Monsterboard

Lordi Documentary coming out 2014

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Re: Lordi Documentary coming out 2014

Postby korovnikovd » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:57 pm

ksco wrote:Aaaaaaand the best thing of this movie is that Kita is cut off :D XD ehhh... stupid director. He thinks there's no members in Lordi before 2010 or what? Or Kita just don't wanna be a part of this movie but why? It would be weird if it's Kita's choice.

He's very j*bany and uroda. But actually now I think he just didn't want to confuse people by showing one more past member.

Or the film was so bad Kita decided to run away? :lol:

http://cs624328.vk.me/v624328792/1f9dc/pL62lO5AkAw.jpg
korovnikovd

Postby ksco » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:28 pm

Dima I think this 2nd thing :lol: He just predicted how this movie will sucks :D Anyway, if this jebany and uroda director would be created a movie like a band wanted then it would can be a really nice movie :D cuz the last 10-15 mins (SPOILER: creating Schizo Doll, Hella and Mana wearing their masks first time, concerts, studio working) are awesome and makes me smile on my face so much :D
ksco

Postby Maddy » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:25 am

Oh c'mon, give this movie at least some credit, it's not that bad.
I mean, I didn't understand too much (I watched it without subtitles) but still, I thought it was quite nice to see all this. Of course it would have been so much cooler to see all that stuff that everyone was hoping for, but no can do.
At least those last 15 minutes will make everyone smile who's watching! :)

But the thing about Kita is indeed weird. I wonder who decided that it should be like this.

Hope that there will be more like that in the future. (That would be the perfect idea for Scarchieves Vol. II.)
Sacred and Wild.

Postby Jere S » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:53 am

-
Last edited by Jere S on Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jere S

Postby anushka » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:50 pm

So my DVD finally arrived to Czech. What to say? For me it was quite interesting to see also not only the highlights of having/beeing in the band. This part about Otus... yeah, I was crying during whole this part :( Interesting information was also that The Drummer was supposed to be real band member not just the replacement for a while. I enjoyed how Hella and Mana were trying the masks for the first time and also the end with pictures from live shows (Masters of Rock, weehee :lol: ).
Summary: Even I feel a lot of depression from the movie I enjoyed it. But how it was already said: I need more backstage/studio/live videos. Please, release it somehow in the future :D
"Hella's Forsaken Dolls Team"
anushka

Location: In Monsterland with my only one egyptian god ^^// Czech rep., F28

Postby Isa » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:13 pm

anushka wrote:The Drummer was supposed to be real band member not just the replacement for a while.

Thank you, had once a big convo with someone about that point. You spare on big L to get asked same questions again

Monsterboy, I was right
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby Sooophie » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:35 pm

I watched the documentary for the first time yesterday and well, I honestly don't know what to think about it, it's just a pity that it mainly shows the "dark side" and "depression" of Lordi and of course like most of you here I'm frustrated because of the absent material which seemed pretty cool. I sincerely hope it will be released in the future! That would be so awesome! :twisted: :mrgreen:

In my opinion, the whole thing was very emotional. I actually didn't know about all the struggles. The most emotional and saddest part was about Otus :cry: . Oh, I actually disliked the footage about Awa. I think the documentary somehow gives her a bad image because she's only shown as a pissed band member who has had enough of being in the band, I mean, after watching the documentary, we can wonder if she has ever been happy in Lordi? :roll: they shouldn't have shown only that part when she was about to leave the band because she couldn't take it anymore. What about her in The Arockalypse and Deadache eras? I think the director wanted to show her as she gets free and relieved after leaving Lordi. Anyway, showing her face as she gets free was disrespectful. :|

Anyway, the good point is that I admire Mr Lordi more and more (even though I already admired him so much before watching it). He's such a true artist, a genius. :D
Sooophie

Postby kappe » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:26 pm

Sooophie wrote: Oh, I actually disliked the footage about Awa. I think the documentary somehow gives her a bad image because she's only shown as a pissed band member who has had enough of being in the band, I mean, after watching the documentary, we can wonder if she has ever been happy in Lordi?

Exactly same thoughts as I had when I watched the documentary for the first time.
kappe

Postby Monsta » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:30 pm

The film will get its swedish release on May 11th with a hideous cover: Image
Monsta

Postby korovnikovd » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:45 pm

Well they don't even have the band logo, lol. Looks like a bootleg cover.
korovnikovd

Postby Monsta » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:46 pm

korovnikovd wrote:Well they don't even have the band logo, lol. Looks like a bootleg cover.

Nope. It's official. (I also highly doubt someone would ever feel the urge to make a swedish bootleg of a finnish documentary which was pretty much a commercial failure in the theatres). http://www.ginza.se/product/lordi-monsterman/336517/
Monsta

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:16 pm

Monsta wrote:
korovnikovd wrote:Well they don't even have the band logo, lol. Looks like a bootleg cover.

Nope. It's official. (I also highly doubt someone would ever feel the urge to make a swedish bootleg of a finnish documentary which was pretty much a commercial failure in the theatres). http://www.ginza.se/product/lordi-monsterman/336517/

I doubt the band has had much if any involvement with the distribution of the movie after the whole debacle during the time of its release. It would explain the more or less half-assed cover.
"I'm who I am and this is what I do!"
"In the name of the Lordi..."
Miss-Elodia - my naughty Lordi girl. <3
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Isa » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:09 pm

The band logo is propriety of band so if band doesn't accept that it get used they can't use it. Can also be they simply didn't ask
Isa

Postby Mena » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:53 pm

Btw the documentary will be shown May 9th at the DOXA Documentary Film Festival in Vancouver, Canada: Blabbermouth: Lordi documentary Monsterman to receive international premiere at DOXA festival
this blood in my veins runs cold when I think it'll never be the same
Mena

Postby Monsta » Sat May 02, 2015 11:02 pm

The documentary will be shown in Sweden on SVT2 21.05 16th of May. I assume it's been trimmed down for TV since it's only 60 minutes. What's the original length of the movie?
Monsta

Postby Isa » Sat May 02, 2015 11:14 pm

85 min
Isa

Postby Monsta » Tue May 12, 2015 1:04 pm

Another trailer for the movie which I absolutely adore: http://www.svt.se/k-special/lordi-monsterpojken-1
Monsta

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Tue May 12, 2015 3:02 pm

Monsta wrote:Another trailer for the movie which I absolutely adore: http://www.svt.se/k-special/lordi-monsterpojken-1

That's not a trailer actually - that's the opening scene of the movie. :P
"I'm who I am and this is what I do!"
"In the name of the Lordi..."
Miss-Elodia - my naughty Lordi girl. <3
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Monsta » Tue May 12, 2015 11:17 pm

MarkusHasADeadache wrote:
Monsta wrote:Another trailer for the movie which I absolutely adore: http://www.svt.se/k-special/lordi-monsterpojken-1

That's not a trailer actually - that's the opening scene of the movie. :P

Oh. Well. :lol: Haven't seen the movie itself yet so I didn't know.
Monsta

Postby ksco » Sat May 23, 2015 11:25 pm

Now when I saw the movie in polish language I can tell that if someone who dunno Lordi is watching this then can think that Lordi isn't a present band already, like Lordi is closed. Cuz so many drama is there.. and well interesting things for me were the scenes with The Drummer and in Sony BMG before they go to Nashville 2nd time, eurovision was a bad idea? I don't think so cuz of that reason they became famous in all Europe and other countries too. I think a half of us here know their cuz of eurovision, maybe we would saw their later somewhere on YT or who knows where or maybe no
ksco

Postby Isa » Sun May 24, 2015 8:34 am

Eurovision had it's bad side too but I have impress that in documentary they only show those and choose do pretty not talk of good one.

Also documentary is more orientated Finland and when it's about them ESC did more worst on band then good. When it's about rest of europe it is different but here was more show finnish side.
Isa

Postby judge death » Tue May 26, 2015 11:04 pm

Monsta wrote:The film will get its swedish release on May 11th with a hideous cover: Image

Lol Lordis face is like: What the hell have you done, look to it! :lol:
Horrible cover for it.
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby Milred Sandman » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:01 am

Mr.Lordi tells his mother in the documentary that there are two people that has died in the band... But, isn't Otus the only one? If you don't believe me, check out round 37:30 minutes into the documentary. :roll:

''My Monsters Keep Me Company''
Milred Sandman

Postby kappe » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:42 am

There was the same conversation on Finnish discussion too. And that other person who died could be Bill Aucoin.
kappe

Previous

Return to General discussion