Monsterboard

Lordi and GWAR (no comparison, just a question)

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Dragon235 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:39 pm

*sigh*

why do you make me work? lol
Dragon235

Postby Ragnor » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:19 pm

SDMF_NEchapter wrote:GWAR are just messin around. But they can takin seriously like on Jerry Springer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtiTZ2WS3Fg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbY9MyH8VAc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hw-NHPZgDE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XswljYIopY

By the way in my opinion Lordi fans look alot better than GWAR fans...... God that kids ugly.
Ragnor

Postby BulletViper » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:51 am

meh....

GWAR is pretty funny...but i dont liek the fact that they have guys running around in fishnet stalkings and thongs...thats tooo fucking gay

and i watched the School's Out video by GWAR on my OnDemand....and at the end...the singer dude starts making out with this teacher guy...and i thought that was gay too
mary ^_^
BulletViper

Postby Lisa » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:28 am

grims wrote:
CylonKing wrote:
The Terror of death wrote:Coming to think of it, weren't these the same cheap idiots that tried to sabottage Iron Maiden at the Ozzfest?

No, I don't think it was.

It was!

Nope, that was Sharon Osbourne... GWAR has never been on Ozzfest...
Lisa

Postby SMF » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:09 am

Yup. It was Sharon. It's easy to misteak the two tho, with the ugliness and the penis...

I fuckin hate Sharon Osbourne.
RIP Jayjay. I love you
SMF

Postby Kamegeddon » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:43 am

Man, honestly I'm just sick to death of everyone I mention Lordi to responding with "L0lz tehy rIp 0ff GWAR htey is jusT wanabes."

:roll:

Well, with the exception of the awesome guy at Spencer's Gifts today. Not only did he know who Lordi is, but he was totally excited about them! (despite his general dislike of Finnish rock, XD)
Don't let my mother know... that her baby is bad...
Kamegeddon

Postby kairikas1994 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:10 pm

i've never heard any GWAR songs,but i've seen some comments like that in youtube...GWAR fans and Lordi fans arguing..i dont like GWAR,i prefer Lordi.im actually listening only Lordi :roll:
kairikas1994

Postby BulletViper » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:57 am

Kamegeddon wrote:Man, honestly I'm just sick to death of everyone I mention Lordi to responding with "L0lz tehy rIp 0ff GWAR htey is jusT wanabes."

Well, with the exception of the awesome guy at Spencer's Gifts today. Not only did he know who Lordi is, but he was totally excited about them! (despite his general dislike of Finnish rock, XD)

can you buy Lordi stuff at Spencer's?????!!!!!!

*hurry's out to the mall*
mary ^_^
BulletViper

Postby Kamegeddon » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:35 am

BulletViper wrote:
Kamegeddon wrote:Man, honestly I'm just sick to death of everyone I mention Lordi to responding with "L0lz tehy rIp 0ff GWAR htey is jusT wanabes."

can you buy Lordi stuff at Spencer's?????!!!!!!

*hurry's out to the mall*

Whoa, slow down, I didn't say that! <_>; I haven't found anything yet, sadly, not there or at Hot Topic. I'm going to try some of the other music/entertainment type places that might have imports (here's hoping!!!) in the mall I work at (probably on Saturday since I open that morning and have the afternoon off). I was actually in Spencer's to get hair dye, and ended up chatting with the dude behind the counter for like 45 minutes. The people that work there are always so much fun. XD
Don't let my mother know... that her baby is bad...
Kamegeddon

Postby Wizzbang11 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:33 am

OMG when will this ever stop! Lordi and Gwar are different, and niether of them suck! Gwar is awesome. It is kinda lame with their whole killing lordi thing at their new shows, but i think their just pist lordi is newer and already is bigger than them. I must admit tho, gwar fans on bohab central are way meaner than you guys, so thats one key difference...
Wizzbang11

Postby Dragon235 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:06 am

For the U.S.

check FYE, I've seen "The ARockalypse" there. You may find "Get Heavy" somewhere in an unknown store, but if you find "The Monsterican Dream" or "The Monster Show" you'll be one very, very lucky dude.
Dragon235

Postby Joni Master » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:45 pm

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... &plindex=0

Taken live at the New Jersey Sounds of the Underground on July 14, 2007. Oderus from Gwar says "were you expecting LORDI?" and then takes Mr. Lordi's head out on a stick.
Joni Master

Postby Wizzbang11 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:35 pm

Thats what i was talking about, except i believe they call him "poopfist"
Wizzbang11

Postby Anya » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:24 am

Geez! :shock:
GWAR are good, but their costumes... They go WAY overboard... As far as I can remember, they don't wear their costumes onstage... Lordi don't go overboard, but they're moveable (right, guys? xP..) and easy to get around in, right?... Some of their songs are a little sick, I mean... Baby Raper? And then they spray "things"... In concerts at the audience... Bodily fluids... Such as blood, urine, and sp-*slapped*...
It's not real though! XD LOL!

Okay, I have nothing against GWAR, they are good, and I like them! (But I still prefer my round of Lordi so, yeah! :P) Just, people going round saying that they're better than another band on that other bands' fansite? That's just pathetic *_* Really, it is! So, yes, I understand what you mean :P
I don't have anything against GWAR, I like their music, but they DO go WAAAY overboard with their costumes, you have to admit *_*
Anya~
xoxo!

EDIT: Hmm... I'm not sure where the whole "I don't think GWAR even WEAR their costumes on satge :shock: " thing came from anymore :lol: But, yes, the guys DO wear fishnets and thongs and are like half naked most of the time, and I only ever listen to School's Out, and my mum kept telling me that that song was by Alice Cooper, but it's a cover! I understand now, :lol:... But the rest of their music IS a little... Instrument torcher, as you guys say xD I hate music like that >_<... If you can even CALL it that. >.>' I have a couple of other GWAR songs on the compie, but I never ever listen to those... Except for maybe Penguin Attack.. Or was it Destroy America? I can't honestly remember, :lol:... Ah, I haven't listened to Lordi in a while... I gave myself a detention warning in my homework diary (a wee while back lol) saying "Anya has not been listening to Lordi lately, see to it that she does, or else! - Mr Lordi"... Well... Not the see to it part, but something along the lines of xD And I looked in my diary the week after and nearly had a heart attack 'cause I thought it was real!! LOL XD *Slapped* Sorry, that was totally off topic... :lol: :oops:
Even In Death... May You Be Triumphant.
Anya

Postby WakeTheSnake » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:48 pm

I only like "Sick of You", and nothing else. These guys are sickos, and maybe even drunk. There's definitely a superiority complex going on there.
The jokers soon will be the new kings!
WakeTheSnake

Postby Lisa » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:05 am

Wizzbang11 wrote:Thats what i was talking about, except i believe they call him "poopfist"

Poopfist comes up whenever anyone types "Lordi" because of a word filter program thingie... not sure what it's called, but it's something that admins set up so when someone types a certain word, it will change it to something else... they have quite a few at bohab central... hence why you'll see L0rdi with a "0" (zero) key instead to get past the filter on some posts...

Yep it's a brutal bunch at bohab central, gotta roll with the punches and not take anything seriously and then it's all good... :) My name is "Lisa" over there too if you want to say hey, yeah I know, I'm not very creative with my names... :(
Lisa

Postby Zadek » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:22 am

In Polish, Gwar means "noise". And for me (no offence, of course, to any their fans) GWAR is just a noise.
Be a Hater, be a Joni Hater!

Magnum Fan.
Image - Rock 'N' Troll!
Image - Beer! Beer!
Zadek

Postby MBL » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:55 pm

hey guys guys dont piss any band here ok?were good peopel but if its abaut GWAR then i can say just 4 words TO HELL WITH THEM :twisted: and i dont care a fuck if here are GWAR fans
sorry for that :roll:

man those stuiped idiots think that there are soooooo big
i was browsing on the web and i found that lordi is eeeee...i dont know ten times better than GWAR
"GET INTO THE CAR AND DRIVE"
MBL

Postby Hemitys » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:02 pm

... And we are done.
A Monster Heart Is A Hell To Tear Apart
Hemitys
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General discussion