Monsterboard

FFS sack the management

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

FFS sack the management

Postby Taliesin71 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:31 pm

On the musical front Lordi are nothing special but the music is catchy and the image puts them on a platform equal to , Status Quo, Kiss and Alice Cooper.

Since Euovision though, the momentum fas failed, the release of the single and album was far too slow, and the band is short by at least one album.

With the proper management they should be a worldwide phenomenon, instead the band are sinking into obscurity at an alarming rate!!!
Taliesin71

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:35 pm

1) hi, welcome to the board.

2) double posted topic, ask a mod/admin to delete one of them.

3) uh, no. If you'd looked around the board a little, you'd see Lordi's recently finished touring across america to a huge response, is soon releasing a film and a single, also expected to be huge. So no. The managements doing a pretty good job in my eyes.
}=~M~I~M~M~={
Ade Due Demballa.
Because you can't spell Necromancer without Romance
Mad Madam Mimm

Postby Taliesin71 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:48 pm

Mad Madam Mimm wrote:3) uh, no. If you'd looked around the board a little, you'd see Lordi's recently finished touring across america to a huge response, is soon releasing a film and a single, also expected to be huge. So no. The managements doing a pretty good job in my eyes.

Its over 12 months since Eurovision, while the US tour is good, its a little too late. There should have been a tour to consolidate the European momentum. Right now, the only thing that will save the band is a world tour supporting a big name like Alice Cooper or Kiss.
Taliesin71

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:54 pm

who, i believe, they're gigging with in new zealand next year. If anything, though eurovision shoved them into the public eye and made the band known to the rest of europe, it actually hurt their reputation overall, because of the stigma the ESC carries. Casting my mind back,there was the release of the Arockalypse, european touring, the release of The Arockalypse special edition and then american tourng and Ozzfest between the ESC and now, (not counting talks about Dark Floors, which really started after Eurovision 2008) so i think they've done plenty when you consider how long it can take for these things to happen.
}=~M~I~M~M~={
Ade Due Demballa.
Mad Madam Mimm

Postby grims » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:20 pm

Managment is fine.They just started to walk to the mega band throne.
And as Mimm said they are releasing a film.
grims

Postby Taliesin71 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:20 pm

Mad Madam Mimm wrote:who, i believe, they're gigging with in new zealand next year.

Exactly, next year, on the other side of the world, the band should have been worldwide already (at the very least a European phenomenon and breaking into the worldwide circuit)

Mad Madam Mimm wrote:If anything, though eurovision shoved them into the public eye and made the band known to the rest of europe, it actually hurt their reputation overall, because of the stigma the ESC carries.

Yes there's a certain amount of negative publicity associated with the ESC, but the band had the stature to rise above that and turn it to their own good, instead the single and album took forever to arrive in the UK and the momentum was lost.

Mad Madam Mimm wrote:Casting my mind back,there was the release of the Arockalypse, european touring, the release of The Arockalypse special edition and then american tourng and Ozzfest between the ESC and now, (not counting talks about Dark Floors, which really started after Eurovision 2008) so i think they've done plenty when you consider how long it can take for these things to happen.

So basically 1 late album (and re-release) and a load of talk... look at alot of the cult bands and at that stage in their career they were releasing 2 albums a year and touring relentlessly in between.
Taliesin71

Postby grims » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:23 pm

A guy has a point,we want an album that will release them into the universe.
They don't have a lot of albums..
grims

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:27 pm

Taliesin, have you not noticed that everything is released last in the uk?

Although they haven't shot straight to the top, i think its better that they work their way slowly. And what band honestly went from little known to legendary in one gig? I recon the album that's being released next year after the film should be the one to shoot them up. I mean, fan base has grown a lot since the arockalypse, what with all the guest performances and so on. But at the end of the day, the type of music they play is only appreciated by a small group. Its not exactly mainstream, so they're never really going to have that many fans. Patience is the thing, my friends.
}=~M~I~M~M~={
Ade Due Demballa.
Mad Madam Mimm

Postby Taliesin71 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:39 pm

Mad Madam Mimm wrote:Taliesin, have you not noticed that everything is released last in the uk?

The songs are in English, where else in Europe are you gonna release them to reach the main stream?

Mad Madam Mimm wrote:Although they haven't shot straight to the top, i think its better that they work their way slowly. And what band honestly went from little known to legendary in one gig?

We're not talking overnight sensation here, these guys have released more albums than most boy bands, on the European front at least they should be showing a much higher following than they are currently.

Mad Madam Mimm wrote:I recon the album that's being released next year after the film should be the one to shoot them up. I mean, fan base has grown a lot since the arockalypse, what with all the guest performances and so on. But at the end of the day, the type of music they play is only appreciated by a small group. Its not exactly mainstream, so they're never really going to have that many fans. Patience is the thing, my friends.

Yup, they're never going to compete with the likes of Britney and Justin, but they have the potential to compete (socially) with Alice, Kiss, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Def Leppard etc. Not a bad place to be IMO.

All the above mentioned bands have not only the initial publicity, but the advantage of a sustained fanbase which lasts for decades rather than until the first "Best of" is released.
Taliesin71

Postby judge death » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:42 pm

do you like Lordi?
sounds like you don´t.

It is worth to wait, afterall they are the best band ever!
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby Taliesin71 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:53 pm

judge death wrote:do you like Lordi?
sounds like you don´t.

It is worth to wait, afterall they are the best band ever!

They're not the "best band ever" but I do love their music and their image.

There're plenty of more skilled musicians out there, but being technically proficient doesn't hit the mark when it comes to entertainment (Vinnie Vincent was probably the best guitarist that Kiss had, but probably the worst entertainer)
Taliesin71

Postby Mara » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:58 pm

I agree with Judge Death, but maybe you have a point. Lordi is a great band, it doesn't matter how many fans they have (although I think they have a lot of crazy fans out there, you may count me as one, hehe!), they really show the world how to rock!

But come on, this is a stupid topic. We all on this forum knows that Lordi is an awesome band! It is not a discussion, we just know it!

(and sorry for my bad english, I'm trying to do my best to get it right)
Mara

Postby LIVING DEAD DOLLIE » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:04 pm

I just want to add this little comment in this topic ..
..For what i know there one of the most hardworking bands out there Lordi just working their butts off ....
.And they al got a personal life as well ,,,just let not forget that ......so i think they deserve a little time for themself .now
.But that is just my opinion....just be patient .....

I believe that angels come in every kind of forms and shapes
But the one disguised as a monsterman is the most beautiful angel i ever saw
LIVING DEAD DOLLIE

Location: THE NETHERLANDS .......but in my dreams it looks more like finland !!!! right in MR.Lordi,s arms...

Postby judge death » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:07 pm

I don´t think Lordi can do 1000 gigs every year, they have to choose parts of the world.
2006 they did gigs all over europe
2007 very few gigs in europe but a lot in usa and japan
2008 maybe an europe tour or amreica tour?
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby Taliesin71 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:12 pm

judge death wrote:I don´t think Lordi can do 1000 gigs every year, they have to choose parts of the world.

But that's the point, at this stage, they should have been playing every venue that would have them, they're management should be telling them this.

There's plenty of time to rest in the future, but if they want to make it, then they need to put in the effort now.

Look at bands like Kiss, TS. Alice, Sabbath and they all had to pay the dues to get the fame they deserved.
Taliesin71

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:23 pm

Taliesin71 wrote:
judge death wrote:I don´t think Lordi can do 1000 gigs every year, they have to choose parts of the world.

But that's the point, at this stage, they should have been playing every venue that would have them, they're management should be telling them this.

There's plenty of time to rest in the future, but if they want to make it, then they need to put in the effort now.

Look at bands like Kiss, TS. Alice, Sabbath and they all had to pay the dues to get the fame they deserved.

They all worked hard, and their success came even later. Remember, people bought tickets fo alice cooper, then never went to see the show, sabbath were branded drunks wiht morose music, and twisted sister gained fame with the major help of MTV, later taken away from them.
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby McQuade » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:28 pm

Lordi have had an incredibly busy year and a half behind them.
After they won the Eurovision they have done almost 120 gigs all over Europe, Japan and the United States, and two of those gigs were released as DVDs. The Arockalypse has reached the album charts in 13 european countries and in Japan. The album has sold gold in Germany and Sweden, and on top of that they have filmed a feature film and three music videos.
The Arockalypse was also released in the states as a cd and on Vinyl, they also played on the mainstage of Ozzfest.

Bill Aucoin, the very same person who was responsible for KISS' success, is now the manager of Lordi. So I don't think they are sacking him any time soon.

You don't become a worldwide phenomenon overnight, you have to work for it, a lot. Lordi is a relatively young band when it comes to touring and recording, their first album was released in 2002 after all.

They have worked their asses off during this and last year, it would be an insult to say that they haven't put in the effort.

They have released a new album every second year, and that tradition will continue, the last one was released in January 2006, the next one is slated for release by the end of next year, the gap is almost three years, but it's still every second year.

After Dark Floors and the necessary promotion they will start it all over again, work on the album, then release it and promote it and tour all over the world.
The last time they played a gig in Finland was almost a year ago, because they have been incredibly busy.

The world is a big place, as I said you don't become a phenomenon overnight, it takes time and work. They are determined to get there, slowly and steadily.
McQuade

Postby Taliesin71 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:36 pm

Nightmare Wings Hell wrote:They all worked hard, and their success came even later. Remember, people bought tickets fo alice cooper, then never went to see the show, sabbath were branded drunks wiht morose music, and twisted sister gained fame with the major help of MTV, later taken away from them.

Is that any excuse for Lordi not to work as hard (assuming they want the same fame)?
Taliesin71

Postby Taliesin71 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:44 pm

McQuade wrote:They have released a new album every second year, and that tradition will continue, the last one was released in January 2006, the next one is slated for release by the end of next year, the gap is almost three years, but it's still every second year.

But we're talking about a very fickle cutomer base, Def Leppard may be able to get away with an album every 4 years (with the added publicity of deaths and dismemberments) a gap of 2-3 years when fervour is reaching it's peak is the death knell for a band like Lordi.
Taliesin71

Postby Mara » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:47 pm

Does it really matter? "Create the band you would love to see on stage and write the songs you would love to sing along to, that's pretty much all we love to do!" (or something like that) doesn't it say it all? I think they know what they are doing much better than we would ever know, why do you care about how famous they are? Or how hard they work?

Come on, stop fighting about this :roll:
Mara

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:54 pm

Taliesin71 wrote:
Nightmare Wings Hell wrote:They all worked hard, and their success came even later. Remember, people bought tickets fo alice cooper, then never went to see the show, sabbath were branded drunks wiht morose music, and twisted sister gained fame with the major help of MTV, later taken away from them.

Is that any excuse for Lordi not to work as hard (assuming they want the same fame)?

no, but I'd rather wait for a good album, then watch crap like $hitnot release albums for the Hot Topic poser crowd every year for the cash.
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby McQuade » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:02 pm

Taliesin71 wrote:
McQuade wrote:They have released a new album every second year, and that tradition will continue, the last one was released in January 2006, the next one is slated for release by the end of next year, the gap is almost three years, but it's still every second year.

But we're talking about a very fickle cutomer base, Def Leppard may be able to get away with an album every 4 years (with the added publicity of deaths and dismemberments) a gap of 2-3 years when fervour is reaching it's peak is the death knell for a band like Lordi.

Even if they wanted to release a new album every year, they simply wouldn't have the time.
There is such a thing as overkill, they released a special edition of The Arockalypse and several singles, their newest single was digitally released in Finland a few days ago.
It wouldn't make any sense to release a mediocre album just to cash in on the success, THAT would be a mistake. After the Arockalypse they have literally been promoting it, first in Finland, after the eurovision all over europe, after that in Japan, and two tours in the states.

What I didn't even mention in my first post, was that they filmed a new opening video for this year's eurovision, also Lordi's rocktaurant was opened in Rovaniemi.

Mr. Lordi mentioned in a recent interview that he really hasn't had a lot of days off during this and last year.

Name me ten bands or artists, that are more succesfull than Lordi, who continually release a new album every year?

You keep making the same claim that Lordi haven't worked enough after Eurovision, yet I have offered you facts proving the perfect opposite.
McQuade

Postby judge death » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:11 am

Lordi is working very hard for us fans :D
one prof is: they don´t have time to visit the monsterboard, beaucuse they are so damn busy!
so don´t come here and say that they are lazy, they aren´t!
judge death

Postby supermonstar13 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:38 am

Dunno what to say

Both seem right

I'm just hoping they'll become the #1 band :D
T+A
supermonstar13

Postby SMF » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:29 am

You seem to compare Lordi to KISS... Well, Lordi have the same Manager that made KISS what they were in the 70's.

I do agree with you on some points tho.

Well see if Aucoin has any majic left...
RIP Jayjay. I love you
SMF

Next

Return to General discussion