Monsterboard

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Joni Master » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:21 am

Lets make some badass discussion. 20 years since Get Heavy released. What do you wish for this year? I think they should take Kita and Kalma to stage to celebrate. If they just make basic gigs that year I will sell all my collection...

I think many veteran fans needs to get good old shit. Scarchives Vol. 2 BEFORE Eurovision era. That is always golden Lordi for me.

Get Heavy special reprint or something? I already have Drakkar vinyl but it is piece of shit quality... I really would like to see Enary and Magnum costumes. Is there any way to get em to stage or play songs? :roll:

And mayby some new merchandise from that era? NO REPRINTS! I must say I really dont like nowadays merchandise I wear more this old era shit.
Last edited by Joni Master on Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joni Master

Re: 2022

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:58 pm

We know the Lordiary book is coming out in 2022, so that's confirmed at least. Beyond that they've teased stuff that I'm assuming will be releases like Napalm Market finally being brought out from the vaults. Scarchives Vol. 2 at last maybe?
"I'm who I am and this is what I do!"
"In the name of the Lordi..."
Miss-Elodia is my naughty Lordi girl. <3
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Milred Sandman » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:55 pm

Joni Master wrote: If they just make basic gigs that year I will sell all my collection...

I think we should all be happy if bands can play any gigs by 2022!

To do the band justice, I think they should release the following:

-LorDiary
-Scharchives Vol. 2 (More material from GH, demos etc.)
-A special edition of GH
-A s*it ton of merch to celebrate

:)

''My Monsters Keep Me Company''
Milred Sandman

Postby Joni Master » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:24 pm

Milred Sandman wrote:
Joni Master wrote: If they just make basic gigs that year I will sell all my collection...

To do the band justice, I think they should release the following:

-LorDiary
-Scharchives Vol. 2 (More material from GH, demos etc.)
-A special edition of GH
-A s*it ton of merch to celebrate

:)

Good point!
Joni Master

Postby THE Shadow Stone » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:42 pm

Joni Master wrote:I think they should take Kita and Kalma to stage to celebrate.
Joni Master wrote:I really would like to see Enary and Magnum costumes. Is there any way to get em to stage or play songs?
I think Kita's and Kalma's reunion with the guys would be possible, since they are still in contact with Mr. L but I wouldn't really put any money on seeing Enary or Magnum doing anything related to Lordi :( . But yeah since I only became a die-hard fan in 2013 I would be pleased with seeing at least the 2006 lineup also (With Awa, OX and Kita) :D .
Joni Master wrote:20 years since Get Heavy released. What do you wish for this year?
Joni Master wrote:Get Heavy special reprint or something?
MarkusHasADeadache wrote:I'm assuming will be releases like Napalm Market finally being brought out from the vaults. Scarchives Vol. 2 at last maybe?
As Scarchives Vol. 2 goes what I would love to see is a 3CD and 1Blu-Ray release which's contents should look like this:
    CD1: The first 3 demo cassettes, Inferno, The 2 Wanda songs that has already been out (CTBF, YDWMM) and some of the Double Beat und Bodys songs that were made into actual Lordi songs.
    CD2: Get Heavy's TT Oksala mix (including DLMMK and Hulking Dynamo too)
    CD3: Some unreleased tracks from the Lordi vaults like:
      1. Cut Off My Head (Unreleased Babez For Breakfast song + A song Mr. L did with Bruce Kulick back in 2009)
      2. Easy As Boiling Kittens (Unreleased Babez For Breakfast song)
      3. Skinner Of Sinners (Unreleased Deadache Song)
      4. Larger Than Death (Unreleased song, could be working title)
      5. Head On A Plate (Unreleased To Beast Or Not To Beast song, the title can be seen in the TBONTB tourbook)
      6. Love Is Killing Us (It can be seen on Monsterimies’ end credits)
      7. Rocktopus (It can be seen on Monsterimies’ end credits)
      8. Out For Blood (Teased by Magnum via Instagram stories on 2019 September 24 before the release of Killection)
      9. Blow My Fuse (Another studio take if there’s any)
      10. Zombimbo (Another studio take if there’s any)
      11. Carnivore (Another studio take if there’s any)
      12. A studio version of the cover of God of Thunder (Bonus track) (Don’t know why they didn’t do this earlier but I really think they could pull it off in an amazing way ;) )
      13. The full Radio SCG 10 radio show (Bonus track) (This could actually be the first track of the CD too... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯) (It was mentioned in an interview in Spark magazine in 2020 that about 16 mins were cut out of the final result)
    Blu-Ray: The whole Scream Stream show in Blu-Ray quality.
Joni Master wrote:Scarchives Vol. 2 BEFORE Eurovision.
I mean if everything goes well then we'll get the LorDiary in the spring of 2022 and I think it would be awesome if they released Scarchives Vol. 2 for maybe Halloween or November 1 since Get Heavy was released on November 1 in 2002. I think this would make sense :D .
Milred Sandman wrote:
This is true sadly but if they can then I would love to see them do an anniversary tour where they play the WHOLE Demonarchy side of Monstereophonic alongside loads of B-Side songs like Beast Loose In Paradise, Pyromite or Lord Have Mercy.
\m/"Sir I Hate to say this but your daughter needs a Sexorcism!"\m/
"Be fucking proud of who you are, just the way you are and just the way you wanna be."
- Mr. L
THE Shadow Stone

Postby Joni Master » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:27 am

THE Shadow Stone wrote:
Joni Master wrote:I think they should take Kita and Kalma to stage to celebrate.
Joni Master wrote:I really would like to see Enary and Magnum costumes. Is there any way to get em to stage or play songs?
I think Kita's and Kalma's reunion with the guys would be possible, since they are still in contact with Mr. L but I wouldn't really put any money on seeing Enary or Magnum doing anything related to Lordi :( . But yeah since I only became a die-hard fan in 2013 I would be pleased with seeing at least the 2006 lineup also (With Awa, OX and Kita) :D .
Joni Master wrote:20 years since Get Heavy released. What do you wish for this year?
Joni Master wrote:Get Heavy special reprint or something?
MarkusHasADeadache wrote:I'm assuming will be releases like Napalm Market finally being brought out from the vaults. Scarchives Vol. 2 at last maybe?
As Scarchives Vol. 2 goes what I would love to see is a 3CD and 1Blu-Ray release which's contents should look like this:
    CD1: The first 3 demo cassettes, Inferno, The 2 Wanda songs that has already been out (CTBF, YDWMM) and some of the Double Beat und Bodys songs that were made into actual Lordi songs.
    CD2: Get Heavy's TT Oksala mix (including DLMMK and Hulking Dynamo too)
    CD3: Some unreleased tracks from the Lordi vaults like:
      1. Cut Off My Head (Unreleased Babez For Breakfast song + A song Mr. L did with Bruce Kulick back in 2009)
      5. Head On A Plate (Unreleased To Beast Or Not To Beast song, the title can be seen in the TBONTB tourbook)
      8. Out For Blood (Teased by Magnum via Instagram stories on 2019 September 24 before the release of Killection)
      12. A studio version of the cover of God of Thunder (Bonus track) (Don’t know why they didn’t do this earlier but I really think they could pull it off in an amazing way ;) )
      13. The full Radio SCG 10 radio show (Bonus track) (This could actually be the first track of the CD too... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯) (It was mentioned in an interview in Spark magazine in 2020 that about 16 mins were cut out of the final result)
    Blu-Ray: The whole Scream Stream show in Blu-Ray quality.
Joni Master wrote:Scarchives Vol. 2 BEFORE Eurovision.
I mean if everything goes well then we'll get the LorDiary in the spring of 2022 and I think it would be awesome if they released Scarchives Vol. 2 for maybe Halloween or November 1 since Get Heavy was released on November 1 in 2002. I think this would make sense :D .
Milred Sandman wrote:
This is true sadly but if they can then I would love to see them do an anniversary tour where they play the WHOLE Demonarchy side of Monstereophonic alongside loads of B-Side songs like Beast Loose In Paradise, Pyromite or Lord Have Mercy.

Thats a good list! Didnt revember those songs! :D
Joni Master

Postby THE Shadow Stone » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:23 pm

Joni Master wrote:
THE Shadow Stone wrote:
Well I'm just thinking about some possibilities :D. But the thing that I forgot to add is that they could even release the demos of the 3 songs they mentioned during the Scream Stream onto my 3rd CD between Rocktopus and Out For Blood :D . These were those songs:
    What You Fear Is What You Get (2014 demo from the Scare Force One sessions.) (This is the drum/guitar loop in SCG 10: The Last Hour, SCG 10: Demonic Semitones and SCG 10: I Am Here.)
    I'm Your Hell (2017 demo from the Sexorcism sessions.) (This is the song that begins during the time when the studio starts to crumble in SCG 10: I Am Here.)
    Impaled By The Horns (2017 demo from the Sexorcism sessions.) (A bit of it can be heard during the outro of Ruiz's Scream Stream promo videos.)
"Be fucking proud of who you are, just the way you are and just the way you wanna be."
- Mr. L
THE Shadow Stone

Postby Joni Master » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:47 pm

THE Shadow Stone wrote:
Joni Master wrote:
THE Shadow Stone wrote:
Well I'm just thinking about some possibilities :D. But the thing that I forgot to add is that they could even release the demos of the 3 songs they mentioned during the Scream Stream onto my 3rd CD between Rocktopus and Out For Blood :D . These were those songs:
    What You Fear Is What You Get (2014 demo from the Scare Force One sessions.) (This is the drum/guitar loop in SCG 10: The Last Hour, SCG 10: Demonic Semitones and SCG 10: I Am Here.)
    I'm Your Hell (2017 demo from the Sexorcism sessions.) (This is the song that begins during the time when the studio starts to crumble in SCG 10: I Am Here.)
    Impaled By The Horns (2017 demo from the Sexorcism sessions.) (A bit of it can be heard during the outro of Ruiz's Scream Stream promo videos.)

Hah, thats big list now. :D I hope Mr. Lordi taking notes... :roll:
Joni Master

Postby THE Shadow Stone » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:32 pm

Joni Master wrote:Hah, thats big list now. :D I hope Mr. Lordi taking notes... :roll:
What can I say I'm a pretty big fan so I want to hear certain things from them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . And as Mr. L goes I gave him a much more stripped down version of this list printed out this year at their Munich gig. That list didn't include the Double Beat und bodies songs, the 3 songs I mentioned in my previous reply and of course the Blu-Ray with Scream Stream since that happened after the gig. So yeah if Mr. L had enough time to read my shitty document then he knows what I (And maybe most of us) want them to release :P .
- Mr. L
THE Shadow Stone

Postby Joni Master » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:04 pm

THE Shadow Stone wrote:
Joni Master wrote:Hah, thats big list now. :D I hope Mr. Lordi taking notes... :roll:
What can I say I'm a pretty big fan so I want to hear certain things from them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . And as Mr. L goes I gave him a much more stripped down version of this list printed out this year at their Munich gig. That list didn't include the Double Beat und bodies songs, the 3 songs I mentioned in my previous reply and of course the Blu-Ray with Scream Stream since that happened after the gig. So yeah if Mr. L had enough time to read my shitty document then he knows what I (And maybe most of us) want them to release :P .

Thats some badass document! :)
Joni Master

Postby Milred Sandman » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:30 pm

Joni Master wrote: And mayby some new merchandise from that era?

YES! I would LOVE it if they made some of the unreleased GH merch that you can see on Scarchives Vol.1 ( the bonus feature).
But since it is a celebration of the Lordi history I want them to release special merch/dvds/cds from each era of the band. :)

Oh and Napalm market would be nice... :roll:

Milred Sandman

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:35 am

While we're on the subject of merch, I was browsing the booklet on my copy of Babez recently and admiring the gorgeous brightly colored back cover which might be my favorite image of Lordi ever. The leaflet that came with the album teased potential merch designs, including a T-shirt design with the back cover image that ultimately never materialized. That shirt being made real would be a literal dream come true. So if you happen to be reading this, Mr. Lordi, and are looking for merch ideas for the 2022 anniversary year, there's one idea for a throwback shirt. :wink: Pretty please with sugar skulls on top. :mrgreen:

And at the risk of sounding too demanding, merch designs with the Heavy Metal Guy wouldn't hurt either. :mrgreen:
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Joni Master » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:27 am

MarkusHasADeadache wrote:While we're on the subject of merch, I was browsing the booklet on my copy of Babez recently and admiring the gorgeous brightly colored back cover which might be my favorite image of Lordi ever. The leaflet that came with the album teased potential merch designs, including a T-shirt design with the back cover image that ultimately never materialized. That shirt being made real would be a literal dream come true. So if you happen to be reading this, Mr. Lordi, and are looking for merch ideas for the 2022 anniversary year, there's one idea for a throwback shirt. :wink: Pretty please with sugar skulls on top. :mrgreen:

And at the risk of sounding too demanding, merch designs with the Heavy Metal Guy wouldn't hurt either. :mrgreen:

Yes bring the pink design back! :D
Joni Master

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:23 pm

Oh, and I didn't mean to turn this thread into me begging for merch, but something else just popped in my head. :mrgreen: There's no merch with Nalle, I believe, so a face shirt or something else with him featured one day would be lovely. :)
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Milred Sandman » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:50 pm

MarkusHasADeadache wrote: The leaflet that came with the album teased potential merch designs, including a T-shirt design with the back cover image that ultimately never materialized. That shirt being made real would be a literal dream come true. So if you happen to be reading this, Mr. Lordi, and are looking for merch ideas for the 2022 anniversary year, there's one idea for a throwback shirt. :wink: Pretty please with sugar skulls on top. :mrgreen:

YES! I remember that I wanted that shirt even back in 2010!

Milred Sandman

Postby Joni Master » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:14 pm

MarkusHasADeadache wrote:Oh, and I didn't mean to turn this thread into me begging for merch, but something else just popped in my head. :mrgreen: There's no merch with Nalle, I believe, so a face shirt or something else with him featured one day would be lovely. :)

I want "The Drummer" Jimmy Hammer shirt! :twisted:
Joni Master

Postby THE Shadow Stone » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:14 pm

Another thing that came to my mind that they could do while I was browsing through my comics is that there aren't any full The Monsterican Dream and Sexorcism lineup comic drawings and I think they could even do something like an "ultimate illustrated lyrics comic book" with illustrations of EVERY SINGLE LORDI SONG (Including ALL the SCGs and instrumental tracks too like Magistra Nocte or Amen's Lament for Ra and even the Bend Over And Pray The Lord songs too). And all the songs should have the band members drawn in the costume of the era of the song/album (So if the song is Bite It Like A Bulldog then the band should be drawn in the Deadache costumes, if the song is Sodomesticated Animal then they should be drawn in the Sexorcism costumes and so on. I think you'll get it ;) . ). Oh and it should be in A4 plus I think they should use the already drawn materials that they put out already (So I would be totally fine if they didn't get Kaarle to draw a completely new version of the Scare Force One/Demonarchy/Killection comic but they put those ones in just like that.). And I would like to see Nalle drawn into one of the comics too :D .
And another thing that is pretty fresh but I'm really pissed in a way is that they didn't do it is that on Killection as the album's story goes the band that plays is not Lordi but a band called "The Monster Squad". And I really hoped that on the tour there will be some Monster Squad T-shirts and Monster Squad patches so yeah I think it would be pretty cool if they put out some merch with the logo of The Monster Squad in general (Or Radio SCG 10 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯) since I really love all these like "fictional bands" like Spinal Tap, Dethklok or Love Fist from GTA.
What do you guys think about that :D ?
- Mr. L
THE Shadow Stone

Postby Joni Master » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:58 am

THE Shadow Stone wrote:Another thing that came to my mind that they could do while I was browsing through my comics is that there aren't any full The Monsterican Dream and Sexorcism lineup comic drawings and I think they could even do something like an "ultimate illustrated lyrics comic book" with illustrations of EVERY SINGLE LORDI SONG (Including ALL the SCGs and instrumental tracks too like Magistra Nocte or Amen's Lament for Ra and even the Bend Over And Pray The Lord songs too). And all the songs should have the band members drawn in the costume of the era of the song/album (So if the song is Bite It Like A Bulldog then the band should be drawn in the Deadache costumes, if the song is Sodomesticated Animal then they should be drawn in the Sexorcism costumes and so on. I think you'll get it ;) . ). Oh and it should be in A4 plus I think they should use the already drawn materials that they put out already (So I would be totally fine if they didn't get Kaarle to draw a completely new version of the Scare Force One/Demonarchy/Killection comic but they put those ones in just like that.). And I would like to see Nalle drawn into one of the comics too :D .
And another thing that is pretty fresh but I'm really pissed in a way is that they didn't do it is that on Killection as the album's story goes the band that plays is not Lordi but a band called "The Monster Squad". And I really hoped that on the tour there will be some Monster Squad T-shirts and Monster Squad patches so yeah I think it would be pretty cool if they put out some merch with the logo of The Monster Squad in general (Or Radio SCG 10 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯) since I really love all these like "fictional bands" like Spinal Tap, Dethklok or Love Fist from GTA.
What do you guys think about that :D ?

Sounds interesting!
Joni Master

Postby THE Shadow Stone » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:44 am

Joni Master wrote:Lets make some badass discussion. 20 years since Get Heavy released. What do you wish for this year? I think they should take Kita and Kalma to stage to celebrate. If they just make basic gigs that year I will sell all my collection...
THE Shadow Stone wrote:This is true sadly but if they can then I would love to see them do an anniversary tour where they play the WHOLE Demonarchy side of Monstereophonic alongside loads of B-Side songs like Beast Loose In Paradise, Pyromite or Lord Have Mercy.
Yes I'm quoting myself too :P So I've been thinking that if COVID-19 won't be a thing anymore in 2022 and they can do an anniversary tour (If they'll do some live stuff also to celebrate the anniversary then they should do a whole at least European TOUR not just one show like in 2012...) next year then as I wrote they should play the whole Demonarchy side of Monstereophonic. And since Mr. L said that they would need AT LEAST 2 extra guitar players for those songs I thought that they could bring back some old members who can actually play guitar too - So Kalma, Kita or even OX - for that part of the show. I personally would love if they returned and Lordi would hit the stage as a 7-piece giant monster squad band.
Oh and I'd love if they brought some of their old stage pieces - like the "police line do not cross" tape, The Monsterican Dream castle or the Deadache surgery room wall design - and some of the old tricks back - like when Kita beheaded that samurai guy, those chair raising stunts with the Sexorchick and that ghost that explodes into your face while Missing Miss Charlene - I would love to see that.
What about you guys? :D
- Mr. L
THE Shadow Stone

Postby Joni Master » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:02 am

THE Shadow Stone wrote:
Joni Master wrote:Lets make some badass discussion. 20 years since Get Heavy released. What do you wish for this year? I think they should take Kita and Kalma to stage to celebrate. If they just make basic gigs that year I will sell all my collection...
THE Shadow Stone wrote:This is true sadly but if they can then I would love to see them do an anniversary tour where they play the WHOLE Demonarchy side of Monstereophonic alongside loads of B-Side songs like Beast Loose In Paradise, Pyromite or Lord Have Mercy.

Yes I'm quoting myself too :P So I've been thinking that if COVID-19 won't be a thing anymore in 2022 and they can do an anniversary tour (If they'll do some live stuff also to celebrate the anniversary then they should do a whole at least European TOUR not just one show like in 2012...) next year then as I wrote they should play the whole Demonarchy side of Monstereophonic. And since Mr. L said that they would need AT LEAST 2 extra guitar players for those songs I thought that they could bring back some old members who can actually play guitar too - So Kalma, Kita or even OX - for that part of the show. I personally would love if they returned and Lordi would hit the stage as a 7-piece giant monster squad band.
Oh and I'd love if they brought some of their old stage pieces - like the "police line do not cross" tape, The Monsterican Dream castle or the Deadache surgery room wall design - and some of the old tricks back - like when Kita beheaded that samurai guy, those chair raising stunts with the Sexorchick and that ghost that explodes into your face while Missing Miss Charlene - I would love to see that.
What about you guys? :D

I agree. :)
Joni Master

Postby Nikkeli94 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:04 pm

THE Shadow Stone wrote:I wouldn't really put any money on seeing Enary or Magnum doing anything related to Lordi :(

What is this nonsense. It is my understanding that Magnum owns the company that - at least at one point - delivered signature picks for Amen and OX to use.

EDIT: With the "what if" theme of the latest album, how about Would You Love A Monsterman if it was made 2022 version? Or whole album re-recorder or something. About merch stuff, I think all the shirts are pretty full with all kind of prints. So if they make some merch to celebrate, I wish it would be something like in those days. Maybe shirt with only LORDI logo or with the CD-cover picture, nothing too fancy or no extra only for the sake of having more. I like it simple these days.
Nikkeli94

Postby Joni Master » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:05 am

Nikkeli94 wrote:
THE Shadow Stone wrote:I wouldn't really put any money on seeing Enary or Magnum doing anything related to Lordi :(

What is this nonsense. It is my understanding that Magnum owns the company that - at least at one point - delivered signature picks for Amen and OX to use.

EDIT: With the "what if" theme of the latest album, how about Would You Love A Monsterman if it was made 2022 version? Or whole album re-recorder or something. About merch stuff, I think all the shirts are pretty full with all kind of prints. So if they make some merch to celebrate, I wish it would be something like in those days. Maybe shirt with only LORDI logo or with the CD-cover picture, nothing too fancy or no extra only for the sake of having more. I like it simple these days.

Good idea!
Joni Master

Return to General discussion