Monsterboard

Give It Up For SPACE INVADER

Go here when you want to talk about something that has nothing to do with LORDI.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Give It Up For SPACE INVADER

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:32 pm

Ace Frehley is back and he told you so. Who has heard this incredible solo album?

Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Re: Give It Up For SPACE INVADER

Postby Monsta » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:04 am

I've only heard three songs from this one. Gimme' a feelin' was alright, the titletrack and The Joker however were really dull and lame to be honest. I will ofcourse give the full album a shot when the time is right. I love Ace, however I feel like he (just as Paul Stanley) musically has lost a lot, especially when it comes to singing. Anomaly was pretty good though!
Monsta

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:16 am

Monsta wrote:I love Ace, however I feel like he (just as Paul Stanley) musically has lost a lot, especially when it comes to singing.

I can't really say Ace has lost a lot in terms of singing because that would mean he had anything to lose in the first place. :P But I mean Ace has first and foremost always been a guitarist. Sure he's not an amazing vocalist but he gets the job done - it's his guitar solos and song writing that are his strengths at the end of the day anyway. Besides, no matter how average of a vocalist Ace is he still sounds better than Paul Stanley has for the past couple of years. Never thought I'd see the day but there you go.
"I'm who I am and this is what I do!"
"In the name of the Lordi..."
Miss-Elodia is my naughty Lordi girl. <3
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby korovnikovd » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:47 am

In the title track, when I hear Spaaaace... I want to sing "and Wasted!" instead of "Invader". I can't be the only one.

Edit. One person asked me about what I meant, so listen to KISS' Young and Wasted. :wink:
korovnikovd

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:56 am

Did anyone catch and or/find George Jettson?
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby korovnikovd » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:12 pm

Nightmare Wings Hell wrote:Did anyone catch and or/find George Jettson?

Damn, I hardly listen to the long indtrumental tracks 'til the end. Had to listen to the album entirely because I couldn't bear not understanding what the hell you meant.

And... the starship landed on the sixth place of best rock albums 2014 according to Classic Rock. An opportunity to cold gin time again! :D
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/best-rock-albums-2014/
korovnikovd

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:16 am

korovnikovd wrote:
Nightmare Wings Hell wrote:Did anyone catch and or/find George Jettson?

Damn, I hardly listen to the long indtrumental tracks 'til the end. Had to listen to the album entirely because I couldn't bear not understanding what the hell you meant.

Speaking of Starship, am I the only one who was actually incredibly underwhelmed by it? I mean Fractured Quantum on the previous album is still my favorite instrumental track of all time, so to have a down-right masterpiece followed up by this... I mean it's not bad, per se, but it's just really... Well, as I said, underwhelming. And well, honestly kinda boring. A real shame too since the opening is pretty cool and I gotta admit, I did genuinely laugh out loud at "Did anybody see George Jettson?" at the end the first time I listened to it. Goddamn it, Ace. :lol:
"I'm who I am and this is what I do!"
"In the name of the Lordi..."
Miss-Elodia is my naughty Lordi girl. <3
MarkusHasADeadache

Return to Miscellaneous babbling