Monsterboard

What are your friend's reactions to Lordi?

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

What are your friend's reactions to Lordi?

Postby Doomality » Sun May 04, 2008 11:27 pm

My friends ultimately hate them for one reason or another. :roll: Which is a bit strange because I'm the only one in the group who actually likes them, and in fact, is a bit obsessed with them. But here are a few of my friends' reactions.

1. "Wow, their music is pretty good, but they look like rapists."
2. "Dude, this stuff is demonic, don't listen to it."
3. "EWW, they look hideous!" he listens to one of their songs. "Wow, they're not half bad."
4. "Oh, cool. My favourite is the mummy dude."
5. "Meh, I don't like their music very much, but they sure look sweet."

My most hated reactions is the 2nd one, because Lordi is no where near satanic.
Doomality

Postby Dungeon Keeper » Mon May 05, 2008 4:30 am

I'm getting anyone who stands still long enough to listen to the band and I've taken it on myself to do whatever I can to promote them here. The Arockalypse has been the only CD playing in my car so whoever gets a ride also gets to hear Lordi. Captive audience. :twisted:
Dungeon Keeper

Postby SMF » Mon May 05, 2008 4:37 am

I usually get "Blood Red Sandman is cool, I dont like anthing else tho".
Then I try showing them something else... They stick by what they said before.
RIP Jayjay. I love you
SMF

Postby filc » Mon May 05, 2008 1:52 pm

I have a lot of friend who listen metal music. No one thinks something like "to demoniac", "satanic" or so because they ear black metal, death metal, grindcore and so. I you take bands like Vital Remains or Deicide and compare it to Lordi, Lordi is a little pop band.

They all like Lordi music, but they are very disapointed with what the band has done after 2006 :
- Eurovision
- new soft costume (some of my friends hate Lordi because of that, they love costumes which Lordi got in the old video clip (BRS, Devil Is A Loser etc), but not the ones from HRH)
- playing live with playback
- Award TV show (well, they do this before)
"A virgin sacrificed in the blood ritual ? Damn she should've had sex !"
filc

Postby Sweet Bitch » Mon May 05, 2008 1:58 pm

They think that their music is shit and also that they are satanists.
Sweet Bitch

Postby Joni Master » Mon May 05, 2008 2:35 pm

My friend totally dont like Lordi. They just dont like that kind of music and what they looks like.

Here is My friend comment:

1. "Wow, their music is pretty good, but they look like rapists."

That's almost like offending rapists, seriously: you're underestimating them.

2. "Dude, this stuff is demonic, don't listen to it."

Fucking jesus worshippers, you're even worse than this lordi shit.

3. "EWW, they look hideous!" he listens to one of their songs. "Wow, they're not half bad."

Their costumes look like a walking piece of shit, trying to play instruments, singing and even trying to make music in a genre that sucks anyway. And their music doesn't sound half good no matter which one I'd listen to and how many times.

4. "Oh, cool. My favourite is the mummy dude."

Right...

5. "Meh, I don't like their music very much, but they sure look sweet."

Yeah, I admit they look sweet, right at the very moment I become a fucking masochist.
Last edited by Joni Master on Mon May 05, 2008 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joni Master

Postby MBL » Mon May 05, 2008 2:45 pm

Some of my friends say Lordi are ok,but some hate them becuse they don't like rock and metal.
They say Lordi are satanic and sing for satan :evil: but i don't care,becuse i know that this isn't true.
But i have a friend in my class,she listens to hard rock like me and when i showed her Lordi,she sad that they totally rock! :twisted:
"GET INTO THE CAR AND DRIVE"
MBL

Postby filc » Mon May 05, 2008 5:48 pm

manbeastlovers wrote:They say Lordi are satanic and sing for satan :evil: but i don't care,becuse i know that this isn't true.

I can't understand this kind of reaction, people who said that are really stupid.
You must show them something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHoL7iUgjiw (Don't look at this if you can't stand blood, it is an unofficial clip from a Death Metal band) , then they will love Lordi.
"A virgin sacrificed in the blood ritual ? Damn she should've had sex !"
filc

Postby MBL » Mon May 05, 2008 7:01 pm

filc wrote:
manbeastlovers wrote:They say Lordi are satanic and sing for satan :evil: but i don't care,becuse i know that this isn't true.

I can't understand this kind of reaction, people who said that are really stupid.
You must show them something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHoL7iUgjiw (Don't look at this if you can't stand blood, it is an unofficial clip from a Death Metal band) , then they will love Lordi.

I REALLY can't stand to much blood,but anyways thanks for the clip :)
"GET INTO THE CAR AND DRIVE"
MBL

Postby Erina » Mon May 05, 2008 8:00 pm

My best friends and I (and my sister) watched the ESC2006 together and we all like Lordi. We were 20.5. like: "Let's stand up and shout: We did it!" Okay, I'm the only one who has silly dreams 'bout Amen (oh well, my best friend loves Ox, maybe that's the reason) and I'm the biggest fan of us (we're a gang of four).
latua oon lesbo
Erina

Postby supermonstar13 » Mon May 05, 2008 8:44 pm

Some of my friends quite like them, some others not. But there are 4-5 of them who really like them! :-D
T+A
supermonstar13

Postby Nights_of_nightmares » Mon May 05, 2008 8:54 pm

Most of my friends hate Lordi, or thinks they're quite OK. Two of my best friends hate Lordi -.-'
But my third best friend loves Lordi like me... :twisted:
Nights_of_nightmares

Postby Dark Thorn » Mon May 05, 2008 8:57 pm

I don't really know, but most reactions are negative, but these guys aren't my friends, but just classmates.
My friends respect my taste and two are fans... a little... and one is just making fun with me about them. Like imitating Lordi's masks by just pulling some crazy faces. Our favourite is Amen by pulling on our own lips >_O'
Dark Thorn

Postby Mara » Mon May 05, 2008 9:07 pm

Two of my friends likes Lordi and thinks their music is cool, and I often talk to them about Lordi and their songs and so on. But with everyone else of my friends most of them hated Lordi in the beginning. Not because they thought they were bad or something, but to make me angry by saying such things because I just couldn't stop talking about them. Until they found out how much the band really means to me, then they showed a little more respect. Heh...

I have very good friends, and we show respect for others taste in music even if we make fun of it sometimes. And I have to warn you, almost all of my friends are Tokio Hotel-fans, and you know how some of them are like... :lol: but as long as they show respect to Lordi and some other bands I like, I show them respect too, as easy as that :wink:
Mara

Postby Magma » Mon May 05, 2008 9:35 pm

If my friends dont think they are satanic, then they think they are fantastic :roll:
Magma

Postby Zayka » Tue May 06, 2008 5:39 pm

My friends likes Lordi ^^ I'm lucky ! :lol: My best friends are fans ....
Zayka

Postby _eesti999_ » Tue May 06, 2008 7:25 pm

More than half of my friends think, that Lordi rock. The others think (less than half), that Lordi sucks :roll:
_eesti999_

Postby Ayra-Raven » Tue May 06, 2008 7:52 pm

My friends says that It's my thing what I listen to, but they rather don't like them because of the costumes.
And from the other side they love to tease me 'cause of my worship to Lordi (especially Amen... -.-')
The biggest treasure is to love and to be loved...
Ayra-Raven

Location: In the melody of shout and silence... / Poland, F16

Postby LIVING DEAD DOLLIE » Wed May 07, 2008 12:25 am

My friends think there just stupid , the say its a waste of money to go to their gigs and a waste of time to listen to their songs. And they can,t stand the fact that i,m so in love wit MR.Lordi and that i see him as my guardian angel . And often i just say that he,s the most important person in my whole life and my friends are then like ... :shock: ( there really jalous of my feeling for MR.Lordi ) They hate him becouse of that and the rest of the band. But a lot of those people that i once saw as my friends are just gone now , out of my life couse i don,t need them anymore. If people want to hang out with me or just wanna be friends with me, they just have to accept my feelings for Lordi... !!!!!!!! :twisted:

I believe that angels come in every kind of forms and shapes
But the one disguised as a monsterman is the most beautiful angel i ever saw
LIVING DEAD DOLLIE

Location: THE NETHERLANDS .......but in my dreams it looks more like finland !!!! right in MR.Lordi,s arms...

Postby comite1040 » Wed May 07, 2008 11:18 am

8) when i introduced LORDI to my best friend, she got to like them as same as me. haha, maybe thanks to my noisy introduction about them, she accepted my taste.
well, it is really pleasant to talk about them with her because both of us have similar taste against them.

so, i'm lucky person i could get such best friend. it is happy to talk about them in own language...*laughs*
バカで実にサーセンww
comite1040

Postby atrak » Wed May 07, 2008 3:44 pm

Well here are my friends reactions:
1.I like their music,some of their songs are pretty cool!!

2.I don't like Scandinavian metal...

3.Lordi rocks!!!Hard Rock Hallelujah!!!

4.Yak...Lordi is gay... :x
atrak

Postby Spasmodic'90 » Thu May 08, 2008 12:37 pm

My best friend likes Lordi but she's not crazy about it.
The Deadache epidemic started in 29th October in 2008. I caught it in 6th November.

It's obvious that the Devil is hiding behind my smile...
Spasmodic'90

Postby Dezalene » Thu May 08, 2008 10:28 pm

I get the usual handful of "OMG, they're totally Gwar" reactions, but not always. Specifically, I sent a video to one of my Gwar-fan friends, and she not only thought they looked differently, but scarier! Most of my friends think that BRS and HRH are really cool, and a few of them (bf included) actually love them. Then again, I go to art college, so you'll find a lot of people like that there.
~In November I lost my family. They took away all my friends and blamed insanity!~
New DA / Old DA
Dezalene

Postby supermonstar13 » Thu May 08, 2008 11:38 pm

atrak wrote:Well here are my friends reactions:
1.I like their music,some of their songs are pretty cool!!

2.I don't like Scandinavian metal...

3.Lordi rocks!!!Hard Rock Hallelujah!!!

4.Yak...Lordi is gay... :x

Oh.. XD gay?? that's what some of my friends think too...and we're supposed not to talk about their private life and that stuff (not that we know a lot of things, heh, Mr Lordi has 3 dogs, what a fact! :lol: ) so I cannot prove the opposite.
T+A
supermonstar13

Postby Good To Be Bad Girl » Fri May 09, 2008 12:24 am

1. "This is not even on my top 1 000 list..."
2. "Rofl xDD"
3. "They're okay..."
4. "I LOVE THEM!! :D" (ahah, I love you too^^)
5. "Nopes, just keeps disapointing me every time..."

My friend has suddenly started to like them.. She's really the one who brought me back to the forum actually. x]
Gave me a good shock when she suddenly turned on Lordi on her mobile phone though :P

There was one dude in my class who screwed out once xDD

Him: "You know one in Lordi is gay right?? LOL!"
Me: "Eh..? And who would that be if I may ask?"
Him: "That guy on keyboard."
Me: "Duude, that's a girl! ROFL!! XDD"
Him: "Oh.. Fuck >.<"
|Otus Vampire Trio| and |The Awesome Threesome| <3
Miss Banana Norway 2010 <3 || Trapped Bird, my monster-padawan! \,,/
Good To Be Bad Girl

Next

Return to General discussion