Monsterboard

THE USA TOUR THREAD

Discussion about gigs

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:04 am

Great pics PenguinDude! so the first band was fixer?

Seems like you guys were even farther to the right, right by Amen!

I was dead center in the middle
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby PenguinDude » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:45 am

The band RIGHT before Lizzie Borden was fixer. I didn't see the band before that.
PenguinDude

Postby ILoveMonsters » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:08 am

I have to agree with what everyone said, it was a great show! It was definitely worth the trip. We were in the front against the barrier right in front of my favorite monster OX. I took 104 pix. We were really surprised when Sebastian Bach (wearing a KISS shirt) came in to watch the show and was standing next to us! I didn't catch the first band's name but I know they had "Cube" in the title, second was Fixer, then Lizzy, then Lordi.

Here are just a few:

Yes, I would love a monsterman!
OX Fan
ILoveMonsters

Postby McQuade » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:16 pm

Holy fucking shit! Sebastian Bach?!
Man, now I really wish I had been there.

I wonder if he was invited there by the band or if he was just in the neighbourhood so to speak and decided to check out the gig.

He was originally supposed to be a guest on The Arockalypse, but it didn't work out.
Hopefully they asked him to be on their next album this time.

I wish they would have played Chainsaw Buffet instead of ISIH though.
McQuade

Postby Doomality » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:50 pm

So, the USA tour is coming to a close, and I didn't get to go since they didn't come to my state. :? All of you who went: Describe the show in one paragraph please? :)
Doomality

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:41 pm

PenguinDude wrote:The band RIGHT before Lizzie Borden was fixer. I didn't see the band before that.

Ohh!! I'm such an idiot when it comes to band names.

Ok, here's how it went: The First band, Stolen Babies, I didn't like. The 2nd band Fixer I enjoyed.

Did you get to meet them?
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby PenguinDude » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:45 pm

Haha, Stolen Babies was not there, I don't know what you're talking about dude.

The 1st band I can't remember the name of, but it's supposedly 3 Hasidic Jewish guys, definitely not stolen babies :wink:
So it was them, Fixer, and Lizzie Borden, then Lordi.

I didn't see the 1st band, but I did see them packing up their stuff (thats how I'm EXTRA sure it wasn't S.B.). Fixer I thought was awesome. Lizzie Borden was cool, but a bit over the top (yes, even from a Lordi fan!).

And to the guy who asked for a paragraph summary, there's no need. I can do it in one word: awesome.
PenguinDude

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:04 pm

PenguinDude wrote:Haha, Stolen Babies was not there, I don't know what you're talking about dude.

The 1st band I can't remember the name of, but it's supposedly 3 Hasidic Jewish guys, definitely not stolen babies :wink:
So it was them, Fixer, and Lizzie Borden, then Lordi.

I didn't see the 1st band, but I did see them packing up their stuff (thats how I'm EXTRA sure it wasn't S.B.). Fixer I thought was awesome. Lizzie Borden was cool, but a bit over the top (yes, even from a Lordi fan!).

And to the guy who asked for a paragraph summary, there's no need. I can do it in one word: awesome.

Odd...the guys who I were talking to outside said it WAS stolen babies...but I could be wrong. Which I probably am..again :lol:
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Bowie » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:08 pm

Nightmare Wings Hell wrote:Oh man...that was one wild concert. :shock:

Well, best get to it. I drove to NYC in the worst possible traffic, but finally managed to make it to the Filmore. I stood outside in line, talking with another Lordi fan, when who do i see walking down the street? None other than Kita and Amen. I rush up to them, ask them how they are, and if they could possibly deliver my little pic I drew to Mr. Lordi. They said sure, no prob, and asked where the nearest record store was. I honestly replied: The only one I know of is the Virgin Megastore :lol:
As they left, the security people let us into the venue. Managed to get a sweet deadache t-shirt at a merch booth, saving my Arockalypse tshirt wear and tear :P

I managed to get first row, and almost immediately, the show started. I don't remember the first opening band, they were kind of a mix between alternative and numetal. Not too good of a band, not so good reception either. Next came Stolen Babies, and while I am not familiar with their music, they played rather well.

Next up was Lizzy Borden...and holy shit were they awesome. These guys
still have it in them after 20 years. The singer, Lizzy Borden really put on a hell of a show. During one song, he pretended to cut his tongue with an axe, and he spilled blood all over himself. He yelled out if we wanted blood. Of course, being the crazy individuals we are, we yelled out YEAH!! He then proceeded to smear the first rows faces with blood. Got my face covered in "blood", thankfully it washed out easily

So after that kickass concert...up come our favorite Monsters of all. I felt the "house shaking down to the core" from the audiences cries of happiness. Lordi started off with GGC, then to more of Deadache album material. A moshpit started during BRS, and Mr. Lordi threw out confetti at the end of the song from his prop bag he had. Needless to say, I caught some, only realizing that my hands were sticky with blood and the damn pieces of paper stuck to my hand. :P
Dont' remember all the songs, but the audience (especially me) were into Lordi a lot! Of course, all the basic props were there: wolf's head for BBTBTR, bat wings, chainsaw etc.

Then Lordi left.....came back to play ISIH...and in the middle of the song....JJ FUCKING French comes out and plays the solo!!!! I caught this on my camera and will be uploading it soon!!!!!!

Of course, they closed off with HRH *Mr. Lordi pointed at me when he sang: the true believers, though shall be saved* and for thunderous applause from the crowd. The audience was really into them :)
I managed to catch Amen's pic, and scurried away outside in hopes of catching the band. Sadly, they told us they wouldn't be out till another hour, cause they were getting out of costumes. I couldn't stay that long (and didn't want to harass he poor tired monsters either) so I just left for home, still happy I managed to see a kickass band live.

Mr. Lordi, if you read this, I hope you liked the pic!!!

Best regards
NWH

PS- Some pics I took!!

Image :lol:

Great report, NWH!!! Any chance anyone remembering the set list?? :roll:
Bowie

Postby PenguinDude » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:38 pm

Yea, stolen babies left the tour after cleveland, apparently.

And as for setlist... uh. In no particular order:
Off of Arockalypse:
Bringing Back the Balls
It Snows In Hell
Who's Your Daddy?
HRH
They Only Come Out at Night

Off Deadache:
Girls Go Chopping
Bite It Like a Bulldog
Monsters Keep Me Company
Man Skin Boods
Dr Sin Is In
The Devil Hides Behind her Smile

Other:
Devil is a Loser
Would You Love a Monsterman
Blood Red Sandman

And then some soloing by each member in between.
PenguinDude

Postby Pepsi! » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:57 am

aww... you got to hear It Snows In Hell, I really wanted to hear that... that and Evilyn are the two I wanted to hear that they didn't do...
And Stolen Babies did leave the tour after Cleveland, they said that was their last nite with the tour, and Lordi said so, too.
I rather liked them, they have a female vocalist and she has an awesome voice...
I don't want to be an angel
I just want to be God

Pepsi!

Location: Bored in the USA... Sex/Age: Female/Prolly older 'n you

Postby Onieo » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:44 am

I loved that Mr. Lordi said that Stolen Babies 'definitely weird us out' and that it was the first time a younger band had done so.
Onieo

Postby ILoveMonsters » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:58 am

McQuade wrote:Holy fucking shit! Sebastian Bach?!
Man, now I really wish I had been there.

I wonder if he was invited there by the band or if he was just in the neighbourhood so to speak and decided to check out the gig.

He was originally supposed to be a guest on The Arockalypse, but it didn't work out.
Hopefully they asked him to be on their next album this time.

I wish they would have played Chainsaw Buffet instead of ISIH though.

I'm pretty sure SB lives in the area, so I guess he could have popped in. It's hard to tell through the costumes, but OX looked surprised when he spotted him in the crowd. He did point SB out to Mr. L and Amen.
OX Fan
ILoveMonsters

Postby jest_the_tainted » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:25 am

aw thats so sic! lol
must be a kick ass feeling when you play and see a legen watching your pand preform. ha i'd shitmyself if i was doing a show and saw chris fehn or someone in the crowd! lol

i love all the photos im glad u all had a great time!
True Gods Wear Masks
jos näet sen mielesi sinun pidä sitä kädessäsi
"raise hell in heaven"-L
jest_the_tainted

Postby Bowie » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:42 pm

I haven't seen this link being posted, at least not in this thread. It's HRH in New York.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1FGkusA ... re=related
Bowie

Postby Counterfeit God » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:30 am

I really wanted to make it to this tour, but getting robbed in Detroit on Devil's Night prevented me from going to the NYC show as I planned. Oh well, Maybe they'll be back. I did see them 4 times the first year they came to this country so I'll be able to hold out.
Counterfeit God

Postby udo4accept » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:53 am

man, i just did not have the time or money to do the 6 1/2 hour each way drive to see lordi! hopefully they come back and hit some different cities.
I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol
udo4accept

Postby Miss_Cyn » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:29 am

I was lucky enough to go to the concert in Chicago, and even though i wasn't able to take pics, i have to say that the whole experience was definately better than sex! :twisted:

Lizzy Borden was kick-ass as well!
Darkness disguised as the morning light since 1987. :)
Miss_Cyn

Postby jest_the_tainted » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:03 am

i been hearing some roumers that they would be hitting the US this summer/fall

any ideas to this being true? if so that would kick MAJOR ASS!

i really hope its true. :P
True Gods Wear Masks
jos näet sen mielesi sinun pidä sitä kädessäsi
"raise hell in heaven"-L
jest_the_tainted

Postby judge death » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:47 am

jest_the_tainted wrote:i been hearing some roumers that they would be hitting the US this summer/fall

any ideas to this being true? if so that would kick MAJOR ASS!

i really hope its true. :P

It is a rumor which started somewhere around after the tour they did in December. And in an interview with Lordi he said they maybe would do a new tour this autumn or late summer. So it is very likely they will do a tour in USA sometime this year. :)
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby Erina » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:47 pm

ILoveMonsters wrote:

I love this!
latua oon lesbo
Erina

Postby sven » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:59 pm

HalfmetalAlchemist wrote:[color=darkred]This is so fucking awesome. I cannot believe they are finally coming to America!!
why finally? they were there last year.
sven

Postby HalfmetalAlchemist » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:52 pm

sven wrote:
HalfmetalAlchemist wrote:[color=darkred]This is so fucking awesome. I cannot believe they are finally coming to America!!
why finally? they were there last year.

...I know.. that post is two years old.
:.I love Kita.:
~On October 23, 2007, my Monsterican Dream came true~
HalfmetalAlchemist

Location: Pigeon Forge, TN, America Sex/Age - F/21 DOB - 9/30/92

Postby Angel Of Death » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:05 am

-Miss Killjoy- wrote:
ILoveMonsters wrote:

I love this!

that's one of my favorite pics of Amen too :D
such a naughty mummy xD
Angel Of Death

Postby ILoveMonsters » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:46 am

Glad you guys like that pic, my hubby took that pic. That's my hand, lol.
OX Fan
ILoveMonsters

PreviousNext

Return to Gigs