Monsterboard

DARK FLOORS PREMIERE - LONDON, Oct 3rd

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

DARK FLOORS PREMIERE - LONDON, Oct 3rd

Postby louissavy » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:40 pm

Hi All.

Just a heads-up that we will be hosting the UK premiere screening of DARK FLOORS - The Lordi Motion Picture on Fri 3rd October 2008 at the Apollo West End cinema.

As part of a special OKTOBERFEST event we are honoured to be able to screen the film

More details here: http://www.sci-fi-london.com

Thanks
Louis Savy
Festival Director
SCI-FI-LONDON
louissavy

Postby UKLFC » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:02 pm

Are you kidding me? Are you really telling me Dark Floors will be shown in London? In a MONTH?

OMG OMG OMG OMG.

Where do I get tickets?
Be a hater, be a Joni hater(Co-President of the Joni Master hate club)
UKLFC
Dr. Dudette

Postby S92 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:09 pm

I'M THERE! :D

S92
"Is that you, Roberto?"
S92

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:00 pm

WHAT?! Oooh... do you think they'd let me skip school for this?
}=~M~I~M~M~={
Ade Due Demballa.
Because you can't spell Necromancer without Romance
Mad Madam Mimm

Postby UKLFC » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:24 pm

Mad Madam Mimm wrote:WHAT?! Oooh... do you think they'd let me skip school for this?

Skip it and dont tell them?
Be a hater, be a Joni hater(Co-President of the Joni Master hate club)
UKLFC
Dr. Dudette

Postby S92 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:44 pm

Well the film starts at 8:30pm. I finish school at 4:15 on a Friday, and the train station is right near my school so I'll probably get changed at school and then get a train to London which takes about 2 hours or so.

I hope it can work out because I really wanna see this movie on the big screen!

S92
"Is that you, Roberto?"
S92

Postby Ultimate Warrior » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:25 pm

OMG! There's just naie justice in der worrrld!!!

I cannae get me arse all t'way down t'London!!!

Well, not from so far up North.

DAMN YOU SOUTHERNERS!!!! :lol: :P
Sneaking out on a Saturday night... Momma thinks you know wrong from right...
Ultimate Warrior

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:56 pm

8:30? Like im going into london in the evening. Im a country girl, dammit, I'll get killed or lost or mugged.... *hides in a cupboard*
}=~M~I~M~M~={
Ade Due Demballa.
Because you can't spell Necromancer without Romance
Mad Madam Mimm

Postby Ramm91 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:04 am

Look at the excitment!!!!

8 replies!!!!!!! whoop!

I'd like to see the film on big screen but i've got the DVD and that'll do :)
Ramm91

Postby Beauty of the beast » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:09 am

Indeed I wish they'd mode on up to Manchester with this haha... I'll have to see how much it'll cost to get down there and if I'll actually get back... It'd be great to see this though, It's something I've thought about since the news of Dark Floors began...

The more I think about it the more I feel the need to go...

Edit: Oh hell I think I'm gonna have to go and stay over night... this Sci Fi Octoberfest has loads of cool shit!

Stay Heavy Monstermaniacs :twisted: .
Getting Heavy Since : 18,09,03
Hell-o I am me, who the Hell are you?
Proud Brother of the Unholy Ghost
Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby Artemisia » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:43 pm

Dang it! Why not Edinburgh or Glasgow aswell????
It's Lillith here.
For some reason, I can't log into my other account, so I made this new one until someone can help me get my old one back.
Artemisia

Postby The 13th Nightmare » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:50 pm

Nuts, if it were in Glasgow I would have made sure I was first in the queue to go and see it. Still this is good news, because it could mean they are planning to release it all over the u.k. soon. I have got the DVD, but I would love the chance to see Lordi on the big screen.
Heaven Doesn't Want Me Because I'm Too Evil. And Hell Doesn't Want Me Because They Are Afraid I'll Take Over
My Twitter
The 13th Nightmare

Postby Beauty of the beast » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:51 pm

I'm all booked and ready for the showing... The sci-fi con looks great itself... I'd love to stay there for all the nights but I have university...

Is anybody else coming?

Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby Enekat » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:13 am

So Dark Floors came to the UK? That probably means that the DVD will be released in Europe soon, yay. I'm sooo gonna order it on Amazon when it does C=

I can't see it on the big screen because I live like, just by Italy. So no go for me, I wish.. :[ *sniff*
Enekat

Postby Beauty of the beast » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:04 pm

Hell-o Monstermaniacs :D...

I thought I'd write a reply here about how the night was... Seeming as literaly no one turned up :P...

The Apollo was a really cool place, built underground almost with a cool little area where they had games and stuff advertised... The people were nice and everything with comfy seats to wait in before the screen was ready...

OK once we got in to the screen we were given goody bags! Yeah how cool is that?!... They had lil fliers for the "Dark Floors" along with :
A copy of C&C 3
A Special Edition box set of Children of the Corn
A box set of all 3 Scanners movies
A random Anime film (Mine was "Voltron! defender of the universe!)
And an Anime showcase DVD among other things...

So the ticket cost £10 and I've already made a proffit!

Before the showing began Fallen Angel and myself were sat in seats F5 and F6... This troupe of 6 women from the "Finnish Embasy" came along and two of them had our seats as well... Thinking I was doomed to be kicked out we asked one of the Sci-Fi-London people and we were given two seats on the row forwards... Not bad as I'd forgot to bring my classes so any help was apreciated...

Next the organiser of Sci-Fi-London came up and gave a speach saying that he loved the movie and felt it had to be in the con this year... A little chat ensued with the crowd and we began to watch the "Short movie" that was on before "Dark Floors"... The short movie was prety good but the CG animation wasn't as good as I've seen... Still I'd be damn proud of it! Some info here...

On to "Dark Floors" *plays scary music in the background*...
I'm not going to ruin it for anybody who's not seen it but I honestly truly believe it was so very very much better than any Hollywood Horror / Thriller I've seen made in ages! And Anything is better than "Diary of the Dead" that was painful...

Even though you know the monsters when you see them they definately give off a feeling of attitude and the theme they represent... For instance Mr.OX is all about power... but what I liked the most was that they roamed the halls of each respective floor like a real creature... Not afraid to show themselves... you get a good look at each member but it still retains the scream factor...

Lets not go into details about the plot but as an over all view I thought it was very good... there are parts that you view that seem irrelevant but come back later, some may catch on to these parts but it doesn't make it any less exciting... Nay it made it even more exciting for me...

Effects wise (As I am on a SFX course) I couldn't fault them... I'm not trying to sound biased because I Love Lordi but I truly can't fault the effects... perhaps on later viewings I could see something but everything was so well done... The effects on Lady. Awa had an entire separate team working on them, "She is supposed to look like a ghost... *clack clack clack... 3 months later* She looks like a ghost"...

The CG that followed Mr. Amen and Mr. Lordi were also very effective, excellent sand effects and the bubbling black mass was animated, rendered and tracked perfectly... I daren't imagine the work that was put into that...

And of course the real stuff... Prosthetics, props n the likes... You all know Mr. Lordi is a trained FX guy and he has many close people who work with him too... In the movie you can tell the costumes have been specialy prepared for the shooting... Video editing does help mask errors or help theme the scene / shot but again I couldn't see anything wrong with it... Hell they've been doing it for how many years?

In short if you have't got a copy then GO GET ONE! GET IT NAUGHHH!... Believe me! It's not just a movie for all Monstermaniacs... It's a film for any fan of good Horror / Thriller movies...

Edit: Don't listen to the reiew on IMDB... that guy knows sweet F.A...

Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby Ultimate Warrior » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:22 pm

Cheers BotB (Nice to see you're still alive :lol: I haven't seen you in ages) for that review. For those of us who couldn't get down there, it's a welcome treat to read something about it :D

And, now more than ever, I want that film!!! *throws a Verruca Salt size tantrum*
Sneaking out on a Saturday night... Momma thinks you know wrong from right...
Ultimate Warrior

Postby The 13th Nightmare » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:22 am

I wish I could have went to seen it, but for various reasons I couldn't. I really hope that it does get a U.K. release in the cinemas. I love horror movies, and this is one that I would love to see up on the big screen
Heaven Doesn't Want Me Because I'm Too Evil. And Hell Doesn't Want Me Because They Are Afraid I'll Take Over
My Twitter
The 13th Nightmare

Return to General discussion