Monsterboard

THE USA TOUR THREAD

Discussion about gigs

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby supercreeps » Sat May 12, 2007 11:11 am

BulletViper wrote:
pelle12 wrote:I just watched an interview with Mr. Lordi and Awa on Finnish TV. They told how excited they were about their American gigs. Esp. Awa seemed to be over the moon and looking forward to their next gigs.

hopefully someone will put it on YouTube cuz i wanna c it :wink:

I hope someone will, but it was completely in Finnish and everytime Mr. Lordi or Awa spoke , the camera shot their waistline.( The monsters have a policy of not speaking Finnish).
supercreeps

Postby Kennel » Sat May 12, 2007 2:55 pm

They also mentioned that coming to US was like coming home because Lordi is "as American band as Finnish band can be". Seems that conquering America is clearly their primary objective now.
Kennel

Postby supercreeps » Sat May 12, 2007 3:18 pm

Kennel wrote:They also mentioned that coming to US was like coming home because Lordi is "as American band as Finnish band can be". Seems that conquering America is clearly their primary objective now.

Tht's right. Mr. Lordi said he thought the Americans have a more accurate perception what Lordi is all about than the the Europeans. It's like coming home. The most American Finnish band coming to America, home.
supercreeps

Postby Andreeuh » Sat May 12, 2007 4:45 pm

It seems like they're getting a pretty good amount of promotion here! Oh and don't forget to get your FREE Ozzfest tickets today at 12:00 noon eastern time!!

Lisa, are you coming to the WPB show??
you took too much man, you took too much, too much
Andreeuh

Postby Lisa » Sat May 12, 2007 11:40 pm

Andreeuh wrote:It seems like they're getting a pretty good amount of promotion here! Oh and don't forget to get your FREE Ozzfest tickets today at 12:00 noon eastern time!!

Lisa, are you coming to the WPB show??

Free Ozzfest tickets at NOON?!? I thought it was June 12?!?! EEEEEKKKKKK *runs*

Oh, yes I am going to WPB show!!! :D :D :D
Lisa

Postby Lisa » Sun May 13, 2007 12:00 am

Last edited by Lisa on Sun May 13, 2007 12:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lisa

Postby Lisa » Sun May 13, 2007 12:01 am

supercreeps wrote:
Kennel wrote:They also mentioned that coming to US was like coming home because Lordi is "as American band as Finnish band can be". Seems that conquering America is clearly their primary objective now.

Tht's right. Mr. Lordi said he thought the Americans have a more accurate perception what Lordi is all about than the the Europeans. It's like coming home. The most American Finnish band coming to America, home.

That's cause we know how to rock over here... heh heh... then again, I think Europeans do too, I mean shit, alot of awesome bands have come from overseas and the fans over there are into great music enough so that it's still popular over there and they get lots of great shows/tours... I think the U.S. might have more of the bands that dress up or use alot of props onstage maybe? Not sure... don't quote me on that if i'm wrong... :)

Andreeuh: Thanx for the Ozzfest info... holy shit, I woulda never stopped back to look until June 12th if you hadn't posted that!!! I got my codes, I think I gotta get 3 codes tho because I'm going to 3 Ozzfests... Aug 16th in Holmdel, NJ , Aug 24th in PA, then Aug. 30th in WPB...

I'm wondering if the "free tickets" are just going to be lawn seats? Do you think they'll be pit tickets??? I will pay regular price if I have to but I wanna see Lordi front row, ya know??? :) I don't particularly WANT to go to a bunch of Ozzfest shows cause I don't want to wait around all day outside and sweat my balls off and fight through crowds, but their headlining gigs in Philly and Baltimore just happen to have an Ozzfest before or after it and I figure if I'm already flying into those towns, if I get a free Ozzfest ticket then I may as well go, ya know?
Lisa

Postby Andreeuh » Sun May 13, 2007 3:21 am

DAMN.. so far you'll be seeing 6 Lordi shows? 1 at bamboozle,
2 headlining, and 3 ozzfest?? I'm sure you'll have plenty attempts to redeem yourself with the members! haha :D

Yea, I wish they would be more explicit about the free tickets.. I would rather pay full price and get a great seat than get some crappy lawn seat that's miles away. At the WPB amphitheatre the seats are reallyyy far.. I also wish I knew exactly when Lordi was playing so I could escape the bullshit bands! Jeph and I still aren't sure whether or not we're going to go to that Chicago show. Hmm..
Andreeuh

Postby Lisa » Sun May 13, 2007 3:43 am

Andreeuh wrote:DAMN.. so far you'll be seeing 6 Lordi shows? 1 at bamboozle,
2 headlining, and 3 ozzfest?? I'm sure you'll have plenty attempts to redeem yourself with the members! haha :D

Yea, I wish they would be more explicit about the free tickets.. I would rather pay full price and get a great seat than get some crappy lawn seat that's miles away. At the WPB amphitheatre the seats are reallyyy far.. I also wish I knew exactly when Lordi was playing so I could escape the bullshit bands! Jeph and I still aren't sure whether or not we're going to go to that Chicago show. Hmm..

I went to the Ozzfest forums and found an FAQ there... it says the tickets are on a "first come, first serve" basis... that includes reserved seating and lawn tickets... it did NOT specify anything about pit tickets in front of the reserved seats tho... hmmmmm... makes me wonder if that info was left out on PURPOSE as THOSE tickets might be available only to PAYING customers, or, if I'm just reading into it WAY too much and the seats available that were mentioned include pit seats... but eh, it said 'reserved seats' and 'lawn', no mention of pit...

And I tell ya what... I am getting pit seats, fuck the reserved seating crap and lawn bullshit for pussies!!! No!!! Especially if I am going another thousand miles I better get up front... I can't take a week off of work so I have to fly up to PA on the 16th, then fly home on Saturday, then fly back up again the following Thursday for MD... :( Definitely worth it tho...

Man if I could somehow finagle more shows, I would... I'm a helpless concert junkie with no interest in rehab... but I think that'll be it for my Lordi shows until they hit the states again... I hope they do awesome this summer and maybe come back in the Spring for their own U.S. tour, ya know??? That would be awesome...

So yeah, that's all I learned about the Ozzfest tickets... if pit seats are $100 a pop like the usually are after ticketbastard charges, then I might only be able to get a pit seat for ONE Ozzfest and deal with my reserved seats for the other two... SOOOOO frustrating I wish I knew what the situation with the pit tickets are... I'll be sooooooo damn bummed if I don't get up front... I'm sure I'll get up front for the Lordi-only shows but Ozzfest? Ehhhhhhhhh... might be tough... I might have to stomp on some people to get my way... :)
Lisa

Postby Lisa » Sun May 13, 2007 3:57 am

Andreeuh wrote:DAMN.. so far you'll be seeing 6 Lordi shows? 1 at bamboozle,

As for WHEN Lordi is going on, since doors are at noon I think it's safe to say you probably don't have to show until 5pm... but since Lordi is playing at the main stage, that stage will be stuffed with people all day, little bastards hanging onto the barricade for 7 hours so they can get front row for Ozzy, ya know? Might be tough to get up front if you show up late... that sucks... unless they are one of the first bands to go on the main stage, then alot of people will still be milling around... I know what you mean tho... we were lucky at Bamboozle cause there were 7 stages so the crowd was split 7 ways... we showed up just before the band before Lordi went on and we squished up front fairly easy...
Lisa

Postby BulletViper » Mon May 14, 2007 4:23 am

im getting at Ozzfest at like 5 in the morning and im gonna stay until the gates open so i can be one of the first ones to the pit at the main stage

screw the bands on the second stage

I'M GOING TO SEE LORDI

and when Lordi is done, I'm going home. I don't care about Ozzy
mary ^_^
BulletViper

Postby Lucinda » Mon May 14, 2007 4:46 am

BulletViper wrote:im getting at Ozzfest at like 5 in the morning and im gonna stay until the gates open so i can be one of the first ones to the pit at the main stage

I'M GOING TO SEE LORDI

Seriously, I have the same plan. XD I'm going early as all hell, going to stand out there rain or shine, get as close as I can, see LORDI, blow them many kisses (*ahem* :oops: ) and then get the hell outta there. :lol: I mean, there are other okay bands there, but I'm going to be there for one reason and one reason only...

Does anyone know exactly where we can get these ticket codes or whatever from?

Speaking of seating, its times like this when looking slightly crazy comes in handy... I doubt anyone will tell me to get out of their seat if I get angry... Nah, i wouldn't do that. But i will get as close as I can without getting caught.
Am I a demon with a heart, or an angel with no soul?
Lucinda

Postby Lisa » Mon May 14, 2007 4:47 am

BulletViper wrote:im getting at Ozzfest at like 5 in the morning and im gonna stay until the gates open so i can be one of the first ones to the pit at the main stage

I'M GOING TO SEE LORDI

Ah, but how do you know if you'll get a pit ticket? Sounds like they only have 'reserved seating' and 'lawn' seats available... I'm one of those anxious types who "NEEDS TO KNOW, NOW" kinda thing cause my trips usually involve some serious driving or airline tickets... bah, we all know what happened last time...

Ok here's a serious question for you guys... someone throw me an answer here...

Do you guys think those Lordi-only shows, the ones that were canceled from April/May and re-scheduled around the Ozzfest dates, are REALLY going to happen/not get canceled 2 weeks before??? The only reason I'm flying to PA and MD is for those off-night shows... I'm also going to the two Ozzfest shows around those dates cause hell, I'll already be there so why not? But I would absolutely shit a brick if I book my flights and those shows get canceled too like they did earlier... I mean, Ozzfest is coming to Philly and Lordi has their own show in the same town too a few days later?

Just being cautious but at the same time I wanna book my flights, hotel, rental car, etc... and get the ball rolling before flights go up in price, ya know? UGH!!!

Bah, then again no one has a crystal ball either so what am I expecting here? I just wanna know how 'carved in stone' those shows really are cause if they are a no-go, then I'll just see a couple of Ozzfests down in the southern states instead of going up north...

Help!!!! EEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!
Lisa

Postby MonsterMummy » Sat May 19, 2007 5:47 am

Hey all!

Just got an email update from The Trocadero. The Lordi show rescheduled for Aug 17th from May 2 is cancelled.

This sucks because:

a) I missed them at Bamboozle due to hubby's knee reconstruction surgery.

b) We were hoping to catch them headlining one of their own shows.

c) We'll have to catch them at an Ozzfest venue, likely Philadelphia on 8/22, and somehow TRY to get decent spots as it's all general admission/free-for-all hell.

Damn.

HOWEVER, I checked The Troc's website: www.thetroc.com and they're still listed, so WTF?

*sigh*

If anyone learns the truth, please share.
MonsterMummy

Postby Andreeuh » Sat May 19, 2007 5:32 pm

Wow, this sucks. I would like to go to one of their headlining shows but if they keep cancelling them I definitely don't want to do it.

LISA.. GOOD LUCK! I hope you don't get screwed again with more cancelled shows!
Andreeuh

Postby Lisa » Sun May 20, 2007 2:33 am

Well geez... I guess I got an answer to my question...!!! Canceled again?! What the fuck is going on here??? Why cancel it??? BAH!!!! I REALLY hope they re-schedule SOME between-Ozzfests dates... fortunately I DID NOT book my flight to Philly yet... but holy shit though, I was just about to do it today since I got paid yesterday but I was too busy trying to stalk some dude today... heh heh... thank GOD for him!!!

Whew... well I don't know why they are canceling them but I guess I'm not going to book ANY hotels, cars, flights or buy the show tickets... until when tho? I mean, do I wait until 2 weeks before the show and if the Baltimore show is still on, go for it? But what if it gets canceled a day before??? Man I don't know if I should trust any of it... except the Ozzfest gigs?? And those we might not even get up front for because of the crazy ass way they are doing the 'free tickets' thing...

I'm so frustrated, Jesus Christmas someone get their booking folks to book a damn show and KEEP IT!!!! I'm wary about buying ANY flights now even if some shit IS re-booked... $(#*&$(#*$&@#(*$&@#

Ok, I'll go take a chill pill... :)
Lisa

Postby Andreeuh » Sun May 20, 2007 10:29 pm

I feel your pain Lisa.. I definitely would wait awhile before booking anything! We didn't even really get proper notice for the Chicago cancelled show.. its BS. I wonder what their excuse is for these cancelled shows??
Andreeuh

Postby Lisa » Sun May 20, 2007 11:00 pm

Andreeuh wrote:I feel your pain Lisa.. I definitely would wait awhile before booking anything! We didn't even really get proper notice for the Chicago cancelled show.. its BS. I wonder what their excuse is for these cancelled shows??

Me too... I'd LOVE to hear this one... but it's funny tho, cause the Philly show was the one that my buddy said would be the first one to go... I asked why and he said, "Dude they are already PLAYING in Philly with Ozzfest... why do a solo gig there?"

So I wonder if ONLY the Philly gig is going to be canceled, or, if this is the start of canceling ALL of those Lordi-only shows until they have a better following in the US... I can sorta see the reasoning behind that I guess... they might want to wait until AFTER Ozzfest and AFTER they get more US fans... but man, what a tease to us folks in the US who are itching to see them!!! :(

Yeah I guess I'll keep my vacation days marked off at work for those weekends, and maybe I'll only book a flight IF it's like 3 days before... but then again who says it won't be canceled the night before?

NOW here's my dilemna... which Ozzfest shows do I go to?? I'm definitely going to West Palm cause its a Thursday but man, those Lordi-only shows were PERFECT cause they were on a Thursday and a Friday, my days off of work... I will not be satisfied with only one show... especially since I doubt I'll get front row for any of them...

BAH! I'm going to go take my anti-bitch pill or something and spare you guys my constant whining...

Er, off to go look at the Ozzfest dates and see what I can do about which shows to go to... they really should just keep those Lordi-only gigs cause, well, they just should!!! :lol: I want a Lordi show... I might hafta wait until I go to Europe next summer... damn!!!
Lisa

Postby MonsterMummy » Tue May 22, 2007 10:35 am

Yeah, it's official. The Trocadero's site has them listed as cancelled with refund available at point of purchase.

*piss, moan, piss, moan*
MonsterMummy

Postby Andreeuh » Wed May 23, 2007 7:42 pm

You know I was thinking how bad it would suck if the WPB Ozzfest got cancelled cause of a hurricane. Its happened before.. Then I would never see them!
Andreeuh

Postby BulletViper » Wed May 23, 2007 10:44 pm

i was just thinking
if Lordi does do an autograph session thing at Ozzfest...
i hope they aren't really bitchy..cuz it's going to be REALLY F*CKING HOT
in the middle of July and August? good god! it's gonna be like 100 degrees (F) and hotter in the south...AND they'll have costumes on which will make it worse

o well..i wanna meet them anyway :mrgreen:
mary ^_^
BulletViper

Postby Electrical » Wed May 23, 2007 10:46 pm

BulletViper wrote:i was just thinking
if Lordi does do an autograph session thing at Ozzfest...
i hope they aren't really bitchy..cuz it's going to be REALLY F*CKING HOT
in the middle of July and August? good god! it's gonna be like 100 degrees (F) and hotter in the south...AND they'll have costumes on which will make it worse

o well..i wanna meet them anyway :mrgreen:

Maybe they sign autographs somewhere in tent where is not so hot :lol:
Lordiholic since 10.11.2005 :twisted:
Electrical

Postby BulletViper » Wed May 23, 2007 10:51 pm

obviously you've never been to America in the middle of summer...no matter where you go, it's hot

in the shade..in the sun..with air conditioning...it's just HOT..i don't know how to explain it

hell..last summer (in mid August) i visited my cousins in North Carolina, it was 130 degrees (F)...i couldnt even walk outside! it was unbelievably hot
mary ^_^
BulletViper

Postby Lisa » Fri May 25, 2007 5:03 am

Bulletviper:

It was hot as fuck in New Jersey and they did a meet n greet anyways... it was at 930pm tho so it was nice by that time... maybe since they're playing late in the evening for Ozzfest, they'll do a meet n greet afterwards too? It seemed to work out fine at Bamboozle, I'm not good at guessing "how many people were there" but I'd say maybe 100 were in line, we were towards the back so we waited awhile but it wasn't all hectic and crazy, the kids stayed in line, no one rushed the table and acted like an asshole (as far as I could see...) so I hope they got a warm 'n fuzzy feeling from that and decide to follow suit that way for Ozzfest...

That is, if they DO meet n greets... not sure what's on their minds for this... honestly I was shocked to high hell to hear they were doing a meet n greet at Bamboozle...

We'll see...

I'm still worried about getting a pit spot/front row for Ozzfest... some of the venues DO NOT EVEN HAVE a pit.... grrrrrrr.... we'll see...
Lisa

Postby BulletViper » Fri May 25, 2007 1:44 pm

im buying like 5 Ozzy cd's this weekend so i can get my tickets early :wink:
mary ^_^
BulletViper

PreviousNext

Return to Gigs