Monsterboard

10th Lordi album

Discussion about record, singles, videos, comic book etc.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Re: 10th Lordi album

Postby monsterboy » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:58 pm

Since the album has 70's vibes and has recordings on analogue tapes, it would be very cool if the album also would be released on cassette. :)
(Session) Drummer Ash

"Just support the band that you dig.
That´s your "job", That's what makes the rockmachine rolling
".
- Mr. L

I LOVE OTUS! Proud to be a Lordi fan!
monsterboy

Postby monsterboy » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:02 pm

Pre-sales have began! http://afmrec.de/Killection
(Sadly) no cassettes, but they do have some very awesome vinyl's and some other cool thingies! :shock: :D
(Session) Drummer Ash

".
- Mr. L

monsterboy

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:48 am

monsterboy wrote:Pre-sales have began! http://afmrec.de/Killection
(Sadly) no cassettes, but they do have some very awesome vinyl's and some other cool thingies! :shock: :D

Pre-ordered the boxset and the picture disc LP. I mean I couldn't care less about the lunchbox and spork, but that comic book is a must-have.
"I'm who I am and this is what I do!"
"In the name of the Lordi..."
Miss-Elodia - my naughty Lordi girl. <3
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby ksco » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:58 pm

Unfortunately expected smth bigger for the boxset as it is 10th anniversary of Lordi albums. The Box itself as lunchbox? it's just so poor, I can use the box from SFO as lunchbox too lol. Spork and comicbook... comicbook can be really cool but it's only thing which is good in this boxset. So we have only two things there: spork and comicbook (lunchbox doesn't count to me cuz it's just a box with spork and comicbook inside). Let's see, the last boxset had: 5 individual singed pics of band members, tinplate with photo band (which I don't understand why it wasn't as poster but okay still it's cool), sexorcism patch and behind the scenes pics, so we had 4 different things (or 8 if we count individual pics seperate). So this time it's really poor, for me even better would be a bundles like on To Beast era, it was really cool to get a t-shirt with CD in really good price.
ksco

Postby Salem » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:53 pm

ksco wrote:it was really cool to get a t-shirt with CD in really good price.

I really miss these. Too bad they stopped doing those after SFO-era.
The lunchbox and spork-thing reminds me of that silly EMP-exclusive slime box we got in Monstereophonic-era. The comic book is obviously the main attraction here, but the rest of it seems random.
Salem

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:57 pm

Salem wrote:The lunchbox and spork-thing reminds me of that silly EMP-exclusive slime box we got in Monstereophonic-era. The comic book is obviously the main attraction here, but the rest of it seems random.

The fact that the items in the boxset don't really seem to tie in with the theme of the album makes me think it's probably AFM or a separate team putting together releases like this. I remember Mr. L saying that was the case with SFO anyway. Though I will say a lunchbox makes much more sense as a merch item than the slime that came with Monstereophonic since there is actually a history of bands like KISS having lunch boxes back in the 70s and 80s. I'd just prefer the box to actually have proper artwork or a picture of the band, and to not be that hideous shade of blue. :P
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby alalitsches » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:52 pm

My first thoughts were, that this was an idea by AFM. Mr.Lordi would be much more creative in creating a boxset and coming up with little details fitting to the concept.

I hope that the digipack and booklet itself will fit to the topic. As Mr.L is my favourite art painter (not because it's him, I just love his style of painting) I hope that the booklet contains some paintings this time again. Maybe the fictional album covers where the 'hit singles' are from. And painted costumes from those fictional eras.
alalitsches

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:01 pm

alalitsches wrote:I hope that the booklet contains some paintings this time again. Maybe the fictional album covers where the 'hit singles' are from. And painted costumes from those fictional eras.

That would be amazing! It would be a lot of work to execute so I don't know how likely it is, but regardless.
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Monsta » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:15 pm

ksco wrote:Unfortunately expected smth bigger for the boxset as it is 10th anniversary of Lordi albums.

Would you care to explain that math ...? In 2020 Get Heavy will celebrate its 18th birthday.

I've never been too fond of any of their box sets to be honest, whether they include slime, sporks och kitchen aprons. It does at time seems a bit sloppy in how it's been put together (which I absolutely get that it might be an AFM issue and nothing to blame the band for) The vinyls look really sweet though, I like the KISS reference on the picture vinyl. So far so pumped about this album!
Monsta

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:41 pm

Monsta wrote:I like the KISS reference on the picture vinyl.

Oh wow, I didn't even notice until you pointed that out. :o Hats off to you for picking up on that!
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Ida » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:43 pm

MarkusHasADeadache wrote:
Salem wrote:The lunchbox and spork-thing reminds me of that silly EMP-exclusive slime box we got in Monstereophonic-era. The comic book is obviously the main attraction here, but the rest of it seems random.

The fact that the items in the boxset don't really seem to tie in with the theme of the album makes me think it's probably AFM or a separate team putting together releases like this. I remember Mr. L saying that was the case with SFO anyway. Though I will say a lunchbox makes much more sense as a merch item than the slime that came with Monstereophonic since there is actually a history of bands like KISS having lunch boxes back in the 70s and 80s. I'd just prefer the box to actually have proper artwork or a picture of the band, and to not be that hideous shade of blue. :P

While it may or may not be bands fault, sometimes even for a label I'd say that less is more. If they can't figure out a proper boxset, then don't do one all in all, to be honest. Works fine for other bands.
Swedish Lordi Crew
In Memorian - Kita|||Otus Vampire Trio|
Ida
B.A. Nana

Postby Isa » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:38 pm

I saw it in a more pratical way with ask myself if box were plastic or Inox. 'cos if it is in Inox, well I'm not against have zero waste stuff with Lordi on it :mrgreen:
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:59 pm

I already pre-ordered two editions of Killection from AFM. Then I found out Record Shop X is selling the album with an exclusive tote bag designed by Mr. Lordi. So now I've pre-ordered three editions. :mrgreen:
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Isa » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:26 pm

They also sell the vinyl with the bag.

Personally I will not take it because

Box by EMP Belgium 38,99€. By Record Shop X 64,99€ with bag
Vinyl EMP 27,99€ Record Shop X 49,99€ with bag

That would be a very expensive tote bag. So yeah ok probably limited and a design of L but still
Isa

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:16 pm

^ They do sell the tote bag with every edition of the album - CD, vinyl and boxset. Pre-ordered the CD with the tote bag myself which costs 27,99€. The picture disc vinyl and boxset I already ordered through AFM.
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Rockman » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:58 am

New single has been released! SHAKE THE BABY SILENT!

Very Rob Zombie-like track. Little bit of 70's disco. I like it, can't wait for the whole album!
Rockman

Postby Isa » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:25 am

I wait it to be officially release by the band for listen to it

It's my principle, not post by band mean not official. If not official then by respect I wait it to be official
Isa

Postby alalitsches » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:46 am

So ... one of the 90's songs first... Great riff, great rhythm but the rest... I don't know. The chorus is a big let down for me. I hope the rest of the album has more backing vocal harmonies, I don't like how they only shout 'shake!'. Very short lyrics again, another thing that I'm not a big fan of. At the beginning I thought, Wow, this 90's thing got me but it lost me very early afterwards. That's the first first single I don't really like since... no, that's the first first single ever I don't really like.
alalitsches

Postby monsterboy » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:01 pm

Isa wrote:I wait it to be officially release by the band for listen to it

It's my principle, not post by band mean not official. If not official then by respect I wait it to be official

Now it's official :wink:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMsmJW0f67w
(Session) Drummer Ash

".
- Mr. L

monsterboy

Postby Salem » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:06 pm

The melody got me hooked right off the bat. I really love the vocals too. How very Rob Zombie-ish. The lyrics however are the song's weak point for me. I was really hoping for a coherent story of some monster baby tormenting its parents or something like that.
Overall it's not even close to their best offerings, but it got me more hyped for the new album, and it grows on me a bit more with every listen. Catchy as hell too. Maybe I'm just easy to please.
Salem

Postby Monsta » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:47 pm

Yeah it absolutely feels like Rob Zombie, almost like a rendition of "Superbeast". Not so close so that it sounds like a rip-off but perhaps a bit too close for it to feel completely original (perhaps this is the point with the whole album though?). I also really do like Rob Zombie a lot so I can't complain that much. It's got a nice, punchy groove and I like the industrial themes. The lyrics are nosensical but pretty fun. I've never been too fond of Mr Lordi's "Udo"-screams though, and I think they drag the song down a bit in the part leading up to the chorus.

If this would be the first single of a "regular" Lordi album, I'd be a bit more worried. Considering we'll supposedly get so many different styles of music on this one, it's a welcome addition to their catalogue and a nice one-off into industrial metal. I wouldn't want a whole album consisting of it though - I like the more classic 80s style melodic Lordi. But it's a fun song, no doubt!
Last edited by Monsta on Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monsta

Postby alalitsches » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:53 pm

I'm curious who producer of this track is. They didn't tell us yet, right?
alalitsches

Postby Sexorcism18 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:04 pm

It's a good song, but not the best lordi. I feel like the chorus is a little bit too repetitive and generic. I like the old school sound of the song and it has that industrial metal vibe too.
Sexorcism18

Postby alalitsches » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:26 am

What do you think what the countdown on Instagram means? Next single already next week? Can't imagine that... Or will we get one single from every decade? Cause album release is so far away. Usually they released their first single a month before the release.
alalitsches

Postby Isa » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:51 pm

alalitsches wrote:What do you think what the countdown on Instagram means? Next single already next week? Can't imagine that... Or will we get one single from every decade? Cause album release is so far away. Usually they released their first single a month before the release.

Maybe a video clip
Isa

PreviousNext

Return to Releases