Monsterboard

Why do we love our Monsters?

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Why do we love our Monsters?

Postby Anthalerero » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:50 pm

The title says it all... as the discussion appeared in the Album topic, we should make a separate topic out of it.

So, write here WHY you love Lordi. The Music, the costumes, the whatever-it-is? What is the most special thing for you in lordi, that really caught you?
~ Proud member of the Kalmageddon Order ~

Never let them see behind the mask at all
The icon must never ever fall

*** ALL HAIL THE FREAKS!!! ***
Anthalerero

Re: Why do we love our Monsters?

Postby kruegerguy » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:13 pm

The creativity and the theatrics mostly, as well as the dark horror themes.
A lot of people claim that stupid people annoy them, not me. I find them amusing.Image
kruegerguy

Postby tsark » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:31 pm

I love the band for their passion and devotion to putting on a damn good show for everyone involved, including themselves! :lol:
tsark

Postby Joni Master » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:20 pm

Horror look and great music. And because they are diffrent than other bands. But mostly I became fan when I see Monsterman video in 2002. I think I love more look than music, because I wouldnt became fan if they wouldnt look diffrent than others. :)
Joni Master

Postby BloodRedSandgirl » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:06 pm

Aww this topic :D I love them for many reasons; First of all, the music is perfect. It's somehow 80's (what I love..) and still it has the horror-feeling in it. Just perfect. And the masks. (what masks..) It's just so admirable that they are not like anyone else.. And that they are so proud of it. Also Lordi was my first band what I officially started liking, and without them, I wouldn't know maybe any of these bands what I listen nowadays.
Ya better pucker up, and open wide, and take it cause we love you
BloodRedSandgirl

Postby M.H » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:37 pm

Monsters and 80's heavy metal and hard rock. Lyrics..
I cannot explain any more :D
M.H

Postby Sooophie » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:20 pm

Well. I had a crush on the band because they're somehow "the musical perfection" for me. They're everything I can expect from a band from a musical point of view. I can't say it with words but I just feel it. I love Hard Rock and 80's. Honestly I'm not really fan of the horror thing, but I think it's a great idea, the concept of the band itself is outstanding and exceptional. Lordi is an unique band and out of ordinary. I also like that each member has his own character with its own story. Lordi's gigs are breathtaking, I mean, they don't just play the songs, the theatrical parts of the show are brilliant! Each member has its own special moment on stage, and it's important.

BloodRedSandgirl wrote:It's just so admirable that they are not like anyone else.. And that they are so proud of it.

I totally agree with you. I just didn't know how to write this. They're so special. This is Lordi.
Sooophie

Postby dark_havens » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:33 pm

FIrst of all (like everyone has said) the music. I think Lordi's music is very varied; there can be 'depressed' and beautiful ballads like Evilyn and happy and rhythmical 80's rock songs like Loud And Loaded. And, of course, the horror themes bring an awesome twist to their songs. Without the horror there wouldn't be Lordi. The lyrics are also very nice and clever, they fit the songs and the themes perfectly.
Second, the masks and the costumes. What can I say - they're incredible! :D They have lots and lots of details and they are made with passion and a great imagination. I couldn't create characters like that even in a hundred years! :D
Third, the PERSONALITY. I mean, there are many monster- and mask-bands in this world but none of them is like Lordi. None of them believe in their 'thing' with an attitude and will like that. The band members have faced a lot of hardships but they just fight and stand up and get going. I have learned so much from them and they have couraged me to really be who I want to be and to believe in myself. I seriously don't know where I would be without them. Plus, I have found so many other bands which are ones of my favourites now too because of them. I became a rocker and a metalhead by Lordi, of which I am sooo thankful now :)

So, that's why I love our Monsters :lol:
A mummified soul
dark_havens

Postby Fatal Error » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:54 am

I have loved them since the first time I heard their music. And I don't even really know why. I mean, yes, I was into heavier music even back then but something about Lordi was different. One thing is the looks, I've always liked monsters so it was clear that a band with great music and monsters will be my favourite. I also like how dedicated they are to the band. Lordi is the coolest band ever. No doubt.
Eerie, empty stares in dead eyes
Fatal Error

Postby Monsterlady38 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:39 pm

I love Lordi because they are unique in every way. Not many bands rely on their image as much as their music. I love how they dress up as monsters and their songs have a unique melody and beat to them.

When I first heard their music at the beginning of this year it sounded so much different than any other metal bands I was listening to. Lordi stands out alot by their image and music. I guess I just got absorbed into Lordi by their amazing music and image and I have been obsessed with Lordi ever since. :lol: Also when I heard Mr. Lordi's unique voice I felt the urge to sing again as much as I did in the past. I love to sing, so let's just say Mr. Lordi makes me want to sing again! :oops:
Last edited by Monsterlady38 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Honey honey lemme hug you like a spider, honey honey lemme give you evil love
Honey honey lemme kiss you like a viper, open up your heart, receive my evil love"

Blog | Instagram | FB | Lordi Army NA
Monsterlady38

Postby Rosalie » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:46 pm

Over the years I've known about Lordi, my reasons for loving them have changed a lot. When I was 6-8 I loved them because they scared everyone I knew, even the boys, and I loved the feeling of not being scared of things. When I was 8-11 I loved them because of their music style and dress style and in this moment of time I love them because they're different. Also, Awa has inspired me to play piano and keyboards and now I can play all the songs on the Arockalypse, Rebirth of the Countess, Magistra Nocte and Evilyn :D
Hey YOU
Yeah, you reading this.
If you ever feel sad then remember you are a fabulous and majestic unicorn-cabbage.
And your face is nice.
And you should smile more because you look amazing when you smile.
Rosalie

Postby Missing Miss Cali » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:20 pm

Rosalie wrote: I can play all the songs on the Arockalypse, Rebirth of the Countess, Magistra Nocte and Evilyn :D

:shock: How did you find time for learning all of those songs!?
And I wish you well in hell
Missing Miss Cali

Return to General discussion