Monsterboard

Help Spread the Lordi Virus across Canada and the U.S.

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Help Spread the Lordi Virus across Canada and the U.S.

Postby Trytan Voorhes » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:53 am

Okay guys I've posted this in another topic but I think (or at least I hope) that it warrants a topic of it's own and can bring some positive results.

We all want Lordi to be a huge success over here and I'm sure everyone would love to see them in future years on their OWN North American tour!!

I'm from southern Ontario, Canada and Lordi gets zero airplay up here. I've been sending in emails and requests to local stations but one voice is not enough.

If we all take a couple minutes a week to send in a few requests or even email a few DJ's perhaps we could get Lordi some airplay. I'll leave some request url's and some emails of local DJ's here. Even if your not from the area they aren't likely to know, and since most stations provide streaming audio nowadays a request form someone outside the listening area wouldn't be out of the question anyways.

Here are a few to get started. I encourage everyone to get some info for their local rock stations whose format may fit Lordi and post it here as well.

If we can get enough people doing this then maybe we can get Lordi some much needed airplay and expand the fan base enough to make a headling North American tour possible!!!

Here is the url for requests for one station in the southern Ontario, Canada area whose format would fit Lordi. 97.7 HTZ FM

http://www.htzfm.com/shows/requests

and here is the email address of a few of their staff

Music Director - pmorris@sri.ca

DJ's - jcrozier@sri.ca

ddaniels@sri.ca

gonzo@htzfm.com

mbensson@sri.ca

There is also one other station in the area which is a longshot, with a mostly classic rock format but some new rock thrown into the mix, Y108. Here is the url for their contact page.

http://www.y108.ca/station/contacts.cfm

Another nearby station that may play them is 103.3 The Edge out of Buffalo, New York.

Here is the email for their lunch hour request show......

Bull@wedg.com

and a few more emails for other DJ's at that station

paul@wedg.com

Tylerbanks@wedg.com

LETS ALL HELP SPREAD THE COMING OF THE AROCKALYPSE!!!!
Trytan Voorhes

Postby McQuade » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:06 am

Great idea! I will definately email some song suggestions to the emails you posted.

Emails and such are great, but what about real letters?
We should organize a letter campaign for Late Night with Conan O'Brien or something.
It got Conan to come to Finland, Maybe it'll help Lordi to get there.

Of course Late Night is not the only option, there are hundreds of tv shows in America, we should pick one that has a public P.O. Box.

I'm pretty sure they read a lot of the letters they get at Late Night since Conan showed the letters and postcards he got from Finland on air numerous times. So They don't just throw them away. :wink:

We should get as many people as possible to write letters and postcards, and send them all at the same time.

What do you think?
McQuade

Postby Dragon235 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:14 pm

figure this is the best place to put it, but soemtime later this year,or next year I'll be working in a radio station where it has been stated that i get a free choice of my music (within limits of course) but I've def. got Lordi scheduled a few times on the few shows that are planned out.

got a nice name for it when i do play them mwahahaha, you'll just have to wait I guess.

I'll get the place to stream up here too, if we get one.
Dragon235

Postby supercreeps » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:02 am

Done. I hope everyone reading this thread will waste a few precious minutes of his/her time and send a request to those radio stations you mentioned.
supercreeps

Postby pelle12 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:09 am

Yes, it's the duty of every Lordi fan all over the globe to help our fellow fans in Canada.
pelle12

Postby Bowie » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:16 am

When requesting a song, should we all request HRH or what do you suggest?
Bowie

Postby Trytan Voorhes » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:23 pm

Many thanks to everyone that has been sending in requests. I think that Hard Rock Hallelujah is the only song over here right now that's been released as a single so yeah that's probably the one everyone should request to get started.

Anyone else that is from the U.S. or Canada (or anywhere else Lordi starved either) feel free to put up some links to your local rock radio stations as well. If you even provide the names and locations of the stations I'd be willing to do all the digging for you and find request urls or DJ emails if you want.

Once again thanks to everyone.

The more people we get active in this thing the better chance we have of bringing the Arockalypse to North America in the grand fashion that it deserves!!
Trytan Voorhes

Postby Bowie » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:37 pm

Trytan Voorhes wrote:Many thanks to everyone that has been sending in requests. I think that Hard Rock Hallelujah is the only song over here right now that's been released as a single so yeah that's probably the one everyone should request to get started.

Anyone else that is from the U.S. or Canada (or anywhere else Lordi starved either) feel free to put up some links to your local rock radio stations as well. If you even provide the names and locations of the stations I'd be willing to do all the digging for you and find request urls or DJ emails if you want.

Once again thanks to everyone.

The more people we get active in this thing the better chance we have of bringing the Arockalypse to North America in the grand fashion that it deserves!!

Helping one another seems to be the only way as long as Lordi have such a poor record company to back them up. I only wish fans would take this plea seriously. I heard Lordi saying in an interview not long ago : ' if something doesn't happen until the end of this year, then we' ll just have to admit our defeat in America'. Now, we wouldn't want that to happen, would we?
Bowie

Postby supercreeps » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:46 pm

Remeber when you request a song, you don't have to necessarly reveal that you're not from Canada or the USA. :!:
supercreeps

Postby KittyCat » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:50 pm

I sent some mails :)!
I requested HRH since it's the most known song but also TOCOAN since it's the latest single :).
Hope it will help!
Watch my lordi videos: http://www.youtube.com/kissemiss
KittyCat

Postby pelle12 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:33 am

Bowie wrote: I heard Lordi saying in an interview not long ago : ' if something doesn't happen until the end of this year, then we' ll just have to admit our defeat in America'. Now, we wouldn't want that to happen, would we?

I remeber hearing/reading Lordi saying something like that. It would be a great shame if that happened.
I know European fans don't like this, but I think Lordi should consider moving to the States, at least for a couple of years.
pelle12

Postby Amiro » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:52 am

Tell me about it, us Canadians don't get to hear alot of Lordi on the radio. I live in British Columbia and on Halloween you'll hear about 4 Lordi songs. I'm with you brothers & sisters, we need to get Lordi heard around Canada! :D
Dynamite Tonite!
Amiro

Postby Trytan Voorhes » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:45 pm

Bowie wrote:
Helping one another seems to be the only way as long as Lordi have such a poor record company to back them up. I only wish fans would take this plea seriously. I heard Lordi saying in an interview not long ago : ' if something doesn't happen until the end of this year, then we' ll just have to admit our defeat in America'. Now, we wouldn't want that to happen, would we?

Wow...I hadn't heard that interview before. It's gonna take some time because their music is so different from half of the crap that gets airplay over here now. I just hope that things start rolling soon. I guess that the deal with The End Records was the best they could get but it's obvious that The End isn't getting the job done as far as bringing Lordi's music to the people is concerned. It looks like it's going to have to be entirely up to the fans to spread the word, make our voices heard and attempt to get Lordi the airplay that they deserve.

Once again thanks to everyone that has been taking the time to send in requests. I haven't seen anyone else post up any url's for their local stations yet though. Even if we get Lordi played on a station or two in southern Ontario it won't be enough. Once my exams are over next week I'll start digging for as many request urls for rock stations in Canada and the U.S. that I can find.

A request a day could go a long way. Even if there are only 20 or 30 people sending in a daily request I think at some point it would have to warrant some airplay hopefully. But the more people we can get onboard with this idea the better chance we have!!
Trytan Voorhes

Postby Beauty of the beast » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:05 pm

This is a good idea. A first aswell for this board in a long long time. I'll send some emails too, Canada deserves to be Rocked by Lordi!

Stay Heavy Monstermaniacs :twisted: .
Getting Heavy Since : 18,09,03
Hell-o I am me, who the Hell are you?
Proud Brother of the Unholy Ghost
Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby LIVING DEAD DOLLIE » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:22 pm

i will send some e-mails too ...i think this is a really good idea and
if i can help i will do that ...i,do anything for my beloved monsters

I believe that angels come in every kind of forms and shapes
But the one disguised as a monsterman is the most beautiful angel i ever saw
LIVING DEAD DOLLIE

Location: THE NETHERLANDS .......but in my dreams it looks more like finland !!!! right in MR.Lordi,s arms...

Postby Amiro » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:54 am

It would make most sense to send requests into Canada's most popular Rock station. 99.3 The Fox. http://www.cfox.com.

This would also be a bonus because 99.3 The Fox is a brother station to alot of other stations in Canada.
Dynamite Tonite!
Amiro

Postby Trytan Voorhes » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:18 pm

Amiro wrote:It would make most sense to send requests into Canada's most popular Rock station. 99.3 The Fox. http://www.cfox.com.

This would also be a bonus because 99.3 The Fox is a brother station to alot of other stations in Canada.

Thanks for the url Amiro. I just sent in a request there and here is the request url for anyone that doesn't have the time to search through the website.

http://www.cfox.com/contact/requests.cfm

The online request fields are down further near the bottom of the page.

Thanks again to everyone that has sent in requests and lets keep the stations suggestions coming!
Trytan Voorhes

Postby Kamegeddon » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:19 pm

Does it help at all that I tend to blast Lordi music while putting gas in my car? XD;;

I wonder if any of my local stations could be talked into playing Lordi. *schemes*
Kamegeddon

Postby Joni Master » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:30 pm

Voted.
Joni Master

Postby Amiro » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:07 am

Keep sending those requests in! The more the merrier! :D
Dynamite Tonite!
Amiro

Postby paradise lost » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:25 pm

I find this idea great!Now I'm sending requests every day!And I've told to a friend of mine to start sending requests.
paradise lost

Postby Amiro » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:07 am

Yes! I think we're making an impact! I just heared The Kids Who Wanna Play With The Dead on 99.3 The FOX. Keep sending them in!!!
Dynamite Tonite!
Amiro

Postby paradise lost » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:10 am

Amiro wrote:Yes! I think we're making an impact! I just heared The Kids Who Wanna Play With The Dead on 99.3 The FOX. Keep sending t
hem in!!!

Really?That's great :D !I agree,we have to keep sending requests!!!

P.S:Well,it was a surprise to hear that they played The Kids who wanna Play with the Dead.I love this song,but I don't think it's one of the most popular Lordi songs.I thought that they would play something like HRH,Who's you're daddy or WYLAM :? .
paradise lost

Postby Trytan Voorhes » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:16 pm

Amiro wrote:Yes! I think we're making an impact! I just heared The Kids Who Wanna Play With The Dead on 99.3 The FOX. Keep sending them in!!!

That's awesome news!!! Glad to see that we might be starting to make a difference!
Trytan Voorhes

Postby Trytan Voorhes » Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:12 pm

Okay guys, I hope everyone has still been pestering their local stations. I just saw in another thread that Lordi will be doing another U.S. tour as an opening band for Type O Negative's Halloween tour. I'll list the dates here. If they are playing in your area and it's listed here I encourage you to pester your local stations like you've never pestered before! We don't want to see any of these shows cancelled. Radio play and getting more people to listen to the band is the only way to ensure that. Granted Type O has enough of a cult following that this probably won't happen but we can't be too reliant on that.

Anyways here are the scheduled dates....

TYPE O NEGATIVE 2007 HALLOWEEN TOUR:

31.10.2007: Starland Ballroom, Sayreville, NJ, USA
30.10.2007: The Trocadero, Philadelphia, PA, USA
28.10.2007: The Fillmore at Irving Plaza, New York, NY, USA
27.10.2007: Harpo's, Detroit, MI, USA
26.10.2007: Headliner's, Louisville, KY, USA
25.10.2007: The Orange Peel, Asheville, NC, USA
24.10.2007: Masquerade, Atlanta, GA, USA
23.10.2007: Blue Cats, Knoxville, TN, USA
21.10.2007: The Vic, Chicago, IL, USA
20.10.2007: The Eagles Club, Milwaukee, WI, USA
19.10.2007: Orbit Room, Grand Rapids, MI, USA