Monsterboard

New Costumes Again?!

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

New Costumes Again?!

Postby joe » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:34 am

I was watching an interview with Lordi on YouTube and saw that they all have new costumes again! WHY DID THEY HAVE TO CHANGE THEM?! their old costumes (before Deadache) suited them so much more! Don't get me wrong I'm a HUGE Lordi fan and I'll always like them no matter how they look but their new look just doesn't feel right if you know what I mean.

Out of curiousity, I would like to hear other people's opinions on what they think suits Lordi more - the original Eurovision/Arockalypse costumes, or their new and somewhat disappionting Deadache look?
joe

Postby King » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:47 am

Well,

http://65.109.241.125/lordiforum/viewto ... 43fa740f82

I didn't like the new costumes so much first but I learned to like them. Now I think they are the best costumes they've ever had. ;)
I'm the carnivore Rex sinking fangs in your flesh!
King

Postby Radamsa » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:02 pm

*pat on head* You know.. You just have to get used to them. When I first saw them I hated them and thinked "What the hell happened to them? Who are they?" I was really disapointed the way they look (I'm not sure what did I even expect?)
But now that time has passed and I have seen them moving with those masks I have grown to love them. :) It is just matter of time..

Btw this is needless topic.
"This is the Arockalypse!...Back to you Sam."
"....wtf?"
Radamsa

Re: New Costumes Again?!

Postby Hemitys » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:22 pm

joe wrote: the original Eurovision/Arockalypse costumes, or their new and somewhat disappionting Deadache look?

Original? What about the costumes before The Arockalypse?
A Monster Heart Is A Hell To Tear Apart
Hemitys
Site Admin

Re: New Costumes Again?!

Postby Black Lady » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:46 pm

Hemitys wrote:
joe wrote: the original Eurovision/Arockalypse costumes, or their new and somewhat disappionting Deadache look?

Original? What about the costumes before The Arockalypse?

Yeah everyone has their favourite era of Lordi and it just takes time to get used to the new costumes.When i saw them i said:
"Oh holy crap!What did they do?I will never like these new costumes!"
But in fact i love them now and their savage!Just wait for a while and you'll get used to them.
The hardest decisions in life reap the biggest benefits. :) -Nikki Sixx
Black Lady

Postby Anthalerero » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:44 pm

with every new album there comes new costumes... that's the way it goes :wink:
~ Proud member of the Kalmageddon Order ~

Never let them see behind the mask at all
The icon must never ever fall

*** ALL HAIL THE FREAKS!!! ***
Anthalerero

Postby Helter Skelter » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:28 pm

Anthalerero wrote:with every new album there comes new costumes... that's the way it goes :wink:

Yeah,that's the way the cookie crumbles,and that's the way Lordi fans crumble.The new costumes are radical :?
Helter Skelter

Postby Nazgul » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:31 pm

Helter Skelter wrote:
Anthalerero wrote:with every new album there comes new costumes... that's the way it goes :wink:

Yeah,that's the way the cookie crumbles,and that's the way Lordi fans crumble.The new costumes are radical :?

I like the new costumes except Awa's
Nazgul

Postby Anthalerero » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:56 pm

Helter Skelter wrote:

radical? i don't think so... the costume changes between monsterican dream and the arockalypse were radical - not just because of the new members, but especially if you look what happened to amen. You could hardly recognize him...
I don't think that the changes made with the new costumes are that big. It's just like other bands get new clothes...
~ Proud member of the Kalmageddon Order ~

Never let them see behind the mask at all
The icon must never ever fall

*** ALL HAIL THE FREAKS!!! ***
Anthalerero

Postby judge death » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:16 pm

Anthalerero wrote:
Helter Skelter wrote:

radical? i don't think so... the costume changes between monsterican dream and the arockalypse were radical - not just because of the new members, but especially if you look what happened to amen. You could hardly recognize him...
I don't think that the changes made with the new costumes are that big. It's just like other bands get new clothes...

There I can agree on: Look what happened between The monsterican dream and the arockalypse and you can say radical changes. :wink:
Amen changed a lot there. And so did Kita.

Nazgul: I thinked so to for some time ago but not anymore. :)
Her new costume is even better than the old one but I would want to see some changes on the face part.
sorry Awa. :oops:
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby monster girl » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:03 pm

:shock: how can people not love Awa's new face!?!?

in my mind, its prettier than the old one, i think she looks so much better!
Thanks Gohu!
monster girl

Postby judge death » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:47 am

monster girl wrote::shock: how can people not love Awa's new face!?!?

Yes, that is true and it is better but I think that the checks is too big, like on a fat and old women.(She is old but not fat)
Everything else is fantastic. :)
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby Linus » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:28 am

It's funny how different the outfits are from eachother. The "Get Heavy" outfits are like comic book characters; kinda fits the comic/80's rock sound. Now, on Deadache, they look like... really brutal? Dunno if the look fits their new songs though. :wink:

- Linus
Linus

Postby monster girl » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:40 am

judge death wrote:
monster girl wrote::shock: how can people not love Awa's new face!?!?

Yes, that is true and it is better but I think that the checks is too big, like on a fat and old women.(She is old but not fat)
Everything else is fantastic. :)

:roll: ok, i have to admit when i first saw it, thats what i thought.

but now im used to it, and personally, i think she looks more beautiful than ever! plus, in live performance pics, it looks less big (to me anyway :lol: )
Thanks Gohu!
monster girl

Postby The 13th Nightmare » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:48 am

When I first saw how Lordi looked, this was during the Arockalypse era, I was a bit unsure about them. I liked their music, just wasn't too keen on the costumes. But they grew on me. I was a little bit freaked out when I saw how some of them look now in the "Deadache" era costumes. But again they have grown on me
Heaven Doesn't Want Me Because I'm Too Evil. And Hell Doesn't Want Me Because They Are Afraid I'll Take Over
My Twitter
The 13th Nightmare

Postby Mooneyman » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:28 pm

I completely prefer the current costumes. They're a lot darker, and just look...fantastic, in my opinion. :lol:
And how can you NOT love Mr. Lordi's mutant reindeer heads, ex-roadie knees, and face-skin belt? :wink:

Also, Whey! First post. :D
Mooneyman

Postby Dezalene » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:51 pm

Mooneyman wrote:And how can you NOT love Mr. Lordi's mutant reindeer heads, ex-roadie knees, and face-skin belt? :wink:

Also, Whey! First post. :D

Holy crap THAT'S what those faces are? I just fell in love with this costume again. :lol:
~In November I lost my family. They took away all my friends and blamed insanity!~
New DA / Old DA
Dezalene

Postby Mooneyman » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:22 am

I remember seeing it in a video on youtube where they explained the new costumes. :lol:
'Yes, and...my kneepads here are ex-roadies...the ones who didn't know how to behave...'
Mooneyman

Postby NEMESIS666 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:50 am

normal latex dries and goes crusty after 5 years, maybe thats why they have to change them.. and pluss they would get really smelly after some time and i dont think u can wash latex ...can you??? on more question whats a roadie?? some one that travels with you or something??
NEMESIS666

Postby Shotgun Divorce » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:39 am

The Arockalypse costumes are my favorite but I like the Deadache Era costumes a lot, except Awa because it just doesn't look right to me :?
The age of ruin is upon us all, prayer is just a waste of your time. - Lordi (Kalmageddon)
Shotgun Divorce

Postby judge death » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:51 am

Shotgun Divorce wrote:The Arockalypse costumes are my favorite but I like the Deadache Era costumes a lot, except Awa because it just doesn't look right to me :?

It was so for me too in the beginning.
Now i think the Deadache costumes is better and Awa has her best costume to date. :D
judge death

Postby Narif » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:25 pm

First time when i saw the new costumes I said...WOW its cool expect Kita maaaan what are those horns on his head looks strange and his face is too simmetric but now I really like Kita's costume.
Thanks to Halfmetal Alchemist for my avatar and sig
Narif

Postby judge death » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:46 am

Narif wrote:First time when i saw the new costumes I said...WOW its cool expect Kita maaaan what are those horns on his head looks strange and his face is too simmetric but now I really like Kita's costume.

I also wonders what those horns are or what they are for? :)
I hope it isn´t as Kita said what they was. :lol:
judge death

Postby Good To Be Bad Girl » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:16 am

I think the new costumes are awesome! The previous ones looked too fake. Not so scary, and more toy-alike.. :P Too cute, or something.

The new ones makes them look more like monsters! Much more creepy! Much more real! Everytime I see them it makes me think of Freddy Krueger! And I think that's exactly what Mr. Lordi had in mind! :D
|Otus Vampire Trio| and |The Awesome Threesome| <3
Miss Banana Norway 2010 <3 || Trapped Bird, my monster-padawan! \,,/
Good To Be Bad Girl

Return to General discussion