Monsterboard

Question about KISS

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Question about KISS

Postby ZeHa » Sun Dec 21, 2003 2:23 pm

Just got the KISS Live in Las Vegas DVD, and when I watched the song "Love Gun" I got a little bit shocked because in the solo, Ace plays the solo and you can clearly hear a rhythm guitar in the background, but Paul runs around the stage with the hands up in the air, so I was a little bit disappointed... KISS doesn't play really live?
Or was it perhaps just that they play most of the show live but some parts come from tape so that they can act a little more free on stage?

Sorry, I know that this isn't REALLY LORDI-RELATED, but as there might be many KISS fans as well, I would be glad if someone could tell me what's really going on on KISS concerts...

Thanx
ZeHa

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:48 pm

no they werent faking it. Usually for live DVDs they take clips from other parts of they show and mix it in with other parts to make it more exciting. It's either that or they added the rythem in the studio during the overdubs

Postby ZeHa » Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:19 pm

Well... it might be a little strange that now I, the one who asked, will give you the right answer :D

I found out that the whole Las Vegas Gig was in fact a playback performance. There are only 4 songs played, and it was for a Computer Business, who invited some other bands, too. But they all were bound to do playback performances.

And even the band itself say that they didn't want to release the DVD, but they couldn't stop the release any more. But they distance themselves from the DVD.
ZeHa

Return to General discussion