can't understand what's Lordi got to do with religion???
Just look at their songs - 'devil is a loser', 'rock'n'roll angels' etc.

...Am I wrong, or does it mean 'rock'n'roll is our 'religion'??? :wink: :twisted:
pessimistic

Postby Jum's » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:19 pm

You don't have wrong. :)
For me, the music is a life.
What people are struggling to believe or imagine is precisely that music means a lot to us. For others, this is a simply entertainment.
It's shame to think like that elsewhere. But each in its own way of thinking and dreaming no ?
Jum's

Postby pessimistic » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:07 pm

Yeah, right!
And as long as people don't understand us, my life goal is: It's good to be bad :twisted:
pessimistic

Postby Vilce » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:24 am

pessimistic wrote:
Vilce wrote:Mom doesn't mind... as long as she doesn't have to look at them :lol: She hates the masks. But my grandmother is angry whenever she hears something about them ( she's quite relligious and doesn't quite like the concept of the ''monsters'' at all )

Pretty weird... well, it's been written here (many times), but still - I can't understand what's Lordi got to do with religion???

...Am I wrong, or does it mean 'rock'n'roll is our 'religion'??? :wink: :twisted:

You know, if you have ever looked at some bible or something, the Devil always has horns, so it's obvious why my omaa thinks it's about something satanistic here :lol:
And about the songs, well... mom likes them, but she does't understand a even one word in English, granmother, too, so it's pretty useless to try to explain that to them.
Vilce

Postby LostInTheStable » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:09 pm

Vilce wrote:
pessimistic wrote:

You know, if you have ever looked at some bible or something, the Devil always has horns, so it's obvious why my omaa thinks it's about something satanistic here :lol:
And about the songs, well... mom likes them, but she does't understand a even one word in English, granmother, too, so it's pretty useless to try to explain that to them.

So since cows has horns that means thei're evil? o.O I knew they were tricky!
LostInTheStable

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion